ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Crystal Ball

I have no problem with talking about IU or their players. We've had a lot of discussion generated about JJJ and other MSU players. However, I agree that talk should be in a seperate thread. If you want to talk about Phinisee, start a new thread and those who want to ignore it can do so. When I see a title I expect the discussion to be somewhat related to that title. This is the Hall thread and I hope to read about Hall.

Admittedly I'm just as bad about getting off topic as many trolls are.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Doesn't his parents live in Indy? With his father's illness, something tells me he may want to stay close to home. I hope we land him. I like our chances.

Bossi's write up on the top 5.

From the article about what Hall wants to see and feel before he decides and his comments about each school, it appears that Purdue and Texas have the advantage in the relationship of player to coach but that Purdue I think leads in the totality of the environment that Hall appears to be looking at.

From the article about what Hall wants to see and feel before he decides and his comments about each school, it appears that Purdue and Texas have the advantage in the relationship of player to coach but that Purdue I think leads in the totality of the environment that Hall appears to be looking at.
I read it the same way. I wonder if the fact that Shaka is on the hot seat and consistently under performs with elite talent might hurt their chances.

Malik Hall said:
I've been there three or four times and they really turned it up around Christmas time. The family environment and the love that is shown there, Coach (Matt) Painter is a players coach and he really understands where we come from as kids now, where we are and how we are developing, the things we like to do and the things we need to learn to do. They are a real up and coming program.
These comments from Malik I think are very telling. Especially that he has been to Purdue multiple times and how Painter is connecting with the recruits.

These comments from Malik I think are very telling. Especially that he has been to Purdue multiple times and how Painter is connecting with the recruits.
The thing I took away from the comment is that not only is CMP doing those things BUT the players in the program now and in the past are conveying those same sentiments to recruits when on campus. It's one thing to get the bus moving in the right direction...it's another to have the bus pointed in the right direction and have everyone in the correct seats and everyone following along with the goals in mind.

I have no problem with talking about IU or their players. We've had a lot of discussion generated about JJJ and other MSU players. However, I agree that talk should be in a seperate thread. If you want to talk about Phinisee, start a new thread and those who want to ignore it can do so. When I see a title I expect the discussion to be somewhat related to that title. This is the Hall thread and I hope to read about Hall.

Admittedly I'm just as bad about getting off topic as many trolls are.
Who's finisee?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
The thing I took away from the comment is that not only is CMP doing those things BUT the players in the program now and in the past are conveying those same sentiments to recruits when on campus. It's one thing to get the bus moving in the right direction...it's another to have the bus pointed in the right direction and have everyone in the correct seats and everyone following along with the goals in mind.
right kids make it easier too... ;)

Reactions: Roeder
"Up and coming program"??

lol. Sounds like something they would have said about Purdue in 1918, not 2018.

"With new Head Coach Piggy Lambert at the helm, these Boilermakers are a real up and coming program"
I took it as a sign that things are changing at Purdue. Meaning how we play, the mindset of the staff and the commitment of the Administration in both Purdue and Coach P.

Or maybe I am just reading too much in to it.

Last edited:
I took it as a sign that things are changing at Purdue. Meaning how we play, the mindset of the staff and the commitment of the Administration in both Purdue and Coach P.

Or maybe I am just reading too much in to it.
Who knows, but I never read that into it. I took it as a bit of improvement in players and the team getting better and better. I don't think Matt changes his core beliefs. I do think he adapts as he always has to the type of talent he has on O and continues his man on D. This team is faster and more athletic and so it is reasonable to assume they will play a bit faster...but how much faster can you play with the shot clock already speeding up the game and still have some team play? We will see a bit more on ball screens coupled I assume with a continuation of off ball screens, more driving of the ball and less back to the basket for the entire duration of the clock by whoever is playing the 5.

All offenses for a split second directly involve no more than 3 with the other two having action away from the ball for reversal or next up..etc. I think Purdue continues that, but adds a bit more two man game on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT