ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, this is what pisses me off about Painter.

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
We’re up 25, Williams have some really good minutes, but instead of getting him more live game experience, he’s playing Grady.
Seriously. If this kid is going to be a big part of the future of the team, he should be getting him all the floor time possible.

We’re up 25, Williams have some really good minutes, but instead of getting him more live game experience, he’s playing Grady.
Seriously. If this kid is going to be a big part of the future of the team, he should be getting him all the floor time possible.

I can't disagree with this. Not sure why we're not getting the younger players more minutes right now.

He played hunter and Sasha along with the normal 3-4-5 starters. I think that was smart, as if Nojel or Carsen ever gets in foul trouble, then that lineup will be the one trying to win a game.

That lineup needs to mesh well together.

Yup. Can't understand it. Please explain it to me so I could understand. If not in blowouts then WHEN?

Reactions: bonefish1
I'd be interested to hear Painter's comments on this. On the surface, I agree: play Williams. However, given that lineup he was playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to jumpstart Evan & give him some confidence after a rough couple of games.

Yup. Can't understand it. Please explain it to me so I could understand. If not in blowouts then WHEN?
He played some but maybe his conditioning needs to improve. I don't like the practice statement because walk-ons practice just as hard if not harder. If he figures out what he wants the sky is the limit for this kid.

It's pretty simple. Eifert is a better free throw shooter. I think Painter expected Iowa to start fouling. They didn't, but that doesn't change our strategy.

We're up 25 against a ranked team ...and you're still pissed.

I don't think anyone's pissed at the outcome of this game. But if you remember last year, depth bit that team in the @ss. And it doesn't feel like Painter has learned anything from it. Great teams develop depth. We're still giving 25 minutes to a senior walk on instead of playing Wheeler more minutes for development purposes.

Nice repping on the Iowa board today. The anti-Lou Holtz...instead of saying the other team is unbeatable, you thoroughly trash your own. This game proved you have no idea WTF you're talking about.

Hunter, Williams, and Wheeler all should be getting more time. Keep bringing Haarms off the bench. Less PT for Eifert and Boudreaux.

Hunter, Williams, and Wheeler all should be getting more time. Keep bringing Haarms off the bench. Less PT for Eifert and Boudreaux.

those two guys gave PU 11pts, 9rebs, 5assists, and no turnovers...……..CMP is going to play them

those two guys gave PU 11pts, 9rebs, 5assists, and no turnovers...……..CMP is going to play them

Yes, but I looked and couldn't find stats for tripping over yourself and falling on the floor while playing D......EB did well in that category this evening. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone's pissed at the outcome of this game. But if you remember last year, depth bit that team in the @ss. And it doesn't feel like Painter has learned anything from it. Great teams develop depth. We're still giving 25 minutes to a senior walk on instead of playing Wheeler more minutes for development purposes.
If you honestly don't think Painter has not taken a disorganized, rudderless group that many many said had no scoring punch other than CE just three weeks ago and massaged (coached) them into a cohesive unit with incredilble number of assists, passes that would make a training tape, and a thorough beat-down of a ranked team .... then go love your glass that is half empty ... Searching for pissiness tonight is sickening to me

If you honestly don't think Painter has not taken a disorganized, rudderless group that many many said had no scoring punch other than CE just three weeks ago and massaged (coached) them into a cohesive unit with incredilble number of assists, passes that would make a training tape, and a thorough beat-down of a ranked team .... then go love your glass that is half empty ... Searching for pissiness tonight is sickening to me

Please re-read what I said. Because none of what you're accusing me of was said in my post. I also said in a later post that I give the kids, and Painter a lot of credit for tonight's performance. I simply don't believe, based on what I've seen, that Painter is giving the right players enough opportunity for playing time to develop long term depth during blowout games. Playing Grady 25 min tonight had zero purpose behind it that benefits this team longer term.

Yes, but I looked and couldn't find stats for tripping over yourself and falling on the floor while playing D......EB did well in that category this evening. :rolleyes:

The recipe worked......and CMP is the chef. I don't know if or when he will change the ingredients......that's up to him. And he knows his ingredients better than us.

This thread is why we can’t have nice things.

Williams got solid minutes today when the game was being played all out. He didn’t when it was garbage time and Iowa’s only hope was to foul. Look who was on the court for the last four minutes.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I’ll give Painter credit, just as I’m hard on him when we lose. He had the team ready and was very active it seemed on the sidelines. The team played well.
My only gripe... is Wheeler should be playing more, and starting. It’s weird because this seems like a no brainer to me and 90% of people watching. The announcers also rave about wheeler; never Grady. Might as well accept it as this point.

Another problem with garbage time - we didn't mail it home. 82 points with 8 minutes left and we did not hit 100? Iowa is a fast scoring team. Never take the foot off the accelerator

Last edited:
I’ll give Painter credit, just as I’m hard on him when we lose. He had the team ready and was very active it seemed on the sidelines. The team played well.
My only gripe... is Wheeler should be playing more, and starting. It’s weird because this seems like a no brainer to me and 90% of people watching. The announcers also rave about wheeler; never Grady. Might as well accept it as this point.
Probably because Wheeler is wildly inconsistent. Yes, he played well tonight, but he doesn’t show up about half the time.

My word man....we won by a bunch against the 25th ranked team in college BB. How about we quit second guessing Painter about playing time for a freshman. As for Grady....I heard the announcers praise him not once tonight, but twice.

Ohhh... and the 3 R, 0 pt FSU game was just stellar by GE....so inconsistency card can be played both ways

One game doesn't make one inconsistent. Grady leads the team in rebounds per game and has 10 turnovers on the season (one turnover every 41 minutes). Those are season-long stats, not picking one game out here or there.

There's a lot more productive things to pick on in the world than Grady Eifert tonight.

Wheeler had three quality possessions in a row at both ends with a huge lead, and, Painter subbed Eifert for him and I said the exact same thing...big lead, guy playing well and getting some confidence potentially, and you sub a walk-on senior who is limited and not part of the future...makes absolutely no sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT