ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Crystal Ball

We've whiffed on a few 'must gets' the last few years. Painter landed Biggie, which was one of those but he's been the second choice for some top guys in the last 3-4 years.

We'll pay the price for that a bit after this year once Carsen is gone.

Ironically though, I expect EB to be a BIG contributor the next 2 years and he is a guy we were initially 2nd place for, but with Mack going to Louisville and leaving Xavier, it opened the door for him to become a boiler. He's not a program changer...but a guy who will more than help us stay at our current level.

We'll need multiple instant impact guys to take a step forward.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Lend weight possibly but still feel that shot is high. I l believe he is trending more and more towards Kentucky. Hall is going to be a Boiler! He will be a leader on a very athletic and talented team!

Curious as to why you would feel UK is "trending" for Brooks? None of the National guys believe that, unless you consider Matt Jones (KSR) and all the other UK media types "experts"...

Snow's Midwest recruiting update this week mentioned that the only definite visit for Brooks is IU, with MSU also likely. He feels all the other suitors including UNC,Purdue, Iowa, Georgetown,Texas, UCLA and even UK are scrambling to be one of the other 3.

Curious as to why you would feel UK is "trending" for Brooks? None of the National guys believe that, unless you consider Matt Jones (KSR) and all the other UK media types "experts"...

Snow's Midwest recruiting update this week mentioned that the only definite visit for Brooks is IU, with MSU also likely. He feels all the other suitors including UNC,Purdue, Iowa, Georgetown,Texas, UCLA and even UK are scrambling to be one of the other 3.
I still feel MSU will be the landing spot but I also know and have said that KB is strictly treating his son's recruiting like a business move. I know he really speaks highly of Cal and what he has done.

Anyone know who MSU as been recruiting other than Brooks/TJD and why the late offer? Is Izzo striking out on his plan A guys?

Probably as a contingency plan. MSU only graduates two players next year (Goins and McQuaid), and out of Ward, Winston, and Langford who are only juniors I don't see any of them bolting for the draft.. Would guess Hall is a back-up plan for Brooks, who I imagine is down to IU and MSU, but MSU may feel they are losing ground to the Hoosiers hence the offer to Hall. UK is probably out of the running for Brooks now that they have signed Allen and Khalil Whitney who both plays Brooks' position. MSU seems to be in pretty good position with Timme as well. Timme, Brooks, TJD all appeared to be MSU's top 3 targets for 2 open scholarships. TJD to IU is all but a sure thing so I'm guessing Timme and then Brooks/Hall are the top targets now.

Let me ask you when Ed was at UCLA were they recruiting him very hard? Were they considered the favorite to land him? MSU has been there for the long haul. He could land at IU but I honestly would be shocked because to me it seems they are the 3rd wheel trying to get his services.

Let me ask you when Ed was at UCLA were they recruiting him very hard? Were they considered the favorite to land him? MSU has been there for the long haul. He could land at IU but I honestly would be shocked because to me it seems they are the 3rd wheel trying to get his services.

I have no clue. Have never really paid attention to Ed Schilling or UCLA, I can't stand Alford. Only thing I've read about Ed Schilling and Keion Brooks is that Schilling recruited Brooks dad to Wright State and played for Schilling while he was the head coach in the 90s, so there is some history there. I know Purdue was one of the first to offer Brooks as was MSU but IU has been in the thick of things ever since Archie became IU's head coach. Everything about Brooks recruitment leads me to believe he wants to be the man wherever he goes, hence why schools like Iowa, Georgetown, etc are on his short lists. IU is going to graduate Morgan and lose Romeo to the draft, Brooks would instantly be IU's go to player from day 1. Not so sure he could have that role at MSU if guys like Winston, Ward, and Langford all come back for their senior years.

Reactions: KisteK
I have no clue. Have never really paid attention to Ed Schilling or UCLA, I can't stand Alford. Only thing I've read about Ed Schilling and Keion Brooks is that Schilling recruited Brooks dad to Wright State and played for Schilling while he was the head coach in the 90s, so there is some history there. I know Purdue was one of the first to offer Brooks as was MSU but IU has been in the thick of things ever since Archie became IU's head coach. Everything about Brooks recruitment leads me to believe he wants to be the man wherever he goes, hence why schools like Iowa, Georgetown, etc are on his short lists. IU is going to graduate Morgan and lose Romeo to the draft, Brooks would instantly be IU's go to player from day 1. Not so sure he could have that role at MSU if guys like Winston, Ward, and Langford all come back for their senior years.
If this was the case he could or would have stayed at North and honestly, he wanted to transfer back when Bowen, Campbell and JJJ were there. I don't believe it's strictly him being the main focal point. KB would rather have his son have a real legit shot of making to the NBA after one season. Strictly a business move.

If this was the case he could or would have stayed at North and honestly, he wanted to transfer back when Bowen, Campbell and JJJ were there. I don't believe it's strictly him being the main focal point. KB would rather have his son have a real legit shot of making to the NBA after one season. Strictly a business move.

Wouldn't you say Brooks would have a much better shot of getting drafted, and drafted higher after one season by being the focal point of an offense at IU rather playing along side guys who will be 4 year starters by the time he gets there? A guy like Brooks is an NBA talent regardless of where he goes. He's no different than someone like Romeo Langford. Romeo Langford was going to be a top 10, lottery pick regardless if he want to Kansas, IU, or IUPUI. Archie may not have the proven track record of putting guys in the NBA....yet, but guys like Schilling (Calipari) and Ostrom (Donovan) have all worked at programs that have put numerous players into the NBA.

I don't think his transfer to LaLu has anything to do with his recruitment, rather has everything to do with getting ready to play at the college level.

N
Wouldn't you say Brooks would have a much better shot of getting drafted, and drafted higher after one season by being the focal point of an offense at IU rather playing along side guys who will be 4 year starters by the time he gets there? A guy like Brooks is an NBA talent regardless of where he goes. He's no different than someone like Romeo Langford. Romeo Langford was going to be a top 10, lottery pick regardless if he want to Kansas, IU, or IUPUI. Archie may not have the proven track record of putting guys in the NBA....yet, but guys like Schilling (Calipari) and Ostrom (Donovan) have all worked at programs that have put numerous players into the NBA.

I don't think his transfer to LaLu has anything to do with his recruitment, rather has everything to do with getting ready to play at the college level.
It sounds like you agree with what I'm saying. No matter where he goes focal or not he will most likely be a NBA draft pick. Teams like Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and MSU land multiple 5* yearly because of the potential that they bring for the kid. IU may get that but they are no where near the level of these programs.

N

It sounds like you agree with what I'm saying. No matter where he goes focal or not he will most likely be a NBA draft pick. Teams like Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and MSU land multiple 5* yearly because of the potential that they bring for the kid. IU may get that but they are no where near the level of these programs.

Don't really agree with you because you said, "KB would rather have his son have a real legit shot of making to the NBA after one season. Strictly a business move", implying they only way that would happen is if he went to a school like MSU, UNC, or Kentucky. There's a reason why schools like Goergetown, Texas, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, etc are all on his short list and it's because he would go there and be the best player from day 1, which is telling about his recruitment. Brooks isn't going to be the man from day 1 by going to UK, MSU, or UNC.

N

I would slightly disagree with that. It's true that the top 5 type players will likely be lottery picks no matter where they go. But at a place like Kentucky, it's pretty easy for a top 15 player to go there and get stuck behind top 5 or 10 guys and not get to showcase their talent. Look at Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson, for example. Highly ranked guys who went to UK and got out shined by better players and didn't get highly drafted. Had they gone to an IU or Purdue and been the focal point of a team, they likely would have been drafted higher.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Georgetown does not do one and dones so I doubt that is a realistic possibility as a landing site for Brooks. I don't know Brooks' academics, but GU has some pretty high standards even for athletes.

Georgetown does not do one and dones so I doubt that is a realistic possibility as a landing site for Brooks. I don't know Brooks' academics, but GU has some pretty high standards even for athletes.

If Keion Brooks wanted to play at GT and told Patrick Ewing he'd only be there a year, Ewing would still take him in a heartbeat. GT, like 99% of other schools, doesn't have the luxury of saying no to a 5* recruit.

Anyone know who MSU as been recruiting other than Brooks/TJD and why the late offer? Is Izzo striking out on his plan A guys?
Some guys MSU is recruiting.
Drew Timme
Rocket Watts
Josiah James
Vernon Carey
Isaiah Stewart
Both guys you mentioned
Tray Jackson
Malik Hall
Terry Armstrong
Harlond Beverly

Edit: MSU graduates 3 guys (most people let forget about Ahrens who was out all of last year) and has 1 scholarship not in use. Ward will more than likely leave too, giving us 4-5 to work with.

You may have inside info but I do believe that we are 1 or 1a. He has been quoted how he would want to wear Indiana across his chest and his dad said he wanted to trust who he is sending his kid too and has a long relationship with Ed. I do believe from a business standpoint IU will be in really good shape at his position with Hunter who I think is severely under rated and Smith who could make a huge leap. With all accounts TJD leaving towards IU our front line will be crowded. I do think he will come to IU but wouldn’t be shocked if he went to MSU. I think Timme goes to MSU and Hall goes to PU tho.

With TJD and Brooks, we would have 9 "forwards". That's not bad considering they would be split across the 2-5 positions.
Last time I looked, the 2's and the 5's had specialized skills that most high school 4's don't ever use. I can see sliding a 4 to a 3 position, but that's about it.

Is it true that Li'l Archie has an assistant bring a little step stool to practice, so Archie jump up on it and look his players in the eye? I just heard that rumor.

Last time I looked, the 2's and the 5's had specialized skills that most high school 4's don't ever use. I can see sliding a 4 to a 3 position, but that's about it.

Is it true that Li'l Archie has an assistant bring a little step stool to practice, so Archie jump up on it and look his players in the eye? I just heard that rumor.
I thought we were about to have an actual basketball discussion, but it looks like you just want to troll.

The players that will get time at the 2 are Anderson, Hunter, and Brooks.

Players that will get time at the 3 are the players mentioned above as well as Justin Smith.

The players that will be 4/5 players are davis, Forrester, Moore, Thompson, and TJD.

Not very crowded when you look at it that way.

Reactions: KisteK
I thought we were about to have an actual basketball discussion, but it looks like you just want to troll.

Players that will get time at the 3 are the players mentioned above as well as Justin Smith.

The players that will be 4/5 players are davis, Forrester, Moore, Thompson, and TJD.

I think you would see players transfer out before it got to that. I don’t see anyway a combination Thompson/Forrester/Moore would stick around for another year just to be buried. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see someone like Davis use this year as a redshirt to get healthy and transfer with two years left. Not sure if he’s on track to graduate in 3 years, but if he is, would be all the more incentive to transfer out. I think TJD would be used exclusively at the 5 at IU.

5: TJD
4: Smith
3: Hunter
2: Brooks

And then Anderson could play 2 or 3 and whoever is left among Forrester, Thompson, Moore, and Davis could play 4 or 5. Either way definitely not a bad problem to have.

I clearly said "imo". Who are our other instant impact (day 1 starter) recruits that we are still in on? The ship has sailed on TJD, Brooks, and Timme. We are going to get Franklin, and I hope we get Hall to finish the class.
I have no indication of us being out on any of the player you mentioned if you have a creditable source please share with me . I can honestly tell you 100 % you are wrong about at least one of them . I hope we sign Franklin and Hall two great kids from excellent families . I am grateful to have Isaiah and Mason commit two top notch players who Painter targeted and landed . Let it play out .I would wonder why Timme and Davis just announced Purdue in their finial cuts ? Maybe they didn't know about your ship ! ( Sorry just joking ) I don't know where any recruit will go but I damn sure know anyone else who claims they know are mistaken . Let it play out don't leave the game a half time .

I have no indication of us being out on any of the player you mentioned if you have a creditable source please share with me . I can honestly tell you 100 % you are wrong about at least one of them . I hope we sign Franklin and Hall two great kids from excellent families . I am grateful to have Isaiah and Mason commit two top notch players who Painter targeted and landed . Let it play out .I would wonder why Timme and Davis just announced Purdue in their finial cuts ? Maybe they didn't know about your ship ! ( Sorry just joking ) I don't know where any recruit will go but I damn sure know anyone else who claims they know are mistaken . Let it play out don't leave the game a half time .
Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.

We made TJD's list cut, you are correct. We are the only one to make the cut that isn't getting an official. Doesn't sound like he is as fond of us as he is with the others. I also happen to know it's a 3 horse race between IU, MSU, and UCLA, but that IU has a big lead.

Keion and Purdue haven't been mentioned together in like a year.

Timme is blowing up. Again, when was the last time Timme was mentioned as a possibility to Purdue?

It's like saying we were still in the Romeo sweepstakes last year until he officially cut us.

Reactions: Boilermaker24

The focal point for IU next year (not this upcoming season) will be Hunter. The only way he isn't, is if he does well enough to leave after this year. Year two Hunter will be better than year one KBJ. That isn't a slight on KBJ, but I think Hunter is that good. If not for Romeo, he would be getting a lot more hype. In my opinion, Hunter is a better player than Romeo (no, this comment isn't meant to invoke baby rage either). Hunter and THT were the players I wanted the most. They are the kind of players you want to build a team around.

If he wants to be the man and the focal point, Purdue should be in the picture so long as they don't get Hall. I think Hall has become the focal point for Purdue (and should be, but it means a step back from KBJ and I think we are all but out on KBJ at this point). I would really love to land him because he is one of those guys that makes everybody around him better. Dude is an absolute winner. I think Painter has been all in from jump and put himself in great position. Just have to close. Would like to see Franklin commit soon too to ease my anxieties. I was worried we waited too long to offer.

Wait, you said IU was going to have 9 forwards. I was just contesting your statement that they would divide up the 2-5 positions. Those were your words, not mine. I just don't get how you can have a basketball team with 9 of your 13 scholarship kids being forwards.

So one forward turns around and plays with his back to the basket, he's the 5. Right? Playing out of his natural position (not a good thing). Maybe you need a real center, so that's where Fitzner fits.

Okay, so you might play some combination of 3's and 4's. Let's say you allocate 4 guys to fill those 2 positions, and the off-the-bench rolls.

I counted 5 guys that are forwards who have a purpose on the team. What do the other 4 do? That is where my "crowded" comment came from. You are down to the last 4 schollies for your PG and shooting guards. Seems thin to me.

Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.

We made TJD's list cut, you are correct. We are the only one to make the cut that isn't getting an official. Doesn't sound like he is as fond of us as he is with the others. I also happen to know it's a 3 horse race between IU, MSU, and UCLA, but that IU has a big lead.

Keion and Purdue haven't been mentioned together in like a year.

Timme is blowing up. Again, when was the last time Timme was mentioned as a possibility to Purdue?

It's like saying we were still in the Romeo sweepstakes last year until he officially cut us.
Langford DIDN'T cut us Painter left that shady show very early at least a year before his Dad cashed his $100,000 check ! Davis has been to Purdue many times not sure what else he could possibly gain from a official . Purdue had at least one coach at every game Brooks and Davis played . The last time Purdue was listed as a Timme possibility about a week ago by Timme listed in his top Ten when he cut Duke and many others . Franklin is who I am concerned about because he is coming in two weeks . I am boring even myself the only thing I can offer is my opinion .

Wait, you said IU was going to have 9 forwards. I was just contesting your statement that they would divide up the 2-5 positions. Those were your words, not mine. I just don't get how you can have a basketball team with 9 of your 13 scholarship kids being forwards.

So one forward turns around and plays with his back to the basket, he's the 5. Right? Playing out of his natural position (not a good thing). Maybe you need a real center, so that's where Fitzner fits.

Okay, so you might play some combination of 3's and 4's. Let's say you allocate 4 guys to fill those 2 positions, and the off-the-bench rolls.

I counted 5 guys that are forwards who have a purpose on the team. What do the other 4 do? That is where my "crowded" comment came from. You are down to the last 4 schollies for your PG and shooting guards. Seems thin to me.
Wait, are you talking about this year's team, or next year's team? Fitzner is a senior this year, so he wont be here next year when TJD and Brooks could be.

I'm going to try to break this down for you. These are the players that could be on the team, and the positions they have the ability to play.

Davis: 5
TJD: 5/4
Forrester: 5/4
Smith: 4/3
Thompson: 4
Moore (likely transfer candidate): 4/3
Brooks: 2/3/4
Hunter: 2/3/4
Anderson: 2/3/4

That leaves "guards" of Green, Durham, RP, and a freshman.

It's not likely all those players would get consistent minutes. Moore and Forrester are likely the two that wouldn't play much.

Maybe you aren't understanding how a team can have this type of roster, because Purdue plays primarily 3 guard lineups.

Langford DIDN'T cut us Painter left that shady show very early at least a year before his Dad cashed his $100,000 check ! Davis has been to Purdue many times not sure what else he could possibly gain from a official . Purdue had at least one coach at every game Brooks and Davis played . The last time Purdue was listed as a Timme possibility about a week ago by Timme listed in his top Ten when he cut Duke and many others . Franklin is who I am concerned about because he is coming in two weeks . I am boring even myself the only thing I can offer is my opinion .
The only thing I can offer is my opinion as well.

Your list includes 8 of those 9 as also capable of playing the 4. But the three you listed as playing shooting gaurd actually realistic? I mean is Anderson really going to be able to play shooting gaurd?

Your list includes 8 of those 9 as also capable of playing the 4. But the three you listed as playing shooting gaurd actually realistic? I mean is Anderson really going to be able to play shooting gaurd?
That remains to be seen. Archie definitely plans to play those three at the 2 though. Naturally, they are all 3s.

Tjd and Brookes are both soft. We are supposedly in timmes final five

Wait, are you talking about this year's team, or next year's team? Fitzner is a senior this year, so he wont be here next year when TJD and Brooks could be.

I'm going to try to break this down for you. These are the players that could be on the team, and the positions they have the ability to play.

It's not likely all those players would get consistent minutes. Moore and Forrester are likely the two that wouldn't play much.

Maybe you aren't understanding how a team can have this type of roster, because Purdue plays primarily 3 guard lineups.

If Hunter plays the "2", he is going to get abused. He is a Cline like player. He can light it up, but if he had to guard some of the elite scorers he will get carved up. Hunter could be a "2", but he is much better served as a wing and he will likely be the best player on the team next year (if he comes back). He is kind of like Mathias in that you can put him on the other team's best player and he will do just fine. Let the other team adjust on defense. With that said, if the other team's best player is a wing and Hunter is the "2", whoever IU has playing the "3" will have to guard a "2". Archie likes a lot of big players and it worked really well at Dayton. But with the well of talent IU can pick from, he doesn't need to do that. If it doesn't work quickly, he gone. There will be very little room for error this year with Romeo. If he doesn't make the post season with Romeo the pitchforks and torches will be out. I am not overly impressed with their roster, so I wouldn't be super shocked if they miss the tournament (but I think they will make it).

I not taking a side one way or the other on the 9 forwards argument. That is how Archie likes to play. But, Anderson and Hunter at the "2" is less than ideal. I think IU is 2-3 years down the road from having a shot at their lofty expectations.

Back on topic: Hall is a perfect fit for Purdue. Can't wait until the season starts. If the young pieces show what we expect, Purdue will be a very attractive landing spot. Purdue has had a player in the running for national player of the year for what will be the third year in a row (with two different players). That is very appealing and I love that Purdue has been in the national spotlight in a good way for the last three years. If they can have success after losing 4 starters/seniors, I think that bodes very well for convincing a player like Hall to hop on board.

Classic....Purdue doesn't look likely to get TJD and Brooks, so they're soft. If Timme cuts Purdue he'll turn soft too.

Brooks isn't soft at all. I think he will be a very good player at the next level and will be at most a two year player. TJD has got to improve his shooting to make it to the next level. He doesn't handle the ball as well as JJJ did and he doesn't shoot as well either. He will be kind of like a Hammons type player (probably a little more consistent on offense though). I think TJD takes 2-3 years to see his potential. Timmie we will be a stud asap. He can do it all and can stretch the court. Purdue fans would (and should) be excited about landing any of those three. I just think that Hall is the top priority right now (and if Timmie shows interest you ramp it up with him especially with the questions on Gillis' health concerns. Can he get that knee healthy enough to continue to perform at a high level).

I am being very honest when I say TJD would benefit the most in Purdue's system and I don't think it is even close. But, I think he will do fine wherever he goes due to his length and athleticism.

If Hunter plays the "2", he is going to get abused. He is a Cline like player. He can light it up, but if he had to guard some of the elite scorers he will get carved up. Hunter could be a "2", but he is much better served as a wing and he will likely be the best player on the team next year (if he comes back). He is kind of like Mathias in that you can put him on the other team's best player and he will do just fine. Let the other team adjust on defense. With that said, if the other team's best player is a wing and Hunter is the "2", whoever IU has playing the "3" will have to guard a "2". Archie likes a lot of big players and it worked really well at Dayton. But with the well of talent IU can pick from, he doesn't need to do that. If it doesn't work quickly, he gone. There will be very little room for error this year with Romeo. If he doesn't make the post season with Romeo the pitchforks and torches will be out. I am not overly impressed with their roster, so I wouldn't be super shocked if they miss the tournament (but I think they will make it).

I not taking a side one way or the other on the 9 forwards argument. That is how Archie likes to play. But, Anderson and Hunter at the "2" is less than ideal. I think IU is 2-3 years down the road from having a shot at their lofty expectations.

Back on topic: Hall is a perfect fit for Purdue. Can't wait until the season starts. If the young pieces show what we expect, Purdue will be a very attractive landing spot. Purdue has had a player in the running for national player of the year for what will be the third year in a row (with two different players). That is very appealing and I love that Purdue has been in the national spotlight in a good way for the last three years. If they can have success after losing 4 starters/seniors, I think that bodes very well for convincing a player like Hall to hop on board.
I would agree with you about hunter not being able to guard a 2 if IU played a straight up man to man defense. However, IU plays the packline. The packline is made to take away drives by keeping helpside players in the ball handler's driving lanes. This obviously leaves us susceptible to giving up 3s, which is why the packline requires long athletes on the wing that can close out.

As a side note, I think you are overestimating Hunter this year. He isn't projected to see enough playing time right now to even be close to a 1 and done. On the last update we got, he was projected as the 7th or 8th man. I do think he will be elite down the road though.

I agree that hall would be a perfect fit for Purdue.

Brooks isn't soft at all. I think he will be a very good player at the next level and will be at most a two year player. TJD has got to improve his shooting to make it to the next level. He doesn't handle the ball as well as JJJ did and he doesn't shoot as well either. He will be kind of like a Hammons type player (probably a little more consistent on offense though). I think TJD takes 2-3 years to see his potential. Timmie we will be a stud asap. He can do it all and can stretch the court. Purdue fans would (and should) be excited about landing any of those three. I just think that Hall is the top priority right now (and if Timmie shows interest you ramp it up with him especially with the questions on Gillis' health concerns. Can he get that knee healthy enough to continue to perform at a high level).

I am being very honest when I say TJD would benefit the most in Purdue's system and I don't think it is even close. But, I think he will do fine wherever he goes due to his length and athleticism.
This is exactly why I'm so excited about possibly getting TJD. It's way more likely he is a 4 year player than a 1 and done, but he should produce at a high level all 4 years.

Well, that explains... a lot. I think playing some ogf those guys at the 2 position might be a reach.

In today's game, putting a PF type into the 3 position can result in a slow playing, slow reacting team. All I can say is good luck with that. The Purdue fan in me says "Please keep recruiting those PF types. AKA Mike Davis"..

Well, that explains... a lot. I think playing some ogf those guys at the 2 position might be a reach.

In today's game, putting a PF type into the 3 position can result in a slow playing, slow reacting team. All I can say is good luck with that. The Purdue fan in me says "Please keep recruiting those PF types. AKA Mike Davis"..

I think that Brooks playing the 2 might be a reach, he is best suited as a 3 in my opinion. But I think Hunter and Anderson can play the 2. Maybe not this season, but next season as they develop better ball skills.

That's a problem if your PF types are slow. Brooks and Smith aren't slow, they can play the 3 without issue. Now I wouldn't put TJD at the 3 spot, he isn't a good enough shooter and would likely have problems on defense. I haven't seen enough of Moore to know where he can play. Supposedly he can shoot it from deep, but from what I saw last year the game was too fast for him to play much of anywhere. I hope he develops into what he was billed to be and can get used to the speed of the college game. When a kid shows up on the 2019 NBA draft board but doesn't look like he's even ready to play meaningful minutes as a college freshman, that worries me but also intrigues me to see what the future holds.

not addressing the 3, but when I read Brian's comments and saw Tre guarding Dow...I wondered "IF" Dow or Haarms could guard a 4 "if needed" and Tre guard the 5 on D and switch on O. We know Tre is 1) heavy (no doubt a bit slow) 2) skilled.

Can Purdue use his skill and hide his slowness... at least with some teams? None if this I know as I haven't seen him or others in action. However, Tre does seem skilled, goes after the rebounds on D and appears to have a big enough body to play physical inside...all soem desirable things on Offense. Can you hide his lack of quickness on D and get his O for a few minutes a game? Keep the space he must defend smaller and give him enough space on O to use his versatility? I have no idea, but would like to see a report from Brian on that?

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT