ADVERTISEMENT

ND and Zionsville native Joey Tanona in portal

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
6'5 290 OL 4 star who has missed the last 2 seasons from being in a car accident and was medically retired. He entered the portal and wants to restart his football career. Anyone here know of him?

Speaking of Offensive linemen
Checked out this rivals main page
JUCO from Miss. throughly impressed with his Purdue visit. 6’7” 350
🚂 Get on board!

Edit: Jaekwon Bouldin

Last edited:
The name is familiar back when he was being recruited out of high school, but he is the kind of OL talent that Purdue can never beat out teams like ND, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. for. If he feels like he's ready to get back to football and has been preparing over the last year, would be an excellent risk/reward player to take a shot at on talent alone..

The name is familiar back when he was being recruited out of high school, but he is the kind of OL talent that Purdue can never beat out teams like ND, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. for. If he feels like he's ready to get back to football and has been preparing over the last year, would be an excellent risk/reward player to take a shot at on talent alone..
that's what I was thinking

Speaking of Offensive linemen
Checked out this rivals main page
JUCO from Miss. throughly impressed with his Purdue visit. 6’7” 350
🚂 Get on board!

Edit: Jaekwon Bouldin
hope we get him, at least we are in the finalist for him

looks like we got him

Reactions: z_one and tenwest
Is this barrier real that Purdue can't recruit talented line players or is this just a mind set due to the fact that our program has not emphasized it. Young, Tiller and for that matter Colleto did pretty well recruiting/developing good lines.....

Last edited:
Is his barrier real that Purdue can't recruit talented line players or is this just a mind set due to the fact that our program has not emphasized it. Young, Tiller and for that matter Colleto did pretty well recruiting/developing good lines.....
he said he was looking forward to playing w/ Gus again, if he will not be ready till 25, Gus will be gone by then. Coach does have 5 OL's in this yrs class and I'm sure some will be coming in the portal for sure, maybe land one this weekend

he said he was looking forward to playing w/ Gus again, if he will not be ready till 25, Gus will be gone by then. Coach does have 5 OL's in this yrs class and I'm sure some will be coming in the portal for sure, maybe land one this weekend
That would be great. I remember the day that Brandon Gorin took the practice field as a Freshman. Folks knew then that a new sheriff was in town!!

Hopefully our best offensive line recruit is not a guy that’s been injured for two years and still hasn’t been medically cleared to play. On the other hand, if he thinks he’ll be ready by next season, then you definitely have to give him a shot.

An interesting story! It may take him a year to get back into shape and be physically ready to play. I’m not sure if he actually has a red shirt year or could apply for one due to his previous injury. On the plus side when/if healthy, this is the type of Purdue needs to recruit.

We were probably one of few schools willing to take a chance to allow him to come to our school to rehab. He may never be physically able to play, or he may be a shell of what he once was.

He’s definitely a high ceiling player. And worth the risk. If he arrives in January, who knows, he could be ready and actually play this year. It’s been over a year since his accident

I see it as a win win situation. If nothing else he will be coming to Purdue and receiving an education. And basically a free physical rehabilitation and reconditioning recovery! And who knows, he could actually end up playing for us.

I’m going to go out on a limb. And say that if Purdue spends the time and energy on his rehab to get him back into shape, he will likely return the loyalty and remain at Purdue all 4 years rather than using us to rehab and then transferring to a better school.

Who knows? There’s very little risk and a potential big reward! Purdue basketball has a long history of recruiting players who were highly rated and then had injuries and were able to use Purdue training facilities to get back on track. Didn’t Tre and Heide both have injuries and came back to contribute?

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT