ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State v. Purdue (BTT Semi-Final Game Thread)

point-nod.gif

images

Hail Purdue! On to the Championship we go!

Hope this win locks up a 2 seed over Wisconsin in the big dance. Honestly looking at what Lunardi had this morning, I would totally take a 2 seed out west with Tennessee as the 3 seed and Gonzaga as the 1. We get the first two games in Indy anyway. I want no part of Kentucky/Kansas even if it means a practical home game for the Zags in the elite 8 game.

Or turning it over
it wasn't just Trevion making bad passes. Trevion turned it over and several players just eliminated good shots by not having pride in passing. Passing at the knees allows for more opportunity to have mechanic issues if shot and many times delays the shot where it is no longer there.

Great win.

Hunter has made a turnaround beyond my wildest dreams.

Minimizing turnovers, hitting shots with confidence, finishing at the rim. Solid.

I know Newman’s shot wasn’t falling, but his activity level/presence was felt on both ends.

If Purdue plays defense like it did in the first half, it can beat anyone.

Last edited:
Great win.

Hunter has made a turnaround beyond my wildest dreams.

Minimizing turnovers, hitting shots with confidence, finishing at the rim. Solid.

I know Newman’s shot wasn’t falling, but his activity level and presence was felt on both ends.

If Purdue plays defense like it did in the first half, it can beat anyone.

8 less turnovers than the reg. season game (9)

7 more 3-pt FG's (8/24)

9+ edge on the glass....only committed 9 fouls for the game to Michigan State's 21. This was a good physical win for the Boilers.....a little too close for comfort but solid nonetheless.

Hope this win locks up a 2 seed over Wisconsin in the big dance. Honestly looking at what Lunardi had this morning, I would totally take a 2 seed out west with Tennessee as the 3 seed and Gonzaga as the 1. We get the first two games in Indy anyway. I want no part of Kentucky/Kansas even if it means a practical home game for the Zags in the elite 8 game.
I've mentioned here a couple of times I could see them placing Tenn in our bracket. I've seen this in the past where there was a close football game between the 2 schools and they match them up in the Dance.

It's always fun to read what your opponent's fan boys have to say about the game. Right now the MSU boys on 24-7 are clinging to: 1. The refs favored Purdue (25-6 foul calls) because ??? various reasons. 2. Williams was throwing their players down to the floor when they went under the basket. 3. The "Giant" traveled every time he got the ball after being in the paint 6-7 seconds.

Of course some of them were telling everyone that they would have used a far different substitution pattern than Izzo and that he doesn't know what he is doing. Yep, really!

:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT