ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Crystal Ball

Well, that explains... a lot. I think playing some ogf those guys at the 2 position might be a reach.

In today's game, putting a PF type into the 3 position can result in a slow playing, slow reacting team. All I can say is good luck with that. The Purdue fan in me says "Please keep recruiting those PF types. AKA Mike Davis"..
It's no more a reach than saying Eastern was going to be a PG prior to last season. He showed he could do it.

Worst case scenario, those guys cant play the 2, and that means Green, Durham, RP, and a freshman guard have to lock down those two spots (I would have no problem with that either). Then guys like Moore (likely gone after this year), Forrester, and Andersen dont get much PT. Fine by me, because we still have elite players that would actually be playing. If anything were to happen to one of those players, then those 3 I mentioned are very capable of stepping in (maybe not Moore). No team is going to go 11, 12, or 13 deep. There will always be 3 or 4 scholarship players that wont play very much (unless a team chooses only to go with 10 scholarship players like Purdue is this year).

The guys that I mentioned could play the 2 are not PF types. They are SF. I'm extremely confident Brooks could play the 2. Andersen isn't a great dribbler, so he would have to be paired with a PG with great ball handling skills (green or RP). Hunter is I believe the stretch to succeed at the 2, but archie insists he will try. Either way, the lineup below is lethal on paper.

Green/RP
Brooks/Durham
Hunter/Andersen
Smith/Thompson
TJD/Davis

Not included:
Freshman guard
Moore
Forrester

not addressing the 3, but when I read Brian's comments and saw Tre guarding Dow...I wondered "IF" Dow or Haarms could guard a 4 "if needed" and Tre guard the 5 on D and switch on O. We know Tre is 1) heavy (no doubt a bit slow) 2) skilled.

Can Purdue use his skill and hide his slowness... at least with some teams? None if this I know as I haven't seen him or others in action. However, Tre does seem skilled, goes after the rebounds on D and appears to have a big enough body to play physical inside...all soem desirable things on Offense. Can you hide his lack of quickness on D and get his O for a few minutes a game? Keep the space he must defend smaller and give him enough space on O to use his versatility? I have no idea, but would like to see a report from Brian on that?
interesting take on Williams. He is skilled, and has the same kind of aggressive drive under the basket that Biggie had. Maybe it's me, but watching his high school tapes, I saw Williams make very quick moves in the post. Maybe he is slower getting down the court, but once in place he seemed quicker than many. I can see him being a defensive force in the post.

not addressing the 3, but when I read Brian's comments and saw Tre guarding Dow...I wondered "IF" Dow or Haarms could guard a 4 "if needed" and Tre guard the 5 on D and switch on O. We know Tre is 1) heavy (no doubt a bit slow) 2) skilled.

Can Purdue use his skill and hide his slowness... at least with some teams? None if this I know as I haven't seen him or others in action. However, Tre does seem skilled, goes after the rebounds on D and appears to have a big enough body to play physical inside...all soem desirable things on Offense. Can you hide his lack of quickness on D and get his O for a few minutes a game? Keep the space he must defend smaller and give him enough space on O to use his versatility? I have no idea, but would like to see a report from Brian on that?
I think Haarms could guard the 4. He did it a little bit last year when he and Haas played together. I don't think anyone here has seen Dow enough to give a clear answer on that yet. As Painter said in an interview not long ago, Tre is closer to a 6 than a 4. I expect If/When he plays to be at the 5 spot on defense. I don't anticipate him getting many minutes against teams that have a 4 and 5 who can both shoot. I don't think he is ready for the pick n roll/pop defense at this time.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
It's no more a reach than saying Eastern was going to be a PG prior to last season. He showed he could do it.

Worst case scenario, those guys cant play the 2, and that means Green, Durham, RP, and a freshman guard have to lock down those two spots (I would have no problem with that either). Then guys like Moore (likely gone after this year), Forrester, and Andersen dont get much PT. Fine by me, because we still have elite players that would actually be playing. If anything were to happen to one of those players, then those 3 I mentioned are very capable of stepping in (maybe not Moore). No team is going to go 11, 12, or 13 deep. There will always be 3 or 4 scholarship players that wont play very much (unless a team chooses only to go with 10 scholarship players like Purdue is this year).

The guys that I mentioned could play the 2 are not PF types. They are SF. I'm extremely confident Brooks could play the 2. Andersen isn't a great dribbler, so he would have to be paired with a PG with great ball handling skills (green or RP). Hunter is I believe the stretch to succeed at the 2, but archie insists he will try. Either way, the lineup below is lethal on paper.

Green/RP
Brooks/Durham
Hunter/Andersen
Smith/Thompson
TJD/Davis

Not included:
Freshman guard
Moore
Forrester
You know that Eastern has played point guard throughout his high school career, and was recruited to Purdue to play that position, right? That doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

interesting take on Williams. He is skilled, and has the same kind of aggressive drive under the basket that Biggie had. Maybe it's me, but watching his high school tapes, I saw Williams make very quick moves in the post. Maybe he is slower getting down the court, but once in place he seemed quicker than many. I can see him being a defensive force in the post.
I think he enters a bit more athletic than Biggie and is a very good big man passer. I just expect it is difficult for him to contain the dribble on D out in space. However, I believe (just gut feel) that he can help on O wiht his versatility and skill adn so the question is how do you hide the liability (again assuming it is a liability) of defending in space...other than reducing the space one must defend...either with help (can't leave shooters open), assignments, or a general position that has typically less space to defend. Anyway, I'm excited for both football and basketball this year...and suspect that Purdue is under the radar for both.

Reactions: boilernuke
You know that Eastern has played point guard throughout his high school career, and was recruited to Purdue to play that position, right? That doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.
You know that Brooks has played the 2 for his AAU team, and is being recruited by IU and UK to play that position, right? You're right, it doesn't seem like a stretch.

I think Haarms could guard the 4. He did it a little bit last year when he and Haas played together. I don't think anyone here has seen Dow enough to give a clear answer on that yet. As Painter said in an interview not long ago, Tre is closer to a 6 than a 4. I expect If/When he plays to be at the 5 spot on defense. I don't anticipate him getting many minutes against teams that have a 4 and 5 who can both shoot. I don't think he is ready for the pick n roll/pop defense at this time.
I think those are all legit...and will be weighted with the others playing and how valuable his O will be with the others in comparison to his D with the others against other teams. I'm sure we will all learn a bit in a couple of months.. Dow looked athletic enough in limited video that he can move a bit in space...and can back off a bit to do that at 6'11" ;)

Also FWIW...coaches many times submit thoughts for players..like being closer to a 6 than a 4....lose some weight Tre... hint...hint... ;)

I think those are all legit...and will be weighted with the others playing and how valuable his O will be with the others in comparison to his D with the others against other teams. I'm sure we will all learn a bit in a couple of months.. Dow looked athletic enough in limited video that he can move a bit in space...and can back off a bit to do that at 6'11" ;)

Also FWIW...coaches many times submit thoughts for players..like being closer to a 6 than a 4....lose some weight Tre... hint...hint... ;)
Agreed haha. I do believe Tre will be a 4 for us down the road. Just has to get that body toned.

I find it interesting that IMO this thread pigeonholes players into positions in a way that is not entirely descriptive. Here’s what I mean by that:
A guard can be a “2” one end of the court but not the other, and that discrepancy can go in both directions.
For instance, I belief that Eastern can be Purdue’s offense point guard, but it is arguable that he can handle guarding another team’s point. Same with Brooks - he can be a two in offense, but not sure he can guard a 6’3” classic two.
On the other hand, I’m pretty sure that Durham and Green on IU can guard a point, but I’m not convinced that either will develop the court vision and decision making skill to be an offensive end point.
For Purdue this year? Eastern can run the offense because his running mate will be a 6’0” quick two guard on offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: neckster87
I find it interesting that IMO this thread pigeonholes players into positions in a way that is not entirely descriptive. Here’s what I mean by that:
A guard can be a “2” one end of the court but not the other, and that discrepancy can go in both directions.
For instance, I belief that Eastern can be Purdue’s offense point guard, but it is arguable that he can handle guarding another team’s point. Same with Brooks - he can be a two in offense, but not sure he can guard a 6’3” Classic two.
On the other hand, I’m pretty sure that Durham and Green on IU can guard a point, but I’m not convinced that either will develop the court vision and decision making skill to be an offensive end point.
For Purdue this year? Eastern can run the offense because his running mate will be a 6’0” quick two guard on offense.
I doubt you find many people on here who are concerned about Nojels defense.

Maybe watch a game?

For instance, I belief that Eastern can be Purdue’s offense point guard, but it is arguable that he can handle guarding another team’s point. Same with Brooks - he can be a two in offense, but not sure he can guard a 6’3” classic two.
My son played backup PG behind P.J. he guarded every team PG 94 feet so I don’t think he will have to many issues. His length at 6”7 and quickness with a 6”9 wing span more than help that cause. He’s the the biggest PG in the big 10 as it stands right now so guarding opposing PGs won’t be IMO an issue and he can also guard opposing 2/3s and some 4s bcuz of his physical size at 220. I have every game on tape and he more than held his on defensively against those smaller guards.

I think Nojel can guard a pg, but obviously the quicker the pg and offensive scheme in conjunction with the other players on the other team...he may or may not be on the pg for the other team. Nojel is fast, strong and has some length, but 6'7" players are not going to bellly up to jitterbug 6'0" pg's that have open lanes. Course being 6'7" allows him to back off as needed for many players. Nojel does have the ability to switch a lot of players. Overall defensively, Nojel will be fine, but there are question marks with many other players...

When I come on this site, I try to talk basketball. It's your prerogative to be condescending in response, but when that happens there are less posters who come on the site to talk basketball IMO.
Really?
You seriously don’t see saying Nojels abitity to guard a point guard as condescending? Either you do, or you haven’t watched a game. It’s pretty obvious.

I think Nojel can guard a pg, but obviously the quicker the pg and offensive scheme in conjunction with the other players on the other team...he may or may not be on the pg for the other team. Nojel is fast, strong and has some length, but 6'7" players are not going to bellly up to jitterbug 6'0" pg's that have open lanes. Course being 6'7" allows him to back off as needed for many players. Nojel does have the ability to switch a lot of players. Overall defensively, Nojel will be fine, but there are question marks with many other players...

you think he can? He basically shut down the best PG in the league last year (Tony Carr) in the BTT.

Don't be dense. He can guard 1-3, and probably 4 on the floor. If he can handle Carr, who do you think he can NOT guard?

you think he can? He basically shut down the best PG in the league last year (Tony Carr) in the BTT.

Don't be dense. He can guard 1-3, and probably 4 on the floor.
Well as an attempt of trying not to be dense...probably can't escape, I prefer to believe you completely missed what I said rather than just not understanding. Nojel was the perfect match for Carr and did a GREAT job on him. What were Carr's strengths...not quickness! Carr liked to get in the lane and use his size..mute with Nojel. Carr had a low release on his shot on teh perimeter...Nojel was 6'7". Hell, in my stupidity I called for Nojel to guard Carr BEFORE the games were played. I'm not going to rehash all I said...it is there for any that want to read it ...actually read it. Nojel can be fine on D. He may guard a pg and he may be better suited on another as previously stated (but missed apparently). Part of who Nojel guards will depend on how the game is going and who for Purdue is on the floor...and WHAT they are capable. Matt can't set a D around a single player as though others are not on the court. Lastly, "IF" there is any difficulty with a pg I would expect it to be more likely with a Simpson for Michigan with open lanes than a Carr from PSU. I don't think you really read what I wrote...and if you did....either my communication skills are really bad or I'm just dense as you suggested...

My son played backup PG behind P.J. he guarded every team PG 94 feet so I don’t think he will have to many issues. His length at 6”7 and quickness with a 6”9 wing span more than help that cause. He’s the the biggest PG in the big 10 as it stands right now so guarding opposing PGs won’t be IMO an issue and he can also guard opposing 2/3s and some 4s bcuz of his physical size at 220. I have every game on tape and he more than held his on defensively against those smaller guards.

I don't agree with you that often, but you are accurate here.

When he played, he guarded the PG and did very well. His length bothered the heck out of Tony Carr. I can't think of a 'quick' guard that can get around Nojels quickness AND length. Couple that with the fact that Nojel got better on D the more he played....we will be fine guarding other PGs. In fact, Nojel is a BIG step up from PJs ability there....we should probably be better. My big concern is who guards the other teams PG when Nojel ISNT on the floor!

Well as an attempt of trying not to be dense...probably can't escape, I prefer to believe you completely missed what I said rather than just not understanding. Nojel was the perfect match for Carr and did a GREAT job on him. What were Carr's strengths...not quickness! Carr liked to get in the lane and use his size..mute with Nojel. Carr had a low release on his shot on teh perimeter...Nojel was 6'7". Hell, in my stupidity I called for Nojel to guard Carr BEFORE the games were played. I'm not going to rehash all I said...it is there for any that want to read it ...actually read it. Nojel can be fine on D. He may guard a pg and he may be better suited on another as previously stated (but missed apparently). Part of who Nojel guards will depend on how the game is going and who for Purdue is on the floor...and WHAT they are capable. Matt can't set a D around a single player as though others are not on the court. Lastly, "IF" there is any difficulty with a pg I would expect it to be more likely with a Simpson for Michigan with open lanes than a Carr from PSU. I don't think you really read what I wrote...and if you did....either my communication skills are really bad or I'm just dense as you suggested...

Simpson isnt quick...at all. Not any quicker than Nojel...

Simpson isnt quick...at all. Not any quicker than Nojel...
If they are the same...isolation due to scheme opens it up for players like Simpson. Besides, there was much more I stated and an open mind would see I'm very supportive of Nojel's abilities and actually break it down a bit. Come to think of it ...I even said I'm not worried about Nojel...it is the others I'm more concerned. Why am I doing this? Soon, I'll be back into discussing the zone...over and over...and over. Whatever you want is yours, but you are not going to paint me into suggesting that Nojel can't guard a lot of players (damnit I did mention teh switching too). Every single player no matter how good he is on offense or defense has a weakest area (don't confuse this with weak as weakest is comparative not definitive) on offense and defense when viewed with all the tangibles of offense and defense...every single player. Now that weak link may be better than some players best strengths, but every player has an area of his game that he compensates to the best of his ability...EVERY player. Again, I'm either really poor at expressing what I said or we have completely different opinions of putting teams together and maximizing players on O and D

If they are the same...isolation due to scheme opens it up for players like Simpson. Besides, there was much more I stated and an open mind would see I'm very supportive of Nojel's abilities and actually break it down a bit. Come to think of it ...I even said I'm not worried about Nojel...it is the others I'm more concerned. Why am I doing this? Soon, I'll be back into discussing the zone...over and over...and over. Whatever you want is yours, but you are not going to paint me into suggesting that Nojel can't guard a lot of players (damnit I did mention teh switching too). Every single player no matter how good he is on offense or defense has a weakest area (don't confuse this with weak as weakest is comparative not definitive) on offense and defense when viewed with all the tangibles of offense and defense...every single player. Now that weak link may be better than some players best strengths, but every player has an area of his game that he compensates to the best of his ability...EVERY player. Again, I'm either really poor at expressing what I said or we have completely different opinions of putting teams together and maximizing players on O and D

The bigger concern is what happens on D when Nojel leaves the floor? To me, that's a real question mark. Since ive seen Nojel do well, and then get better through the course of the year....im not worried where he will be game 1.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I don't agree with you that often, but you are accurate here.

When he played, he guarded the PG and did very well. His length bothered the heck out of Tony Carr. I can't think of a 'quick' guard that can get around Nojels quickness AND length. Couple that with the fact that Nojel got better on D the more he played....we will be fine guarding other PGs. In fact, Nojel is a BIG step up from PJs ability there....we should probably be better. My big concern is who guards the other teams PG when Nojel ISNT on the floor!
Carsen will guard the other teams PG when Nojel isnt in. Nojel will always guard the better of the opposing teams guards/wings. For example, Nojel will not be guarding the PG against IU. He will be guarding Romeo.

The bigger concern is what happens on D when Nojel leaves the floor? To me, that's a real question mark. Since ive seen Nojel do well, and then get better through the course of the year....im not worried where he will be game 1.
I thought Nojel did well all year on the ball and improved off the ball as the season went on. The latter part of the game he was scraping down and getting some steals helping off his man. I don't know enough about the players to know who guards who. I know Purdue cannot expect Carsen to play big minutes setting the D by guarding the pg and then being the offensive scorer he is. I'm sure minute use will be a key as well as who they are playing. Outside of those two...the best guess for me is Hunter. Hunter will play.

A lot will depend on how Matt sees the team. If he pressures more in man...then the defender of the PG sets the D and establishes just how much pressure D you can play. If he doesn't play belly up and more of a sinking or sagging D until the arc...depending on the other team's players I expect to see Nojel/Carsen and Eric Hunter getting some shots at the PG. I have so manyh questions and not seeing the players it is all guesses for me, but feel pretty confident that we will see Nojel, Carsen and Hunter at different times guarding the pg. It takes a lot of energy putting on pressure on the pg...can't afford Carsen to lose some O as a result. Scheme, minute balance and as smart as Hunter seems to be...picking up the D quickly will be important

Eastern can be Purdue’s offense point guard, but it is arguable that he can handle guarding another team’s point.
I can agree with this take with one or two caveats - refs giving cheap fouls which they do on more physical players against smaller players or their 2 guard is much more of a threat to score which means Nojel will switch to shut him down.

I don't get the attacks @HoosierfanJM - he made a point, provided context, and didn't take cheap shots. Some of you folks need to take chill-pill and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Carsen will guard the other teams PG when Nojel isnt in. Nojel will always guard the better of the opposing teams guards/wings. For example, Nojel will not be guarding the PG against IU. He will be guarding Romeo.
...and I'll add that Hunter will see minutes I expect. I think we all think Romeo will be defended by Nojel as a primary thought...Romeo's height and length will not be as advantageous (don't get me wrong he is a good player) as one of his strengths against Nojel...except perhaps in Bloomington where anything can happen

...and I'll add that Hunter will see minutes I expect. I think we all think Romeo will be defended by Nojel as a primary thought...Romeo's height and length will not be as advantageous (don't get me wrong he is a good player) as one of his strengths against Nojel...except perhaps in Bloomington where anything can happen
Yea, worst case scenario is that Romeo draws two quick fouls against Nojel in the Hall of Calls, and then we have to have a much shorter/weaker guard on him.

Yea, worst case scenario is that Romeo draws two quick fouls against Nojel in the Hall of Calls, and then we have to have a much shorter/weaker guard on him.
Or we have Dow closetline him or even a choke slam. Just throwing out some alternative defensive strategies.

Reactions: BoilerIron
I just hope he can get 15 minutes into his warm up before getting his first. Being a saint...you wonder how much protection he gets early that others might take 3 or 4 years to gather. Then again...maybe those days are in the past...Bloomington hasn't been the power for a few years to get a few breaks as I'm thinking the last few years haven't really been bad...but I'm old and so maybe I forgot some things... ;)

Great point it all probably will depend on opposing team strategies offensively who he may guard I do believe Nojel carsen and hunter share those duties.

You know that Brooks has played the 2 for his AAU team, and is being recruited by IU and UK to play that position, right? You're right, it doesn't seem like a stretch.
I don't think of Brooks as a forward. You stated that IU had 9 forwards. So, were you counting him as a forward or as a guard? Is he one of those 9 or not? I just get mixed up with the volume of 4's IU has recruited. Help me out here.

When I come on this site, I try to talk basketball. It's your prerogative to be condescending in response, but when that happens there are less posters who come on the site to talk basketball IMO.
Too sensitive. I think that maybe your question about Nojel's ability to guard the opposing PG indicated you don't know much about his skill set. Hence the snide comment.

I just hope he can get 15 minutes into his warm up before getting his first. Being a saint...you wonder how much protection he gets early that others might take 3 or 4 years to gather. Then again...maybe those days are in the past...Bloomington hasn't been the power for a few years to get a few breaks as I'm thinking the last few years haven't really been bad...but I'm old and so maybe I forgot some things... ;)
They also no longer have the bull in the red sweater patrolling the sidelines and guaranteeing that foul advantage.

Reactions: tjreese
I don't think of Brooks as a forward. You stated that IU had 9 forwards. So, were you counting him as a forward or as a guard? Is he one of those 9 or not? I just get mixed up with the volume of 4's IU has recruited. Help me out here.
I had Brooks counted in the 9 forwards. I will happily remove him though for the sake of this argument. That gives IU 5 guards, 6 forwards, and 2 centers for next year. So 8 players that are either forwards or centers. Seems extremely balanced to me.

By the way, if everything goes to plan for Purdue next year, you guys would have 8 forwards/centers too....

Haarms
Dow
William's
Evan
Wheeler
Hall
Timme
Gillis

I think you could find a way to cope with that roster even if it is "unbalanced".

Reactions: KisteK
Great point it all probably will depend on opposing team strategies offensively who he may guard I do believe Nojel carsen and hunter share those duties.
I just wanted to say that I haven't posted here in ages but read the forums a lot and I can't thank you enough for the insight you give on the team and your son.

The details you provide, when you can, are priceless. Can't wait to see him play!

Reactions: Schnelk
They also no longer have the bull in the red sweater patrolling the sidelines and guaranteeing that foul advantage.
I do think Knight carried some weight with the refs...something Keady fought from the beginning...and used that to motivate the Purdue players...the fight that is ...

I had Brooks counted in the 9 forwards. I will happily remove him though for the sake of this argument. That gives IU 5 guards, 6 forwards, and 2 centers for next year. So 8 players that are either forwards or centers. Seems extremely balanced to me.

By the way, if everything goes to plan for Purdue next year, you guys would have 8 forwards/centers too....

Haarms
Dow
William's
Evan
Wheeler
Hall
Timme
Gillis

I think you could find a way to cope with that roster even if it is "unbalanced".
Well that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying. Remember, it was your statement in response to my TIC comment about the seemingly large number of forwards that started this round.

...and no, 6 forwards and 2 centers sounds about right, unless those guys you count as centers and guards actually played forward in high school, but then that's another can of worms

Reactions: ASF
Well that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying. Remember, it was your statement in response to my TIC comment about the seemingly large number of forwards that started this round.

...and no, 6 forwards and 2 centers sounds about right, unless those guys you count as centers and guards actually played forward in high school, but then that's another can of worms
I would assume all of them except for a couple were their team's respective "centers" in high school. Romeo played center for New Albany last year and for the Indiana All-stars. I dont think his high school position defines his college position. TJD and Davis are the centers I had marked down. The guards are Green, Rp, Durham, Brooks, and a freshman guard.

I just wanted to say that I haven't posted here in ages but read the forums a lot and I can't thank you enough for the insight you give on the team and your son.

The details you provide, when you can, are priceless. Can't wait to see him play!
Sir you are most welcome. I no I’ve been told on many occasions this is not a place for a parent to be on this site and I can agree to a certain extent bcuz as a parent it’s really hard to control any emotions when some say things good or bad opinions or comments about your child and try to keep your emotions in check. I’ll admit I may not have handled some of the comments in a good way but I think I’ve gotten better over time. I no I cannot respond to everything that has been said or will be said about my son and I can assure you im gonna have to dial it down to keep the peace moving forward. I mean no harm I’m a good person that loves basketball and watching my son play and I’ll admit it was an adjustment for me and my son last season him not playing as much and me not seeing him play as much. It took its toll on my son mentally and messed with his confidence why his shooting and FTs suffered. He’s a hellava kid that is great with kids of all ages and I’m a person who was approached on several occasions last season from a few on this site I met who all gave me some advice about this site but all were kind and easy to talk too that I enjoyed the conversation we shared. He’s mentally ready his confidence is back his shooting is back he’s making FTs he has put in a lot I mean a lot of work this off season to not just better himself but knowing what this team lost due to either transfer or seniors leaving he knows he must take a big step forward to be one of the players that helps this team win games. I hear the reference sophomore jump a lot on this site or in general but to me his sophomore jump is playing more than 12 min a game which adds up to more production offensively especially. I’ll end with this my son didn’t forget how to play basketball in HS whether on the AAU or Nike circuit which he played against many of the lottery picks from this past draft including Romeo he also received invitation 3 times to USA U16/17 tryouts and was a finalist For the U17 final 18 man roster spot but ultimately didn’t make the 12 man roster spot. 18 years I watched my become a mismatch problem. Teams had no answer for him when you have a player that could pass score shoot rebound defend every position put his teammates in position to score was a facilitator the team leader bcuz of his play making abilities he still is a hard player to matchup with bcuz of his size. He left Evanston as the all time leading scorer, assists and rebounding in school history. He left his legacy there in every statical category he didn’t forget how to play basketball he’s more than what many saw this past season. His time has come now he waited his turn and now he’s ready to show what he has to offer to a team that will need more production from there returning players which I believe all are ready to step up to that plate. I can’t wait for season either Purdue may be a sleeper in the beginning of the season but Purdue won’t be slept on when big 10 play begins.

Sir you are most welcome. I no I’ve been told on many occasions this is not a place for a parent to be on this site and I can agree to a certain extent bcuz as a parent it’s really hard to control any emotions when some say things good or bad opinions or comments about your child and try to keep your emotions in check. I’ll admit I may not have handled some of the comments in a good way but I think I’ve gotten better over time. I no I cannot respond to everything that has been said or will be said about my son and I can assure you im gonna have to dial it down to keep the peace moving forward. I mean no harm I’m a good person that loves basketball and watching my son play and I’ll admit it was an adjustment for me and my son last season him not playing as much and me not seeing him play as much. It took its toll on my son mentally and messed with his confidence why his shooting and FTs suffered. He’s a hellava kid that is great with kids of all ages and I’m a person who was approached on several occasions last season from a few on this site I met who all gave me some advice about this site but all were kind and easy to talk too that I enjoyed the conversation we shared. He’s mentally ready his confidence is back his shooting is back he’s making FTs he has put in a lot I mean a lot of work this off season to not just better himself but knowing what this team lost due to either transfer or seniors leaving he knows he must take a big step forward to be one of the players that helps this team win games. I hear the reference sophomore jump a lot on this site or in general but to me his sophomore jump is playing more than 12 min a game which adds up to more production offensively especially. I’ll end with this my son didn’t forget how to play basketball in HS whether on the AAU or Nike circuit which he played against many of the lottery picks from this past draft including Romeo he also received invitation 3 times to USA U16/17 tryouts and was a finalist For the U17 final 18 man roster spot but ultimately didn’t make the 12 man roster spot. 18 years I watched my become a mismatch problem. Teams had no answer for him when you have a player that could pass score shoot rebound defend every position put his teammates in position to score was a facilitator the team leader bcuz of his play making abilities he still is a hard player to matchup with bcuz of his size. He left Evanston as the all time leading scorer, assists and rebounding in school history. He left his legacy there in every statical category he didn’t forget how to play basketball he’s more than what many saw this past season. His time has come now he waited his turn and now he’s ready to show what he has to offer to a team that will need more production from there returning players which I believe all are ready to step up to that plate. I can’t wait for season either Purdue may be a sleeper in the beginning of the season but Purdue won’t be slept on when big 10 play begins.
You truly have a lot of people pulling for Nojel..not just to help Purdue but as an individual as well. I am excited for the season to begin...AFTER I get my fill of football as well!!!! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT