ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment and what it would mean now

It’s not unreasonable. Never said it was. I was just curious where you were getting your numbers. Do you know how much of the 9 or 10 mil the collective has goes to football?

Which, again, it’s all about to change. And probably benefits Purdue.
Posters who pointed to Brian’s amount and said Jenkins got what Scourton turned down for Tamu. Again, posters who were plugged in and would tend to have info a bit before it was public.

Collectives are one thing. Some schools have big money donors who just drop off big donations and tell IUs AD to do what needs to be done. IU is 6-0 and everything good about their team is transfers. Because in between NIL mobilizing and revenue sharing, these kind of short term results are possible.

Now you think I’m trying to tell you Purdue is permanently doomed … I’m not. I agree. When revenue sharing kicks in, the top programs will still be able to bribe the Rondale Moore’s, but schools like Purdue will have the internal money to keep really good players who are at Purdue for the right reasons.

Where I’m actually going with this is the fact that it’s dumbfounding to me that fans expect stuff from any coach who has no money and very few quality home grown veterans. That said, I still expected 4-8 from Walters, so 1-11 should not keep his job. But these same fans are going to expect stuff from the next coach. And it’s delusional.

If Purdue had spent 2.0 million more than it did, Purdue could have kept Scourton and got playmakers at MLB, corner and slot receiver. And even with all the bs they’d probably be 3-3.

A big problem too of course is that cars appears to be a lot of money wasted

Posters who pointed to Brian’s amount and said Jenkins got what Scourton turned down for Tamu. Again, posters who were plugged in and would tend to have info a bit before it was public.

Collectives are one thing. Some schools have big money donors who just drop off big donations and tell IUs AD to do what needs to be done. IU is 6-0 and everything good about their team is transfers. Because in between NIL mobilizing and revenue sharing, these kind of short term results are possible.

Now you think I’m trying to tell you Purdue is permanently doomed … I’m not. I agree. When revenue sharing kicks in, the top programs will still be able to bribe the Rondale Moore’s, but schools like Purdue will have the internal money to keep really good players who are at Purdue for the right reasons.

Where I’m actually going with this is the fact that it’s dumbfounding to me that fans expect stuff from any coach who has no money and very few quality home grown veterans. That said, I still expected 4-8 from Walters, so 1-11 should not keep his job. But these same fans are going to expect stuff from the next coach. And it’s delusional.

If Purdue had spent 2.0 million more than it did, Purdue could have kept Scourton and got playmakers at MLB, corner and slot receiver. And even with all the bs they’d probably be 3-3.

A big problem too of course is that cars appears to be a lot of money wasted
Revenue sharing has nothing to do with iu being good this year. Donors don’t just drop money off to the AD and say win. At least not for players. The AD cannot give money to players.

NIL will also likely take a back seat, meaning the recruiting of rosters will decrease, depending on how schools allocate collective bargaining. Schools can’t just dump NIL at players as all deals will have to be approved.

Revenue sharing has nothing to do with iu being good this year. Donors don’t just drop money off to the AD and say win. At least not for players. The AD cannot give money to players.

NIL will also likely take a back seat, meaning the recruiting of rosters will decrease, depending on how schools allocate collective bargaining. Schools can’t just dump NIL at players as all deals will have to be approved.
No I know revenue sharing doesn’t have anything to do with IU sigh. Revenue sharing is what can’t come fast enough for Purdue.

Word on on3 was that donors went to the AD and said here is 50 mill, do what needs to be done. I doubt that means donors gave him the money to write checks from IU to players sigh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT