ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment and what it would mean now

Pboiler, we aren’t talking legends here. Had they kept Scourton and added players in line with

Niko Koutouvides
Jacques Reeves
Dorien Bryant

You’re easily 3-3. Even with Harrell being diacoesque and card being the wrong choice at QB. That doesn’t cost 10 million.

To show you where the commitment … every basketball player will get more than it would have cost to bring in those kind of players individually.

One game and you can decide he’s a great OC? He did a fine job. Competent. That’s it.

12 games as HC last year and that wasn’t enough for me to give him a fair shot to decide he was a bad HC? That was your argument all summer. Talk about moving the goalposts! Go score as much as Ohio State did on Oregon and we can talk about him being an offensive genius.

This is silly. You constantly move the goalposts to fit your narrative. Once we get drubbed on Friday I’m hoping you disappear for several weeks again.
I made a joke and you got upset. Lol calm down. It was clearly not serious. But I'd call 42 points with a backup QB in your first game calling plays more than competent.

Reactions: z_one
Iu just did it with not a ton of commitment. Its also all about the change with revenue sharing.
Dude you can’t look at the pff on the snaps some of their transfers played at previous stops and tell me they only cost nyland green money

Dude you can’t look at the pff on the snaps some of their transfers played at previous stops and tell me they only cost nyland green money
You can't tell me what any of them cost either, so… the whole system is also about to change

Last edited:
You admitted as much. My whole point with Walters is I’m not sure why you guys are so brutal. He had the balls to take a job that double digit guys probably never took the call on.

You know that too g5 guys aren’t taking that call. And so what we will get is a retread or a so so g5 guy.. a guy who wins for a reason other than his system (eg toledo coach having a recruiting advantage relative to other MAC schools) who will have no money. And until they put money behind him OR revenue sharing comes, it’s not going to be great.

It never was once legalized pay for play was fully mobilized
First of all, I will say I don't think all of the excuses you continually provide are valid and we aren't doomed. Many programs we compete with have similar challenges and are in a far better place than we are because they've made better decisions to date.

However, if you believe these things, why devote time to Purdue football at all? Sounds like you believe it is pretty much hopeless.

First of all, I will say I don't think all of the excuses you continually provide are valid and we aren't doomed. Many programs we compete with have similar challenges and are in a far better place than we are because they've made better decisions to date.

However, if you believe these things, why devote time to Purdue football at all? Sounds like you believe it is pretty much hopeless.
I’m happy with a team that’s 4-8. Cause I ain’t paying lol. I’m not the one who is crying and looking for Coach Magic to miracle me results Purdue doesn’t pay for.

YOU are in the pitchfork crowd.. I’m bursting your bubble as to why that crowd is delusional.

So, I think you have it half right as far as programs like us achieving.

You could have paid little money for players in 2024. Cool!

If you have a senior laden team of tough football players where it’s obvious that the previous coach demanded a lot of his staff and that they had tough veteran players in every unit. That’s what Joe tiller had. Jeff brohm hadn’t developed one good big ten starting true linebacker since Jaylan Alexander. Cory trice was his only good corner. Ever. He didn’t develop 3 big ten starting caliber OL in 6 years.

You can be missing everything from the previous paragraph.. a program that didn’t develop or recruit shit since 2019? Dead last classes in 2021 and 2023. Cool!

You can pay your way out of that with enough money.

You can’t do both. You can’t have little veteran home grown presence and go shopping at the thrift store. Walters can be the worst coach who ever lived and you won’t be able to do that with the next guy.. who by the way is going to have Klare, Omonode, Mockobee and ZERO other homegrown true seniors/redshirt juniors who have shown they can play big ten football.

So if Joe tiller had left after his 6th year, Purdue had big ten level starters at every position. Bernard pollard came off the bench to start the year. In that scenario you can pay a little retention money and win football games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT