ADVERTISEMENT

Now is the time

Carolsh

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2016
We keep hearing every year we r getting good recruits and are going to run an uptempo offense but ever year it is the same old thing. Between injuries and and transfers we barely have a team. She coaches the same every year. We desperately need a coaching change, and now is the time.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking woth Coach Versyp on 3 different occassions (John Purdue events). I know she is a dedicated and hardworking coach who has had some health issues. We all wish her nothing but the best.

However, I feel that she has had her chance to bring the Purdue Ladies BB back to competing on the national stage like in 1999 and 2001. The Purdue Ladies BB has been struggling for several years. We used to beat ND on a regular basis when Lynn Dunn was hear. But it is a good thing that the Purdue Ladies BB team do not play ND again until we can recruit some national players again and be competitive.

I know there a eager young BB coach coaching at another school who would love the opportunity to coach at a Big Ten school. It is embarrassing for us to take a backseat to ND in women's BB. I am certain that our new AD will find us a great coach like Brohn (FB coach) and deliver us to greatness again.

Maybe Purdue neds to talk to Lynn Dunn and ask her for advise. I think whatever was the issue that caused her to leave Purdue, should be forgotten. She is an expert on women BB and Purdue needs to bury the hackett with her and Frank Kendrick.

Just my opinion.

I loved Lin Dunn's passion and enthusiasm for the game. She has a fantastic basketball mind and was able to attract the type of talent needed to reach the apex of the sport. We need someone with her fire, her passion, and her positivity. Quite frankly, we are lucky the program continued to prosper after she left (excluding the last 10 years), because she certainly had a steamrolling machine on her hands.

We last went to an Elite 8 in 2008-09. In the last 9 years, the best we have done is the 2nd round of the NCAA. With our tradition and resources, this record represents significant under-performance. It's just wasteful to underperform at this level, and Purdue has always been good stewards of the resources that alumni and fans share with them.

Yep, it is past time to make a change. Too much chaos, kids transferring out from the program, losses to very bad teams, etc. Brohm has shown he can attract talented coaches and it is time for him to do so with this once great program.

Indiana winning the WNIT and Notre Dame playing for the National Championship doesn't help the vibe. We might as well be Valpo, Evansville, Indiana State, or Ball State.

And Indiana State just hired Vicki Hall. Wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t attract better talent moving forward.

Indiana winning the WNIT and Notre Dame playing for the National Championship doesn't help the vibe. We might as well be Valpo, Evansville, Indiana State, or Ball State.
Yes, we are way behind just in the state of Indiana? Something needs to be done.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Notre Dame is a national program and been in the Final Four picture for at least the last 10+ years. IU has reached their apex with a WNIT championship. Kind of sad actually. They barely surpassed us and won't likely be that good again without Buss.

I was against the hire from the start. Once you coach in Bloomington, you cash in your Gold and Black card for life. I'll never forget the game against Md a few years ago she wanted to upset them so bad they started to stall in the First half!! How many times have i heard "don't abandon your game plan"

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT