ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota- Purdue Game Discussion Thread

Looked more like a hyper extension to moore....at least I'm hoping

Yes, which would maybe be a sprain and a two to four week recovery?

You just never know......hate to see anyone go down. With the new red-shirt rules, if it ends his season, he may be able to retain the year of eligibility, but I'm not totally sure......hate having to even think of that.

Boilers are getting grad level experience with dealing with adversity. A few have to step up and make some plays.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Why do we make the average guy look like an All-American? Could we please stop Morgan, he almost had a career high in yardage in the first half.

Reactions: NVboiler
There’s no excuse for how awful this defense has been. None. I don’t care about injuries, youth, whatever...I’ve seen high school teams play better fundamental pass defense.

The back 7 are utterly lost. Out of position and making mis-steps every play.
It’s truly tough to watch.
I am kinda liking the offense...oh wait. Just saw the bad pick. Never mind.

There’s no excuse for how awful this defense has been. None. I don’t care about injuries, youth, whatever...I’ve seen high school teams play better fundamental pass defense.

Purdue is a D1 team. There is absolutely zero excuse for this performance at home. We have two injuries on D. That's it...

Offense has to do more because the defense keeps giving up huge gains and points. So I see why Brohm wanted to keep trying to score.

We are "stuck" with this defense until we get some key players back and get to the offseason and change things. Whatever that ends up needing to be.

Who is our backup QB? I don't see Plummer lasting the rest of the season behind this line.

I hate to say this but maybe Sindelar should give up football. I want him to be able to walk and not be in daily pain by the time he is forty.

Good Lord. The fundamentals of the secondary are just horrible.

It'll be interesting listening to Stu on 1450 The Hammer break this down Monday afternoon. I know the secondary is young, but they are getting whipped out there.

I don't even know what to say it's so bad. Injuries, no pass defense, bonehead plays.

The offense has the most injuries and they keep battling. The defense is nothing more than a complete and utter embarrassment for a D1 level team. They've had two meaningful injuries, with one happening prior to the start of the season. They cannot use injuries as an excuse for being this bad. It's absolutely clear Holt has no idea what he's doing when he continues to play his son at MLB.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I don’t really have a problem with the pass play at the end of the half. The receiver was open. Who knows, maybe he would have broken it. Sometimes you have to expect your quarterback to make a play, like hit a wide open receiver 10 yards away.

Offense has to do more because the defense keeps giving up huge gains and points. So I see why Brohm wanted to keep trying to score.

We are "stuck" with this defense until we get some key players back and get to the offseason and change things. Whatever that ends up needing to be.

This isn't an injury issue. This is a coaching and preparation issue.

I don't understand this D plan. Minnesota hasn't proven they can run the ball against anyone. And we're committing to the run on every play. Is Holt that dense????
The coach didn’t just become bad this year. It’s the massive number of young players on the field. All it takes is a player making an error or hesitation and the whole defense is compromised. We have about 6 or 7 every play doing it.

The coach didn’t just become bad this year. It’s the massive number of young players on the field. All it takes is a player making an error or hesitation and the whole defense is compromised. We have about 6 or 7 every play doing it.

No, he was bad last year as well. He's still living off of the first year when he had a relatively talented D.

Injuries most certainly are impacting things because the two we have out were vital to this defense. But coaching hasn't prepared the team and we have no depth.

Holt is terrible. The adjustment you make is taking him out and playing Barnes in his place. He is getting burned on the slant EVERY pass play.

The offense has the most injuries and they keep battling. The defense is nothing more than a complete and utter embarrassment for a D1 level team. They've had two meaningful injuries, with one happening prior to the start of the season. They cannot use injuries as an excuse for being this bad. It's absolutely clear Holt has no idea what he's doing when he continues to play his son at MLB.
We have no push from the middle front. We have a middle LB that is not BT caliber. George needs help on the other end, which won't come until next year. Our secondary is still young, so they need help from the line, which is not happening. We are missing Bailey and Neal. It is the perfect storm right now.

The injuries are huge on defense even if there are just 2. Not only are they the best and most experienced, but they are also the anchors of their individual units.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT