ADVERTISEMENT

Marcellus Moore in transfer portal

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
2020 3-star WR Marcellus Moore has entered the transfer portal after playing in 4 games at Purdue; had one reception and one rush attempt this season @rivalsmike @TomDienhart1 @GoldandBlackcom

Definitely more damaging to the track team than the football team. He seems to be really successful on the track, so I’m pretty surprised he’s entering the portal instead of just leaving football and focusing on track.

Last edited:
Random, unrelated question...

If a player enters the portal during fall semester does his scholarship still carry over to spring?

If a player enters the portal during fall semester does his scholarship still carry over to spring?
Entering the portal is literally just that. You put your name in to let other schools and coaches know you are interested in transferring.
It’s nothing official as far as scholarships/eligibility/anything with the NCAA is concerned. Until he is off the roster/leaves school/etc. he can still be on the team and even play games.

Again, being in the portal means your name is in the portal. That’s it.

Now, doing that could get you booted from the team, scholarships revoked, etc. but that’s all up to the coach and NCAA procedure.

speaking of the portal, wonder if we had any interest on that 4 star OL ( Rumler) from Mich.

Definitely more damaging to the track team than the football team. He seems to be really successful on the track, so I’m pretty surprised he’s entering the portal instead of just leaving football and focusing on track.
Hard to imagine that he could not contribute on Special Teams.

As far as transferring, if indeed his future is with Track, not hard to imagine there being some better opportunities for him around the country.

As far as transferring, if indeed his future is with Track, not hard to imagine there being some better opportunities for him around the country.
He had trouble catching kickoffs and was hesitant when running into traffic

It certainly would be interesting (although moot now since he removed his name). His scholarship would count towards football and not track. So if he did leave, one of those better track programs would have to coincide with a football program that would be willing to offer him a scholarship. That would probably limit his options quite a bit. That's why I think it would be weird to enter the portal instead of just giving up football and pursuing a track scholarship elsewhere if he wanted to leave Purdue.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Probably just clicked on the wrong box.

I once obtained Portuguese citizenship while renewing my license with the BMV in a similar situation.

That was a mess.

not sure if joking or not…

but when i lived in lafayette, i went to have my license renewed. i was asked if there was anything i wanted/needed to change on the license. i said “yeah, i’d like to be about 6’ 5” and around 190 lbs.”

now, i am nowhere near that - ‘if you are born into a family of munchkins, you’re doomed to be a munchkin’

when i got my license, i was now 6’ 5”, 190 lbs.
just shook my head and walked out

….thankfully, i never got pulled over and had to try to explain that

He's only a true sophomore (correct me if I'm wrong). He just needs to be patient and he'll get his chance. Hopefully he stays. Going to be a bit awkward going to practice.

Reactions: purduepat1969
He had trouble catching kickoffs and was hesitant when running into traffic
Yeah, I should have phrased that differently, in that I was kind of getting at your point...he seems like a guy very capable of having an impact on Special Teams/in the return game...and, I would guess that the staff felt the same, but, he unfortunately did not have an impact.

It is ashamed that ball security "appeared" to be an issue. With his speed, he could have been a reall change of pace RB outside the tackles. I'm sure they tried different looks in practice, yet it never transitioned to the field.
Good luck to him in track wherever that might be.

not sure if joking or not…

but when i lived in lafayette, i went to have my license renewed. i was asked if there was anything i wanted/needed to change on the license. i said “yeah, i’d like to be about 6’ 5” and around 190 lbs.”

now, i am nowhere near that - ‘if you are born into a family of munchkins, you’re doomed to be a munchkin’

when i got my license, i was now 6’ 5”, 190 lbs.
just shook my head and walked out

….thankfully, i never got pulled over and had to try to explain that
We used to go to the DMV in Lafayette with a Purdue ID (with the lamination peeled back, your picture put in and then ironed/resealed), maybe a birth cert or something else with a birthdate and walk out with an actual IN drivers license with your picture. Greatest fake ID ever.

Reactions: pboiler18
This was always a highly speculative pick up to me. Obvious world class speed. Was what, 10th or 11th at US Olympic trials in the 100.
Obviously you want guys like this to work out but sometimes they love track more and don’t wanna get hit.
Mostert was a FB player running track. This guy is a runner trying to play football. No Ill feelings. Good luck to him.

My friend had a vasectomy that didnt take. The story of how incompetent the doctor was is one of the funniest thing ive ever heard.
An acquaintance of mine was nearly 35 and living tge biker lifestyle. He'd been clipped so he wouldn't get any unexpected news. Met a biker chick in her mid-20s that wanted to settle down and have a family. Went to extremes to get the snip job surgically reversed. Last I heard he's settled and is the proud father of two daughters and sold the bike and built a house on the Tippy.

Last edited:
An acquaintance of mine was nearly 35 and living tge biker lifestyle. He'd been clipped so he wouldn't get any unexpected news. Met a biker chicken in her mid-20s that wanted to settle down and have a family. Went to extremes to get the snip job surgically reversed. Last I heard he's settled and is the proud father of two daughters and sold the bike and built a house on the Tippy.
I've heard conflicting reports on the reversibility of the procedure. Might want to get a dna test on those kids.

Mostert 2.0? tic

Unfortunately not every track guy is Larry Burton.

Here it is:

businessman-shows-concept-hologram-portal-260nw-1088665313.jpg

An acquaintance of mine was nearly 35 and living tge biker lifestyle. He'd been clipped so he wouldn't get any unexpected news. Met a biker chicken in her mid-20s that wanted to settle down and have a family. Went to extremes to get the snip job surgically reversed. Last I heard he's settled and is the proud father of two daughters and sold the bike and built a house on the Tippy.
Gotta love those Biker 🐔 Chickens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT