ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota vs. Maryland Game Thread

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Watching the Fighting PJ Flecks vs. Maryland.

Not seeing a bunch of flair and innovation from Minnesota. Lots of simple line up and try to out muscle a team. Trying to watch the blocking schemes up front but in the few plays I have been able to watch closely (as I am grading in my classroom), not seeing a lot of pulling or trapping and lots of zone blocking. Purdue has a definite chance to win next week if they can hold up with Bentley and Thienneman out for the first half. The bye week comes at a good time to get some guys healthy and plan accordingly for the upcoming weeks after getting exposed a bit against UM.

Reactions: Frankie611
Minnesota's defense has allowed the fewest points after the half at this point in the season...their schedule is also pretty soft although not as soft as IU's (Buffalo, @ Oregon State, MTSU). Their first three opponents have a combined 5-7 with victories against Colgate, FAU, Portland State, Syracuse, & BGSU.

Not overly impressed so far with Minny although they do have a good RB in Campbell. If Purdue can take away the running game for Minny and make them more one dimensional...not sure they have the horses on the outside to score a bunch of points against Purdue.

Maryland not getting a bunch of pressure and Minny's QB able to sit in the pocket for extended amounts of time. If Holt can get pressure on Roeder (Minny's QB), might force Minnesota in to some key mistakes as Purdue has been able to do against the four teams they have faced so far. I think Holt's aggressive nature has allowed Purdue to create TO's. Purdue is currently +4 on the TO Margin which is the same as Minnesota.

Not watching intensely, but I hope Minny wins. I want them undefeated coming to us the week after Coach Tiller passed and us putting a beat down on them.

Reactions: TMA62
Not watching intensely, but I hope Minny wins. I want them undefeated coming to us the week after Coach Tiller passed and us putting a beat down on them.

Minnesota looks suspect on the defensive side if you can create some confusion and get their eyes moving. I believe that is what Brohm succeeds at and I don't think Minny has the same athletes that UM has to make up for that. Amazed at how good UM's linebackers were at eye discipline and make-up speed.

Reactions: punaj
WOW....how does NU's QB allow himself to take a safety in that situation? Thorson has really regressed from last season...looks good at times but some really bad decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT