ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan v Ohio State Game

Jan 12, 2004
Rumor and innuendo has it that Michigan is going to cancel the game and blame COVID just to screw Ohio State out of the Big Ten Championship game and possibly the CFP. That would be the ultimate f you to O$U

Reactions: ChuckJr
I predict either way , it will be harbaugh's last game as Michigan's head coach. he has never beaten OSU. if he wins, he goes out a winner. if he loses, he will be fired that night. if they don't play the game, there will be no bowl game for Michigan, and he won't return.

I could totally see that happening.

I could also see Ohio State successfully lobbying the commissioner to allow them an exemption to the 6 game rule if they are 2 games head of the 2nd place team. The B10 will bend their ill conceived Covid season rules to get a team in the CFP.

Didn't the BIG 10 already bend their COVID rules allowing Minnesota to play Purdue when they admitted to having at least 22 players on their roster with COVID ?

Rumor and innuendo has it that Michigan is going to cancel the game and blame COVID just to screw Ohio State out of the Big Ten Championship game and possibly the CFP. That would be the ultimate f you to O$U
I think that's all it is. Remember that UM would lose out financially if O$U doesn't go to the playoff. Another poster and I came up with the exact same thought, and then Herbstreit brought it up on the Top 25 show last night. Then he had to walk it back and apologize to UM.

If the game can be played it will. This weekend against Michigan State could be another story though.

If UM backs out against OSU, then we suddenly have a COVID outbreak right before we play IU to keep OSU within the requisite number of games and prevent IU from backing into the B1G Championship game.

I'm only partly kidding....

Reactions: fred rerun berry
The OSU and Michigan football rivalry hasn’t been a rivalry in years. Just like the IU/Purdue basketball games haven’t been a rivalry for years now either.

Only way Harbaugh keeps from losing to them yet again.

It is not a "f you" as you suggest as much as Harbaugh showing yet again what an a$$ he really is...part of the process of being one apparently in that he is so concerned about "the process" rather than any actual/tangible results.

Didn't the BIG 10 already bend their COVID rules allowing Minnesota to play Purdue when they admitted to having at least 22 players on their roster with COVID ?

MN did not have 22 players out due to Covid. Yes, there were some players with Covid out, but not 22. The 22 included coaches and hurt players.

Reactions: SKYDOG
No. And no one ever got a list of those players. It was some PJ BS that everyone jumped on. They were without 1 starter (CB). This is multiple times that you’ve stated that. In a previous post you mentioned Purdue being beat by a short handed bad Minnesota team. Yet you , or no one else can show us anyone that was a regular missing that game again a except a starting CB and backup DE. You are eating up the PJ nonsesne and ran with it like the media. No one ever stopped to ask him , who was missing because of COVID. They then canceled their next 2 games, because they are having a bad season. The BIG should be the one in charge of who plays and who doesn’t. Leaving it to the schools is more BIG nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT