ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Two turned over calls. Two shitty field goal misses and we lose! Really embarrassing knowing we were playing against 61 scholarship players due to COVID and we still crapped our pants.

Reactions: purduepat1969
what a ratburger of an ending. fleck what a moron going for it on 4th to give us the chance. rowing the shortboat with crooked refs.

We have a legitimate complaint on that PI call. But it doesn't excuse the abysmal defense we saw tonight. I'm sure there's pressure on him, but Poindexter should really be questioned on the performance of his secondary this year. In fact, it been abysmal his entire tenure.

MN still has Purdue’s number and we had to play 11 players plus a referee on the take.
Make the high school field goal attempts and we wouldn’t be talking about the crappy referee that is on the take.

MN still has Purdue’s number and we had to play 11 players plus a referee on the take.
What’s really sad.. Fleck may have made the worst decision I’ve ever seen by going for it deep in his own territory on 4th down. Not to be results oriented, but the fact his defense (that he apparently had negative faith in) stopped us within those 35 yards or so makes it that much worse. What an idiot.

What’s really sad.. Fleck may have made the worst decision I’ve ever seen by going for it deep in his own territory on 4th down. Not to be results oriented, but the fact his defense (that he apparently had negative faith in) stopped us within those 35 yards or so makes it that much worse. What an idiot.
PJ looks brilliant against PU and Brohm so far in results.

probably a Minn resident

You betcha.....yeah.

tenor.gif

probably a Minn resident

You betcha.....yeah.

tenor.gif

From other articles I’ve read online, they believe they know the officials name (first name is Matt). Lives in Minneapolis area. Works less than 5 miles from the stadium. His dad was a long time ref, ref’d 2 Superbowls, who was born and raised in Minnesota. Matt’s sister also has Minnesota NHL connections. Matt played receiver in a small college in Minnesota.

Something I found interesting is years ago, Matt ref’d Minnesota’s spring game.

All that being said, while his intentions might have been good, there seems to be a lot of ties to Minnesota. Might be best served to do like court judges and recuse themselves so when things like this happen, people don’t question intent.

Regardless, Purdue still had another chance, but I think Plummer was rattled those last two drives. I felt like he was a different QB. I think he went 6-10. I also wonder why there was some bobbled snaps. Bell bailed him out on an interception strip before that and don’t forget that defensive PI call in the end zone that went our way to get us a first down and eventually TD.

Hate to see the penalty, but can’t change it.

Brohm should be going ape shit. Ref just threw the game. ****ing NW DBs mugged us for an entire game.

this is what I want to hear more of

how does that game happen against northwestern and then THAT CALL happen on Durham in the span Of a week.

literally 1920s football to 2020s “do we need to ban football” in the span of 6 days. SiX days!

You never let your team put themselves in a position for a call to make a difference. Dropped passes, missed blocks (a ton), penalties....all caused this loss before that one horrible call.

by the way did you notice that Seth green has done that bs to us for three years and Marvin grant came in and said “uh, yeah, I’m not those guys from the last three years..” and downed him like he was a pedestrian

You never let your team put themselves in a position for a call to make a difference. Dropped passes, missed blocks (a ton), penalties....all caused this loss before that one horrible call.
Such a self loathing take. What you are basically saying is that you have to win every game by multiple scores and never make mistakes. I bet if the roles were reversed you’d be saying we didn’t deserve the win.

but how do you win throughout the game. Apparently you have to fight harder for passes, except you better not fight at all because offensive PI?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT