ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State v. Purdue (Game Thread)

I shouldn't bitch after a win. But that was a total collapse based on bad decisions and missed free throws. They better get their shit together, or it's gonna cost them in the tourney...
We'd be flooding this page with how a crap shot beat us if OSU did that. We've got issues to work out. Starting with Painter. A win is a win but ignoring we have problems is fools gold.

Lottery pick.

But we are kidding ourselves if we dont take these blatant and huge red flags seriously. If these arent fixed it could be another special season gone in the 1st round
I agree. Although I don't know why Painter took all those time-outs at the end. Inbounding the ball can be a problem so why set up those situations at the opponent's end of the court.

Lottery pick.

But we are kidding ourselves if we dont take these blatant and huge red flags seriously. If these arent fixed it could be another special season gone in the 1st round
There’s not a damn thing “WE” can do about it, regardless of your lamentations…

I’d have preferred a 20-point beatdown, but unfortunately that’s not how this team rolls.

Is the headline:

Ivey Bails Painter Out!

After times outs, can’t even get a ball in bounds and can’t get a good shot off. Ivey had to take a fall away 3 with a hand in his face. Low percentage shot. Is Painter coloring on a coloring book over there? Typical blowing leads and bad play execution at the end of games. I know it’s harsh after a win, but it’s real.

We'd be flooding this page with how a crap shot beat us if OSU did that. We've gone issues to work out. Starting with Painter. A win is a win but ignoring we have problems is fools gold.
I doubt Painter is ignoring it. If we see it, he sees it. But the players have to buy in and make good decisions down the stretch. This game wouldn't have come down to the wire without lackadaisical play down the stretch and missed free throws...

First, give credit where credit is due. Ohio State is a very good team and they didn’t implode. Their game is to shoot 3-pt basket, which they do very well. They went under average in the first half and over average in the second. That their shooting would level out in one game is unusual but not really a great surprise. Second, Purdue let off the gas. Need to fix that.

Is the headline:

Ivey Bails Painter Out!

After times outs, can’t even get a ball in bounds and can’t get a good shot off. Ivey had to take a fall away 3 with a hand in his face. Low percentage shot. Is Painter coloring on a coloring book over there? Typical blowing leads and bad play execution at the end of games. I know it’s harsh after a win, but it’s real.
That was not the play that was called, a great player overcame our bad execution.

I doubt Painter is ignoring it. If we see it, he sees it. But the players have to buy in and make good decisions down the stretch. This game wouldn't have come down to the wire without lackadaisical play down the stretch and missed free throws...
So true. Players play the way they are either allowed to or taught to. It's his job to run the show. His shows seem to end this way too often. These lazy passes, piss poor shot selection and general failures at the line are not what NC contenders are made of.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Is the headline:

Ivey Bails Painter Out!

How dare you talk bad about Painter (Sarcasm). Our end of game execution is terrible. I don't know what is going to fix it. I figured a 20 point lead would be enough. Once again our defense almost cost us another game.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Is the headline:

Ivey Bails Painter Out!

Yes, plenty of blame to go around, but at least we walked out with a win. Ivey only bailed himself out though... his last few possessions and defense prior to that was horrible.

Tend to agree here. Plenty to criticize Matt Painter for certain things, but some of these things are also on the players out on the floor. Everybody sees it. I guess you could blame CMP for not getting through yet - Painter has talked about it, and the CBS crew brought it up during the game.

Even with all the missed FT's, Purdue was up 11 with 2 and half minutes left......they need better game awareness at times.....and they maybe lose that game without Mason Gillis. Good game generally from Eric Hunter as well. Jaden Ivey was super solid until the last four minutes - he did bail himself out of jail with that last shot.

I saw a lot of good things today - but this issue needs assistance because it will definitely otherwise be the Boilers' undoing come March/April. It's a long season.....on to The Barn for Wednesday.

Tend to agree here. Plenty to criticize Matt Painter for certain things, but some of these things are also on the players out on the floor. Everybody sees it. I guess you could blame CMP for not getting through yet - Painter has talked about it, and the CBS crew brought it up during the game.

Even with all the missed FT's, Purdue was up 11 with 2 and half minutes left......they need better game awareness at times.....and they maybe lose that game without Mason Gillis. Good game generally from Eric Hunter as well.

I saw a lot of good things today - but this issue needs assistance because it will definitely otherwise be the Boilers' undoing come March/April.
Yes Gillis was a beast towards the end. He is going to be a great one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT