ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota v. Purdue Game Thread

Perhaps we took David Blough and Elijah Sindelar for granted because they were holdovers from the dark times. We haven’t seen steady QB play since their departures. What’s really crazy to me is that this staff couldn’t go out and get a QB aching for the chance to throw for 500 yards like Sindelar to a receiving corps of Moore, Bell, Wright, etc. Plummer, a D3 walk on and a guy who started at TE today were the only quarterbacks that were sold on the Brohm system? Something doesn’t add up.
Hazell was supposed to recruit the guy between sindelar and plummer … kind of like when the 17 season ended and we suddenly had no DL. Or 18 when we suddenly had no OL

when are we going to see all those 8-9 win seasons all the fans on this board guaranteed / predicted 4 years ago? i was accused by a fan recently of always being down on purdue. I'm not down on Purdue. I LOVE Purdue. Although I love academics more than athletics. I'm not down down on purdue sports either. I just believe track and baseball and golf and vollyball and crew are as important as the revenue generating sports.

What I'm down on is many of its fans who are always too optimistic rather than being realistic. what i'm also down on is a newcomer asking a question on this board and 10-20 of yo u getting all over his case for asking the question in the first place. Do yo u really expect every purdue fan to read every single post onthis board before posing a simple question? if you didn't like the question, just move on. You don't have to harass the person for asking it.

and it's rather funny to read certain people's posts who use 20-25 posts to argue about vacines and then say, I'm not arguing. You label people who disagree with you as cults. I guess the term snowflake was so last year.

I was never a fan of hope's coaching ability. i just liked the amount he was paid. We could have kept hope indefinitely, gotten the exact same results, and put the coach's salary towards purdue infastructure improvements.
You're down on fans being too optimistic about their team? Fvck off dude.

You said nine wins “per season.”

those were good matchups.. none of the teams you mentioned were able to get physical with his lines except Iowa.. who for some reason let’s brohm pass on them all day.

look at the Minnesota and Michigan state games following the Ohio state game. Those are bad matchups for brohm.

also, I now fully understand the hazell issue. Hazell didn’t leave bad seniors and even left some seniors for 18 who could play. The issue was that as he lost legitimacy recruiting fell off the edge.. so that so many players who should have been the next guy in in 2019, 2020 and even this year just weren’t there.

he has fixed the defense. He has to fix the offense this off-season.. like full makeover of the OL. I don’t know if callaway is a problem just like Williams obviously was but brohm has to figure it out.

about 3 days before the season started I suddenly felt great about the defense and posted here that I did.. and that the only thing that could implode a good season was the OL. I fear I may be right.
Agree nine wins per season is probably too high of an expectation for our program. But a baseline of 6-7 with upside to occasional 9-10 if most everything goes right is all I'm looking for. Right now it feels like 99.9% we will never win more than 7 under JB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT