ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Crystal Ball

Why do these IU b&%tards keep coming on here and hijacking the threads on this board?

Because they have nothing football related worthy of discussion on their own site. Imagine if we had to wait for baseball to start before we would feel confident we would see our school win in any sport... we might troll other sites also to relieve boredom.

Just an on topic update - he tweeted he will have a top 5 list out this weekend.

I think it will be Purdue, MSU, Oregon, Illinois, and Kansas.

I think that is right from what I have read on who has been recruiting him the hardest, but maybe swap Oklahoma for Illinois. Iowa might sneak in too.

I hate that MSU is in this now, but we have at least had some recent sussess with them in getting Swanigan and Eastern.

Why do these IU b&%tards keep coming on here and hijacking the threads on this board?

No joke. I got a laugh a few pages back when one of the IU fans called Mathboy a "troll" on a Purdue board in a thread that is supposed to be about a recruit IU has not offered. Figure that one out. They are looking to start arguments.

I think Oregon, Purdue, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa

Texas, Michigan State, and Villanova are other possibilities I believe

No joke. I got a laugh a few pages back when one of the IU fans called Mathboy a "troll" on a Purdue board in a thread that is supposed to be about a recruit IU has not offered. Figure that one out. They are looking to start arguments.
I often wonder the same thing. They only come here looking to stir up trouble and derail threads.

I really wish the mods here would just start purging them as we have enough Purdue fans that turn threads in to bickering matches and don't need IU fans making it worse.

Iu's center is Morgan right now. Smith or hunter or Anderson has to play the 4. They can't guard the 2 or3. Hell, nobody on iu's team can guard anybody, so I guess positions don't matter for them . Why are we talking iu basketball, they are going to suck again this year

Iu's center is Morgan right now. Smith or hunter or Anderson has to play the 4. They can't guard the 2 or3. Hell, nobody on iu's team can guard anybody, so I guess positions don't matter for them . Why are we talking iu basketball, they are going to suck again this year

Good question....why ARE you talking about IU? This thread was back on track talking about Malik Hall until you posted. And what you posted is nearly a copy of what you run around this board posting on multiple threads, trying to prove something I guess. Or get affirmation? Not sure.

Sir you are most welcome. I no I’ve been told on many occasions this is not a place for a parent to be on this site and I can agree to a certain extent bcuz as a parent it’s really hard to control any emotions when some say things good or bad opinions or comments about your child and try to keep your emotions in check. I’ll admit I may not have handled some of the comments in a good way but I think I’ve gotten better over time. I no I cannot respond to everything that has been said or will be said about my son and I can assure you im gonna have to dial it down to keep the peace moving forward. I mean no harm I’m a good person that loves basketball and watching my son play and I’ll admit it was an adjustment for me and my son last season him not playing as much and me not seeing him play as much. It took its toll on my son mentally and messed with his confidence why his shooting and FTs suffered. He’s a hellava kid that is great with kids of all ages and I’m a person who was approached on several occasions last season from a few on this site I met who all gave me some advice about this site but all were kind and easy to talk too that I enjoyed the conversation we shared. He’s mentally ready his confidence is back his shooting is back he’s making FTs he has put in a lot I mean a lot of work this off season to not just better himself but knowing what this team lost due to either transfer or seniors leaving he knows he must take a big step forward to be one of the players that helps this team win games. I hear the reference sophomore jump a lot on this site or in general but to me his sophomore jump is playing more than 12 min a game which adds up to more production offensively especially. I’ll end with this my son didn’t forget how to play basketball in HS whether on the AAU or Nike circuit which he played against many of the lottery picks from this past draft including Romeo he also received invitation 3 times to USA U16/17 tryouts and was a finalist For the U17 final 18 man roster spot but ultimately didn’t make the 12 man roster spot. 18 years I watched my become a mismatch problem. Teams had no answer for him when you have a player that could pass score shoot rebound defend every position put his teammates in position to score was a facilitator the team leader bcuz of his play making abilities he still is a hard player to matchup with bcuz of his size. He left Evanston as the all time leading scorer, assists and rebounding in school history. He left his legacy there in every statical category he didn’t forget how to play basketball he’s more than what many saw this past season. His time has come now he waited his turn and now he’s ready to show what he has to offer to a team that will need more production from there returning players which I believe all are ready to step up to that plate. I can’t wait for season either Purdue may be a sleeper in the beginning of the season but Purdue won’t be slept on when big 10 play begins.
Nicely done.

5 star post.

Good question....why ARE you talking about IU? This thread was back on track talking about Malik Hall until you posted. And what you posted is nearly a copy of what you run around this board posting on multiple threads, trying to prove something I guess. Or get affirmation? Not sure.

Good grief. I cannot understand why you guys have to do this.

Unless this is a huge head fake, I would say Purdue is way out in front. I could go as far to say by his picture it’s obvious. Stranger things have happened we shal see

MSU is probably on there because of proximity but I like our chances above everyone else! Now, just become a Boiler!

But I like being front and center on his “list”.

I think us being there from the beginning and close to home help us.

Time for Painter to close
I doubt being front and center really means anything.

Not gonna lie, as an MSU fan, I was a tad surprised we made the list. Offered pretty late, but I guess we made a strong push, at least stronger than Iowa, Kansas, and others.

I doubt being front and center really means anything.

Not gonna lie, as an MSU fan, I was a tad surprised we made the list. Offered pretty late, but I guess we made a strong push, at least stronger than Iowa, Kansas, and others.
I’m sure Izzo fired up the tear factory (TIC).

I wasn’t surprised about Kansas because they seemed to be after Jeremiah Robinson Earl and more likely to get him.

Reactions: KisteK
To me the most telling story of the tweets were the quick response from Isaiah, Eric and more ! I love the fact these guy's are pro active NOW to make Purdue better . They have been recruiting not only Malik but Keion and Armaan as well . Props to all of the Purdue fans who have came out in support as well .

It's no more a reach than saying Eastern was going to be a PG prior to last season. He showed he could do it.

Worst case scenario, those guys cant play the 2, and that means Green, Durham, RP, and a freshman guard have to lock down those two spots (I would have no problem with that either). Then guys like Moore (likely gone after this year), Forrester, and Andersen dont get much PT. Fine by me, because we still have elite players that would actually be playing. If anything were to happen to one of those players, then those 3 I mentioned are very capable of stepping in (maybe not Moore). No team is going to go 11, 12, or 13 deep. There will always be 3 or 4 scholarship players that wont play very much (unless a team chooses only to go with 10 scholarship players like Purdue is this year).

The guys that I mentioned could play the 2 are not PF types. They are SF. I'm extremely confident Brooks could play the 2. Andersen isn't a great dribbler, so he would have to be paired with a PG with great ball handling skills (green or RP). Hunter is I believe the stretch to succeed at the 2, but archie insists he will try. Either way, the lineup below is lethal on paper.

Green/RP
Brooks/Durham
Hunter/Andersen
Smith/Thompson
TJD/Davis

Not included:
Freshman guard
Moore
Forrester
Interesting that this whole conversation hasn’t included Phinisee who many IU fans have said will be a starter from Day 1

Reactions: Neildouglass
I like the fact Kansas is out. I believe he added MSU to his final 5 to make his picture look good. It's kind of like me saying to my high school friends I was accepted to Purdue, UW, and Northwestern. It's funny, of the three, UW was the closest, all my friends were going there, and I had visited there a lot and was born in Madison, but was so familiar with the school, I never took an official visit there. I really liked Northwestern, but ultimately chose Purdue because they offered me a spot in the Glee Club. And with the financial scholarships offered, it was actually the cheapest of the three.

Interesting that this whole conversation hasn’t included Phinisee who many IU fans have said will be a starter from Day 1
I think most of the Phinisee day 1 starter talk ended when Romeo committed. If Romeo didnt pick IU, RP would likely have started PG with Green at the 2.

He's not going to start (Green's had a great summer), but word right now is that he has been the 2nd most impressive of the freshmen (and has really surprised) so far. He is thought to be second in terms of freshmen minutes if the season started today.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Why are we talking about fn IU again, and not Malik Hall. I don't care about Phinise.
This like 1000 times.

Please people, the trolls come here when we talk about IU, there is no reason to talk about them here because they are irrelevant. Let's ban all IU chat and ignore the peegies when they come here and start threads.

WHOS WITH ME???

All of these prognostication services have hurt me before so until it's "official", I am tempering my expectations.

It's kinda like dating someone who promises to put out Friday night, but only to find out they didn't mean with you.

Personally, I don't know what that's like...but, I'll take your word for it, that it sucks...
And, I hope we get Hall too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT