ADVERTISEMENT

Now What

I'm happy because I have wonderful family and friends, I just got a big bonus from work, and mostly bc I'm on the right side of the dirt again today. Everything else is gravy.
We're talking about Purdue football, you KH, not about your family or your work.

Last edited:
Let's look on the bright side of this: We survived 3+ years of The Haze. Whatever comes next can't possibly be as bad, right?

Not sure why everyone seems to think next year’s schedule is so bad. We have three very winnable OOC games & get both Wisconsin and Minnesota at home. Yes, we face tO$U & Michigan but the Buckeyes probably aren’t thrilled with coming here given history. 6-2 or 5-3 in B1G play is very doable with good quarterback play…
the last time OSU came to Purdue it was a very emotional day as we were playing for the student fan dying of cancer. We would have beaten any team on that day. let's not try to say we were the better team. and let's not use that that game to predict any future success against OSU.

without Mertz at QB, UW will be 10 times better. Throw in games against Mich and OSU. I expect nebraska will be better. Purdue could go 8-4 or 4-8 depending on a lot of factors.

He’s leaving for a commuter school in the ACC? Odd.
that's where his family lives. that's where he played. after a while family becomes more important than money or the job. maybe he wants to be like barry alverez and joe paterno and stay at louisville forever, and maybe some day become their AD.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Yeah it sucks, but faulting Jeff for going to Louisville is wrong. Many of us would do the same.

That being said, I'm glad this Brohm to Louisville drama is over. Seemed like every year or two this was a topic.
I can't blame the guy. Imagine Drew Brees was the head coach of Northwestern and the Purdue job came open and he had a chance to come home and be a legend. He would take it in a heartbeat.

It sucks for us, for sure. I'm a big Brohm fan, but he's not making the wrong decision. You have to go home eventually.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
In other words, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’ve always liked Purdue. Hope your next coach continues what JB started. I’m sure he will.
I asked a question but did not make a definitive statement, so I was not claiming to "know" something.

Did that confuse you as a commuter school alum?

I asked a question but did not make a definitive statement, so I was not claiming to "know" something.

Did that confuse you as a commuter school alum?
Well, when I graduated there, it actually was a commuter school. That was nearly 40 years ago. Things have changed.

Good luck.

Well, when I graduated there, it actually was a commuter school. That was nearly 40 years ago. Things have changed.

Good luck.
And good luck to CJB on his return home. I suspect it will work about like the return of Scott Frost, except CJB is a better coach so maybe it will go better.

Unrealistic expectations will likely be his downfall - but no doubt he has a big buyout so he will be set to enjoy his retirement in about 4-5 years. Worked for Frost, will work for him.

And good luck to CJB on his return home. I suspect it will work about like the return of Scott Frost, except CJB is a better coach so maybe it will go better.

Unrealistic expectations will likely be his downfall - but no doubt he has a big buyout so he will be set to enjoy his retirement in about 4-5 years. Worked for Frost, will work for him.
The ACC isn’t the Big 10, so I wouldn’t expect him to do any worse than Satterfield. Purdue is also an attractive job thanks to the facilities upgrades and groundwork laid by Brohm. I have little doubt that your future is bright.

The ACC isn’t the Big 10, so I wouldn’t expect him to do any worse than Satterfield. Purdue is also an attractive job thanks to the facilities upgrades and groundwork laid by Brohm. I have little doubt that your future is bright.
I have a lot of doubt. Everybody has good facilities.

Coaching is what really matters, and our record of hiring football coaches is not good by any measure.

The ACC may not be the Big 10, but your fans will not be happy if CJB doesn't get the Cards into the new and convoluted 12-team playoff within 3-4 years. Right?

I have a lot of doubt. Everybody has good facilities.

Coaching is what really matters, and our record of hiring football coaches is not good by any measure.

The ACC may not be the Big 10, but your fans will not be happy if CJB doesn't get the Cards into the new and convoluted 12-team playoff within 3-4 years. Right?
Being a hometown favorite, he’s set for life here as long as he wins 7-9 games a year and beats the school up east, or at least re-establishes a rivalry.

But who knows. I do feel this is the only college job he would have left Purdue for.

Reactions: CardinalJim
Being a hometown favorite, he’s set for life here as long as he wins 7-9 games a year and beats the school up east, or at least re-establishes a rivalry.

But who knows. I do feel this is the only college job he would have left Purdue for.
I hope you are right, but I bet the money movers are not thinking 7-9 wins and they will be happy.

Reactions: John_dromo1
So does CJB coach the Citrus Bowl? Or does MBob pull a Schembechler and throw him out? If a new coach is hired somewhat quickly, who has to learn the new playbook, the players or coach?

Never mind. See it in another thread.

UK has a huge built-in advantage over UL moving forward. Brohm isn’t a miracle worker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT