ADVERTISEMENT

Newman at 81 in rivals 150

He had been watching him since last fall. So a non ignorant person would see that as a long time to wait around.
Which is why I responded how I did, if you're going to be sarcastic then perhaps adding a /s like everyone else does will allow people to get your intent.

That aside, my statement and assessment still remains.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well since there was no indication he was, it's not hard to miss. Now I know you're from iu so that concept goes over your head, but try and keep up.
It was blatantly obvious that he was joking. That's why no one else jumped on him. I know you didn't actually go to Purdue, so I don't expect you to grasp everything when Purdue grads are talking.

It was blatantly obvious that he was joking. That's why no one else jumped on him. I know you didn't actually go to Purdue, so I don't expect you to grasp everything when Purdue grads are talking.
Lol . unlike you I have actually been to WL, attended Purdue and am working on another degree from there. You see no one buys you're a Purdue grad, you take every chance you can to praise iu and no Boiler would ever put them above us, but you do frequently.

A Boiler you are not. That is undeniably clear.

Lol . unlike you I have actually been to WL, attended Purdue and am working on another degree from there. You see no one buys you're a Purdue grad, you take every chance you can to praise iu and no Boiler would ever put them above us, but you do frequently.

A Boiler you are not. That is undeniably clear.
Other than Romeo, give me some examples where I defended them. If I do it every chance I get, it shouldn't be hard to find.

As far as "putting iu above us", are you referring to my Big Ten predictions for next season? That's called being a realist and looking at both rosters to make an educated guess.

I graduated from Purdue spring 2015 with a degree in Computer Science.

Other than Romeo, give me some examples where I defended them. If I do it every chance I get, it shouldn't be hard to find.
How about your rankings for the B1G finish? Again, you aren't that bright so I am not surprised you forgot and miss that.

As far as "putting iu above us", are you referring to my Big Ten predictions for next season? That's called being a realist and looking at both rosters to make an educated guess.
lol, this statement just proves my point. Well done peegster!

I graduated from Purdue spring 2015 with a degree in Computer Science.
No you didn't. That much is fact.

Reactions: RowdyB and Mgkcbb
What's funny is if he were ranked 125 the some of the same people hoping he commits wouldn't want him anymore, even though he's the exact same player.
1hag7e.jpg

Is Painter Still our coach ? Then yes we waited tooooooooooooo long
I'm friends with Michigan's reigning Mr Basketball. Grandparents are Purdue alum. Mother graduated from HS in Tippecanoe Co. I asked them if he was coming to play at Purdue. They said he hasn't heard anything from CMP. So I sent an email to A Karpick to go over and light a fire. By the time he visited WL, he was already sold on MSU.

I'm friends with Michigan's reigning Mr Basketball. Grandparents are Purdue alum. Mother graduated from HS in Tippecanoe Co. I asked them if he was coming to play at Purdue. They said he hasn't heard anything from CMP. So I sent an email to A Karpick to go over and light a fire. By the time he visited WL, he was already sold on MSU.
Yeah but according to @BoiledSteel I’m an ignorant.

Truthfully I like Painter and think he does a great job for the most part but recruiting is his weakness.

You need to spray right now and offer everyone. These kids have 0 loyalty to us and our program. If Mason Gillis isn’t willing to commit today then offer everyone rated above him.

I get we want them to think we like them but these are high school kids who blow their load when a girls touches their knee. Painter and his staff need to sit down with Brohm and take notes about closing.

CMP has an eye for talent, often much earlier than other coaches. He hits and misses just like every coach does, and, by most accounts, does so by the rules. As far as his "closing" techniques....I'm still wondering what you all think he should be saying, short of bold face lying that is. 3 of his recruits just went Pro...….another on the way next season. One went Pro last year. Seems as though he knows how to recruit IMO.

You also have to remember is that recruiting for the most part gets done by assistants not the head coach. Yes, this has a reflection on him but when he continues to win 20-25 games a year and seems to be near the top of the B1G every year. Is this why fans crave for that next step? Overall, he's pretty solid.

Bring back Cuonzo! Or someone like him on the coaching staff! He was the equivalent to coach Shepard on this football staff now. I mean, how else did we get the baby boilers?

sorry to disappoint you guys for not adding 8 paragraphs sooner. but I was kind of busy on the football board arguing with people who supposedly don't read my posts. in other words talking to myself while others dissed me.

so, in summary, one of you said you doubt our posts have any influence on the coach's actions . that would contradict an earlier premise that recruits and coaches read all of our posts and are affected by them. if the later is false, then basically, we can say anything we want because nobody outside this forum really cares, do you? ( a little political humor)

his post was sarcastic? and you didn't know? What if I were to say all of my posts were actually sarcasm and basically just a reflection of your posts to show you how annoying and stupid your posts are? or if I ever said something wrong, I could just post another post, and said that was all just sarcasm?

and I love the way we argue amongst ourselves a lot more than we argue at the trolls. is it too hard to say we just disagree, rather than calling somebody an IU spy?

and finally, what's wrong with being a nerd? I hold a BS in information systems from USF. Fortran is the beast ! I also hold a EE degree from Purdue. the EE doesn't stand for engineering or electrical. I also hold two other degrees in finance and management. I guess I'm a nerd too.

Hi Clean face !

Reactions: BoilerIron
Bring back Cuonzo! Or someone like him on the coaching staff! He was the equivalent to coach Shepard on this football staff now. I mean, how else did we get the baby boilers?

the baby boilers all kind of knew each other and (MOSTLY) played on the same AAU. team before Painter started recruiting them. they sort of liked playing together. They were an easy sell.

the question is, how focused was painter on recruiting that class? Did he make any real effort to recruit anybody else in the event they decided to play elsewhere? Did painter have a plan B ?

the baby boilers all kind of knew each other and (MOSTLY) played on the same AAU. team before Painter started recruiting them. they sort of liked playing together. They were an easy sell.

the question is, how focused was painter on recruiting that class? Did he make any real effort to recruit anybody else in the event they decided to play elsewhere? Did painter have a plan B ?

Don't be afraid to give CMP some credit...…………..

Reactions: Purdue85
Painter did a good job landing that class.

The issue is, that was over a decade ago....

Actually, that wasn't my issue at all. Time had nothing to do with it. It was suggested that it was an "easy" recruitment...…..whereas I suggested CMP should be given more credit. Now back to your trolling...…...

Actually, that wasn't my issue at all. Time had nothing to do with it. It was suggested that it was an "easy" recruitment...…..whereas I suggested CMP should be given more credit. Now back to your trolling...…...
I'm just giving CMP credit for that class, not trolling. More classes like that and we would be championship contenders year in and year out.

Reactions: nagemj02
Don't be afraid to give CMP some credit...…………..

I've given him a lot of credit in many other threads.

but that was a unique class. Refresh my memory. Didn't 3 (Hummel, Martin, Moore) of the 4 players all play on the same AAU team? and Johnson was friends with them and had played against them? Admittedly, they all didn't sign on the same day. but I have to believe they talked to each other before being recruited about the potential of playing together at college.

I'm just curious since it was so long ago, who else Painter was recruiting that year? and who was the Mr. Basketball, and who was the guy who was plan B. I know all 4 players were highly rated. I thought Moore was the highest rated coming in. Wasn't Moore a 5 star? and I thought Martin was ranked slightly higher than Hummel.

I've given him a lot of credit in many other threads.

but that was a unique class. Refresh my memory. Didn't 3 (Hummel, Martin, Moore) of the 4 players all play on the same AAU team? and Johnson was friends with them and had played against them? Admittedly, they all didn't sign on the same day. but I have to believe they talked to each other before being recruited about the potential of playing together at college.

I'm just curious since it was so long ago, who else Painter was recruiting that year? and who was the Mr. Basketball, and who was the guy who was plan B. I know all 4 players were highly rated. I thought Moore was the highest rated coming in. Wasn't Moore a 5 star? and I thought Martin was ranked slightly higher than Hummel.

None of that matters. Bottom line is CMP got them to PU. If this was Beilein, Izzo, even Archie...…...you are giving full credit to the coach for a job well done.

He looks like a great kid and player. His HS Coach's son is an assistant coach at MSU. He's six-foot and thin. I know, I know, but the B1G isn't HS. It's not even AAU. Who knows what CMP may have known a long time ago. Maybe you've heard what he would have done if offered???

I think all of the classes since 2014 have been outstanding. 2014, obvious. 2015, Cline & Biggie. 2016, Carsen. Etc.

2017, in particular, is an awesome class with real potential for multiple all conference players before the class graduates imo like 2014.

Nojel Eastern, HAARMS, Sasha, and Aaron Wheeler.

Painter just isn't a recruiter. Would not be surprised at all if newman signed elsewhere. We need to fire multiple assistants and bring in some guys that can get high end talent to come here if painter/his assistants can't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT