ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota v. Purdue Game Thread

Agreed. On the early fumble the right tackle barely moved and when he did the DE was already by him.

We just beat ourselves in any way we can. The D has no hope in getting help from the offense.
He got his hand slapped down, it wasn't a physical play just a misplay on his part.

He already didn’t wanna come here dude lol. That’s my point this whole time when people complain about brohm.

tiller wanted Purdue to make a big boy commitment to football. They said no. Now we have put ourselves in the position over the years where we don’t demand anyone..

Our only option is to get a big time up and comer and pray he doesn’t leave the first chance he gets

Reactions: BBG
Just watched the full field replay. The running back was wide open about 10 yards down field on that INT.
I told my wife right before the snap that they should just chechdown here since they have 2 downs rather than greedy

He already didn’t wanna come here dude lol. That’s my point this whole time when people complain about brohm.

tiller wanted Purdue to make a big boy commitment to football. They said no. Now we have put ourselves in the position over the years where we don’t demand anyone..

Our only option is to get a big time up and comer and pray he doesn’t leave the first chance he gets
I don't actually want fleck dude. I'll take a few years of an up and comer who can recruit linemen and RB's and call plays and win 7-9 games and leave us in a better spot. Sign me up.

Okay so whatever, we lost. We won the yardage battle 434 to 293. I think we had a few really bad calls along the way but I still feel okay with how our offense and defense played. Yeah, we should have won, given the stat sheet, but credit their offensive play calling and their punter.

We were a -2 coming into this, and the game sort of played out close to expectation. Plummer has been more conservative and our offensive efficiency wasn't great as a result. With O'Connell we figuratively blew up the stat sheet but have to be able to weather the occasional turnover.

We really needed this game but we can still make waves the rest of the year, especially with our starters getting healthy.
I truly hope that you are being sarcastic. Think about your first sentence. Why play the game? Just to win the yardage battle?

I don't actually want fleck dude. I'll take a few years of an up and comer who can recruit linemen and RB's and call plays and win 7-9 games and leave us in a better spot. Sign me up.
And then you have to keep doing that and pray that you don’t end up with the wrong guy .. it only takes one of those who LOOKS Like an up and comer where you find out you thought wrong to derail you for years.

And then you have to keep doing that and pray that you don’t end up with the wrong guy .. it only takes one of those who LOOKS Like an up and comer where you find out you thought wrong to derail you for years.

Isn't that what we had in Hazel and now Brohm?

Like Darell Hazell.

We aren't a football school. We aren't going to go out and get Nick Saban and Brohm while having flaws (like every other coach) has shown progress in changing things for the better.

We still stand a chance at 6 wins and while Iowa is likely to stomp us, there are a lot of winnable games left.

But if we don't fix the offensive line and have a repeat next year, then I too might jump on the "new coach" bandwagon.

Reactions: decontain
Not even remotely the answer.
What is?? I've seen enough of his play calling. Zero points in the 2nd....0. Post game comments say AOC should be better??!! WTH! You developed this walk-on and made him your starter. Your calling needs to put him in better position to do these things. JB is becoming a joke. His boat should row out of town.

What is?? I've seen enough of his play calling. Zero points in the 2nd....0. Post game comments say AOC should be better??!! WTH! You developed this walk-on and made him your starter. Your calling needs to put him in better position to do these things. JB is becoming a joke. His boat should row out of town.
I feel bad for these kids..

Would have been worse. You know those plays where it’s coming at Oconnell and he struggles to get away and throws as he’s getting hit? Jack just ducks Like “here it comes” a second earlier
And doesn’t fumble or force a pick. We can go in circles about those two all day and that’s my point. It’s fireable that Brohm has no one better

I truly hope that you are being sarcastic. Think about your first sentence. Why play the game? Just to win the yardage battle?
Just looking at the bright spots, man. Yeah, yardage battle doesn't win games but we've been collectively disappointed with our offensive efficiency the past few weeks. So, the football is moving positively on our part, how can you not be happy about that. Maybe the play calling can be tailored to better position us to win; however, our 434 offensive yards vs a decent defense bests the other 3 (non uconn games) of 391, 348, and 315.

were you a fan of the ex Husker coach now at Youngstown St by any chance

Isn't that what we had in Hazel and now Brohm?
Hazell yes… brohm has been cleaning up gazelle mess and is ok.. C+ coach.

top coaches won’t ever come here. It’s stupid. If there are 14 teams in a conference you don’t take a job with one of the bottom 4.. no coach will look good doing that.

tiller would be laughing and tell you “I told them to commit when I had them in the upper half”

we are paying for not listening

Reactions: Poprudy
Hate moral victories. Defense played well enough to win. Offense needs a change up. Heard BOILERDOWD say this, and I agree. Turn over the play calling to Brian Brohm and let Coach JB be the CEO and only input on 4th down.

Just looking at the bright spots, man. Yeah, yardage battle doesn't win games but we've been collectively disappointed with our offensive efficiency the past few weeks. So, the football is moving positively on our part, how can you not be happy about that. Maybe the play calling can be tailored to better position us to win; however, our 434 offensive yards vs a decent defense bests the other 3 (non uconn games) of 391, 348, and 315.
alot of guys talking stats here, got to look at big plays and TO's, watched an earlier game this year psu at wisky, psu was on the field for 90 plays and wisky had the stats on their side and didn't win the game.

And doesn’t fumble or force a pick. We can go in circles about those two all day and that’s my point. It’s fireable that Brohm has no one better
Oh no no you still lose dude.. I was just talking about that one issue.. he also doesn’t hit most of the good throws Oconnell does cause he isn’t feeling the game.. he needs to see it wide open in an ocean with a one second count after that not to hold it.

Oconnell is far from this team’s problem

you want to blame someone blame Miller,Thompson and the whole OL and also yes the secondary for biting first drive third quarter

And AOC sucks
Everyone thought AOC was the savior and Plummer was the problem. It's pretty simple. The OL stinks. I'd start playing the younger OL players down the depth chart and send a message to the current starters. May not win, but not going to anyway the way they're playing.

as opposed to what? we aren't "derailed" but there's a cow on the tracks

top coaches won’t ever come here. It’s stupid. If there are 14 teams in a conference you don’t take a job with one of the bottom 4.. no coach will look good doing that.

tiller would be laughing and tell you “I told them to commit when I had them in the upper half”

the only way to get a really good coach at a developmental program like ours is get a proven guy ( who made a ?able move or two) on a rebound like a Schiano.

Yes, I agree. Brohm is light years ahead of Hazel. It is just frustrating after Brohm's first two years I though by now he would have us at 9 wins per season.

Also agree the AD blew that once in a lifetime opportunity with Tiller.

Would have been worse. You know those plays where it’s coming at Oconnell and he struggles to get away and throws as he’s getting hit? Jack just ducks Like “here it comes” a second earlier
Worse? Than 13 points against crummy Minnesota? Nah. Team needs consistency IMO.

Everyone thought AOC was the savior and Plummer was the problem. It's pretty simple. The OL stinks. I'd start playing the younger OL players down the depth chart and send a message to the current starters. May not win, but not going to anyway the way they're playing.
What message is that exactly? Do you think any of them have pro football aspirations? You don’t have to play, risk injury, but still get free school.

Oh no no you still lose dude.. I was just talking about that one issue.. he also doesn’t hit most of the good throws Oconnell does cause he isn’t feeling the game.. he needs to see it wide open in an ocean with a one second count after that not to hold it.

Oconnell is far from this team’s problem

you want to blame someone blame Miller,Thompson and the whole OL and also yes the secondary for biting first drive third quarter
You’re further proving my point. “You still lose”
But you see losing isn’t acceptable in this game. Bowling Green took it to Minny. Sure the secondary bit early in the 3rd. Minnesota knew we’d be going hard all week planning to stop the run and they took advantage throwing. That’s what a good offense will do. But saying all the blame is on the secondary and one lineman and none is on the guy who gave the ball away for the only two turnovers in the game is hard for me to comprehend. That’s an unfathomable argument

Reactions: SKYDOG
alot of guys talking stats here, got to look at big plays and TO's, watched an earlier game this year psu at wisky, psu was on the field for 90 plays and wisky had the stats on their side and didn't win the game.
Yeah but at face value how can you not be happy with 434 offensive yards? I know it’s a stretch congratulating this team on a good effort in a loss but I won’t absolutely give up on them lol. Nobody who’s followed this team would expect a clean game from O’Connell, we will have turnovers, but the added challenge is for us to find a way to overcome those expected mistakes. I’m just highlighting that we’ve overcome some of offensive woes in previous games (not aggressive enough offensively) and lost in a new, maybe expected way.

Good job offense, good job defense. Better luck next week.

Reactions: BBG
Yeah but at face value how can you not be happy with 434 offensive yards? I know it’s a stretch congratulating this team on a good effort in a loss but I won’t absolutely give up on them lol. Nobody who’s followed this team would expect a clean game from O’Connell, we will have turnovers, but the added challenge is for us to find a way to overcome those expected mistakes. I’m just highlighting that we’ve overcome some of offensive woes in previous games (not aggressive enough offensively) and lost in a new, maybe expected way.

Good job offense, good job defense. Better luck next week.
have a bye week they'll be watching the iowa - psu game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT