ADVERTISEMENT

Now What

Boiler Mike

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2001
Louisville Rivals site claims Brohm is negotiating the contract with an announcement Thursday or Friday. No coach and several starters will transfer or opt out of the bowl game. This seems like a train wreck.

if I'm brohm, his dream job awaits. it won't be there next year, and next year's Purdue's schedule is going to be very tough. it's time to cash in the chips now.

as for recruits and players, there will be a lot that decommit and many will transfer. But for all those that leave, there are an equal number that will arrive.

if I'm brohm, his dream job awaits. it won't be there next year, and next year's Purdue's schedule is going to be very tough. it's time to cash in the chips now.

as for recruits and players, there will be a lot that decommit and many will transfer. But for all those that leave, there are an equal number that will arrive.
"for all those that leave, there are an equal number that will arrive."

Yes, for every 3* out the front door, there will be a 1* in the back, that we pinch from a MAC school. And a third of the existing team will be in the portal. The portal has changed everything. 90% of what Brohm built over 6 years will be gone in a flash, and next year, we'll be starting over from scratch as everyone's #7 pick in the West.

Yes, for every 3* out the front door, there will be a 1* in the back, that we pinch from a MAC school. And a third of the existing team will be in the portal. The portal has changed everything. 90% of what Brohm built over 6 years will be gone in a flash, and next year, we'll be starting over from scratch as everyone's #7 pick in the West.
You ok? Need a blanky? Some milk and cookies?

with AOC leaving, and UW on the rebound, and nebraska with a new coach, and looking at our schedule, I doubt anybody was predicting purdue to win the west next year even with brohm staying.

Reactions: indyogb and krf3632
and looking at the past players who came to Purdue via the transfer portal, we've done pretty well as far as star ratings go. We had that 4 star receiver fromND show up. we had that 4 star RB from Iu join us. Admitedly, they contributed nothing to Purdue other than taking a scholarship. But, we've had other 3/4 stars come to purdue via the portal.

as for those that leave, if you are a 4 star player at Purdue, and you're not starting, then there is obviously something wrong with you. Look at what Carr did at MSU after he left. Carr left Purdue because he couldn't beat out our other 3 star receivers.

with AOC leaving, and UW on the rebound, and nebraska with a new coach, and looking at our schedule, I doubt anybody was predicting purdue to win the west next year even with brohm staying.
I wouldn't argue with that. But things can get a lot worse than not winning the West.

Reactions: pboiler18
Oh no we might have a down year. That's never happened in the history of Purdue football.
Are you happy repeating the history of Purdue football? If so, why did we fire DH1?! Wisconsin wasn't happy repeating their history.

Not sure why everyone seems to think next year’s schedule is so bad. We have three very winnable OOC games & get both Wisconsin and Minnesota at home. Yes, we face tO$U & Michigan but the Buckeyes probably aren’t thrilled with coming here given history. 6-2 or 5-3 in B1G play is very doable with good quarterback play…

We are going to have a mass exodus into the portal, then several guys opting out of the bowl game to prepare for the draft. Brady Allen will follow the Brohms to Louisville. I bet we end up backing out of the bowl game due to mere chaos within the program. What a mess we are likely staring at.

If Brohm is leaving, I trust Bobinski to make a solid hire.

As for Brohm, it is difficult to blame him. His family legacy and his own history at Louisville would make it next-to-impossible to decline a second time.

I will miss his innovation, his down-to-earth persona and approach, and am grateful for the excitement that he brought back to the program.

I will not miss his play-calling, nor the ill-timed lack of on-field discipline (though that was markedly better against IU and Michigan).

Should I sustain a case of insomnia, I will dial up his press conferences/injury status updates.

The Citrus Bowl will definitely be acidic.

Looks official. I expect the bowl game to be painful. But I think a mass exodus can be prevented.

Tough pill to swallow but not shocking. A sincere congratulations is due to CJB on putting Purdue back on the football map while also getting back home.

It will be a painful transition but that is our recent history.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Louisville Rivals site claims Brohm is negotiating the contract with an announcement Thursday or Friday. No coach and several starters will transfer or opt out of the bowl game. This seems like a train wreck.
As the BoilerUpload site reported, this move was inevitable -- just a matter of time. Bobinski had to have a continuously-updated plan in mind.

It may make sense to look at the assistant coach who was recruiting the top players coming in, if he is qualified. It may minimize the decommitment damage.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
We are going to have a mass exodus into the portal, then several guys opting out of the bowl game to prepare for the draft. Brady Allen will follow the Brohms to Louisville. I bet we end up backing out of the bowl game due to mere chaos within the program. What a mess we are likely staring at.
Breathe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT