ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota- Purdue Game Discussion Thread

That is what I said. You win when you have experienced/talented players. When you don’t...this happens.

You're completely missing my point. There is NO way a more experienced D for Georgia Southern or South Dakota St should be able to outperform a Big Ten defense, if that's what you want to call us. I don't care how young this team is.

Oh, so Georgia Southern and South Dakota State are 'older', so that's why they performed better than Purdue's D??
I don’t know their rosters or what you are trying to say those teams have to do with Purdue but if they are winning that would be my guess. Very young teams just don’t win much football.

Do you believe when a MB or LN are playing they’re only affecting the person their defending? There’s a symbiosis that happens on the field that is missing when a superior player is swapped out for an inferior one.

Oh, I guess that wide receiver being wide open on that last play with no safety help was "injuries", right????

You're completely missing my point. There is NO way a more experienced D for Georgia Southern or South Dakota St should be able to outperform a Big Ten defense, if that's what you want to call us. I don't care how young this team is.
It'd be one thing even if we were losing marginally, but we're essentially getting blown out. The deep throws minny has been doing have been open all day long with zero adjustments.

I don’t know their rosters or what you are trying to say those teams have to do with Purdue but if they are winning that would be my guess. Very young teams just don’t win much football.

Give me a break. Keep making excuses. BTW, they were the same teams that didn't give 37 points up to Minny at home.

You are assuming that Minnesota has not improved offensively and yes an experienced team of lesser physical talent can play better than a young team that will later be better.

Oh, I guess that wide receiver being wide open on that last play with no safety help was "injuries", right????
You go ahead and be mad. Team chemistry is completely upside down. We’ve had devastating injuries that a marginal team to begin with is hard pressed to recover from. My advice: enjoy watching the young guys get built up in this learning season. Your stress level will abate immensely.

Give me a break. Keep making excuses. BTW, they were the same teams that didn't give 37 points up to Minny at home.
So was the Purdue defense two seasons back with this same staff that had lots of seniors just an accidentally successful squad. It’s not an excuse. It’s just the current make up of the team. I’m not enjoying it but I’m not losing my mind either. Take deep breath.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
So was the Purdue defense two seasons back with this same staff that had lots of seniors just an accidentally successful squad. It’s not an excuse. It’s just the current make up of the team. I’m not enjoying it but I’m not losing my mind either. Take deep breath.

No, but Holt is making ZERO adjustments based on who he has. And you can't argue playing his overmatched son is a bad look.

No, but Holt is making ZERO adjustments based on who he has. And you can't argue playing his overmatched son is a bad look.
Holt is dealt a hand with a couple aces and some face and number cards. Has to turn in his two aces and gets a couple number cards back. Now win! How? Bluff?

I will agree that the line backing is not great. I don’t see practices to know if there is a better option. I will assume not as opposed to assuming nepotism but I could be wrong.
I do know that we entered the year with a thin D line and line backing core and that has only gotten worse. It’s going to be a rough year.

Offense is giving me some hope for the rest of the season. Not going to win enough for a bowl game, but the fight is there and Plummer for the most part has looked pretty good.

Agree. The offense is clearly fighting.

Offense is giving me some hope for the rest of the season. Not going to win enough for a bowl game, but the fight is there and Plummer for the most part has looked pretty good.

I think one of the best takeaways from today's game has been Jack's growth. He was throwing off his back leg a ton the first few series today after never really being able to get comfortable against TCU. He's made some mistakes today, but he's been stepping into throws much of the 2nd half, seems more relaxed, and has been able to execute some plays.

Reactions: Dakota Girl and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT