ADVERTISEMENT

Majority of House GOP, including 3 Black Republican grifters voted to reinstate confederate monument at Arlington National Cemetary

Alabama has made great advancements since Rs have taken over. It’s become an aviation technology hub with Huntsville one of the top cities to live in. The State has pro growth policies and people from Ted states are flocking.
AL is still 6th on the list of poorest states. MS, LA, OK, and AR are in the top 5. All red states. Again, why aren't the so-called outstanding GOP policies working in these states?

We had Reagan, the 2 Bush’s, and Chump and the poor whites are still poor. Plus GOP controlled congress from time to time. Plus, GOP governors in red states. MS and AL are some of the poorest states in the US. Why didn’t their policies elevate them out of poverty?
First of all, you don't get people out of poverty overnight. Second, every time the right did things to help people, the left would immediately undo it the next time they were elected.

First of all, you don't get people out of poverty overnight. Second, every time the right did things to help people, the left would immediately undo it the next time they were elected.

It doesn't happen overnight, and federal policy that Dems do don't help.
Just admit that I got cha. "It doesn't happen overnight". Is that the best excuse that you can come up with? Some of these states have been red for decades. According to your logic, "It doesn't happen overnight" only applies to red states. Dude, you lost this argument badly.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Just admit that I got cha. "It doesn't happen overnight". Is that the best excuse that you can come up with? Some of these states have been red for decades. According to your logic, "It doesn't happen overnight" only applies to red states. Dude, you lost this argument badly.
You absolutely don't have me. Not even close. The fact that you think you did, just shows how delusional you are. People don't go from poverty to prosperity overnight. That's just a fact. Democratic policies keep people poor. That's also just a fact.

WTF are you talking about. Red states don't have the inflation blue states have which give appearance of doing better. Then you have industry that Red states don't have for many factors. Beauty is one (California), and major cities are another (NY and Chicago). There are many other reasons beyond it's Red vs Blue. However, my point in this second paragraph was to point out that there's more homeless people living in Blue states BECAUSE of Blue policies. They make and keep people poor. 8 of the top 10 states with the highest homlessness are Blue. The top 7 are all Blue.

Chicago has a black mayor, a black DA, a black police chief, a black CTU president, a number of blacks in high level govt positions. All Democrats.
Now, remind me again why racial problems exist in Chicago?

Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc for the past 25 years have always had a large majority of white Republican governors, state legislators, and overwhelmingly white Republican local officials. And for about 1/2 the time they’ve concurrently had white Republicans in the White House and/or Congressional majority.

Those are the poorest, least successful states when measured by health, life expectancy, literacy, violent crime rates, and economic achievement.

Are there localized anecdotal spots where tech or an HGTV-show, town redo has done well? Sure!

But the real hard empirical evidence is what it is.

Please explain why.

Last edited:
You absolutely don't have me. Not even close. The fact that you think you did, just shows how delusional you are. People don't go from poverty to prosperity overnight. That's just a fact. Democratic policies keep people poor. That's also just a fact.

WTF are you talking about. Red states don't have the inflation blue states have which give appearance of doing better. Then you have industry that Red states don't have for many factors. Beauty is one (California), and major cities are another (NY and Chicago). There are many other reasons beyond it's Red vs Blue. However, my point in this second paragraph was to point out that there's more homeless people living in Blue states BECAUSE of Blue policies. They make and keep people poor. 8 of the top 10 states with the highest homlessness are Blue. The top 7 are all Blue.

Nope. All I see you making more excuses. The GOP could do no wrong in your cult mind. If the GOP policies are so much better then the poor folks in those states would improve. I’m talking decades in some cases.

• Haha
Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc for the past 25 years have always had a large majority of white Republican governors, state legislators, and overwhelmingly white Republican local officials.

Those are the poorest, least successful states when measured by health, life expectancy, literacy, violent crime rates, and economic achievement.

Are there localized anecdotal spots where tech or an HGTV show town redo has done well? Sure!

Please explain why.
He has no explanation other than the pitiful lame one he gave in his response to my post. He says it doesn’t happen overnight. Give me a break.

• Haha
Nope. All I see you making more excuses. The GOP could do no wrong in your cult mind. If the GOP policies are so much better then the poor folks in those states would improve. I’m talking decades in some cases.
Dude. Between you and me, I've called out flaws on the right. You refuse to do so on the left. You're the cult member. Stop with this moronic line of bullshit.

Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc for the past 25 years have always had a large majority of white Republican governors, state legislators, and overwhelmingly white Republican local officials. And for about 1/2 the time they’ve concurrently had white Republicans in the White House and/or Congressional majority.

Are there localized anecdotal spots where tech or an HGTV-show, town redo has done well? Sure!

Please explain why.
After 150 years of Democratic rule. Bama and Arkansas are having influx of business and population. And it’s moving from red to blue. Why? Smart pro growth. Pro education. Pro safety.

https://arkansasadvocate.com/2023/0...ansas-fuels-states-population-growth-in-2022/

I see you chose to ignore the fact that Blue states creates the most homelessness.
Blue states don’t create homelessness. Most homeless folks don’t choose to be homeless but of of these homeless conditions are self inflicted by drug use or mental illness. Has nothing to do with any policies democratic or Republican. Plus there are a fair share of homelessness in red states also for the same reasons.. I saw a lot of homelessness in Phoenix the last time I went. All of the large cities in TX have homelessness. Both red states. Similarly in other red states.

• Haha
Blue states don’t create homelessness. Most homeless folks don’t choose to be homeless but of of these homeless conditions are self inflicted by drug use or mental illness. Has nothing to do with any policies democratic or Republican. Plus there are a fair share of homelessness in red states also for the same reasons.. I saw a lot of homelessness in Phoenix the last time I went. All of the large cities in TX have homelessness. Both red states. Similarly in other red states.
JFC. Arizona has a D governor and Phoenix is the Democratic stronghold of AZ which makes the state purple. Now go to Flagstaff and see if the same issues exist. Or other areas of northern AZ. It’s like saying look at the crime in TN and MS and then realizing it’s Memphis and Jackson which are run by progressives and Soros-funded prosecutors.

The problem for Illinois is that they took the dumb ass Cook County justice policies and went Statewide with sanctuary and SAFE-T Act. Now the complete State is a $hit show. To the Illinois population. Stay home because you voted for it, Don’t export your dumb ideas.

As soon as marijuana was approved in these blue states along with some other drugs, homelessness spiked up almost exponentially.
Exhibit A. Downtown Denver. Every freaking loser w/in a 500 mile radius set up shop and pitched a tent a smoked pot everyday . All day. We have an office there and I have lots of friends. They are so angry. But you couldn’t see this as a result ? People react to incentives. Why live in Nebraska where you are gonna be hassled. I’ll just move to deep blue Denver where the police can’t touch me.

Last edited:
Exhibit A. Downtown Denver. Every freaking loser w/in a 500 mile radius set up shop and pitched a tent a smoked pot everyday . All day. We have an office there and I have lots of friends. They are so angry. But you couldn’t see this as a result ? People react to incentives. Why live in Nebraska where you are gonna be hassled. I’ll just move to deep blue Denver where the police can’t touch me.
My cousin lives on the outskirts of Denver. I’ve seen it before the homelessness issue and now they are camping out all around the capital. It’s sad to see what’s happened to Denver among other once beautiful cities that are now littered with homeless drug addicts.

JFC. Arizona has a D governor and Phoenix is the Democratic stronghold of AZ which makes the state purple. Now go to Flagstaff and see if the same issues exist. Or other areas of northern AZ. It’s like saying look at the crime in TN and MS and then realizing it’s Memphis and Jackson which are run by progressives and Soros-funded prosecutors.

The problem for Illinois is that they took the dumb ass Cook County justice policies and went Statewide with sanctuary and SAFE-T Act. Now the complete State is a $hit show. To the Illinois population. Stay home because you voted for it, Don’t export your dumb ideas.
Lake, a MAGA cultist was Governor of AZ. What did she do to combat the homelessness and the poor in that state.

Y’all keep blaming the dems for this and that. The bottom line is and back to my point. What are the governors in these red states like MS, AL, OK, and AR to name a few doing for the poor? They’ve been red for a long time.

Lake, a MAGA cultist was Governor of AZ. What did she do to combat the homelessness and the poor in that state.

Y’all keep blaming the dems for this and that. The bottom line is and back to my point. What are the governors in these red states like MS, AL, OK, and AR to name a few doing for the poor? They’ve been red for a long time.
I know you are used to being wrong so the following won’t come as a surprise to any in this board.

Lake was never governor of AZ? And she was actually a registered Democrat. And switched parties later in life. Is urban radio telling you she is/was Governor? This is a Biden-debate like mistake.

I have already explained AL. About 1/2 of OK is Indian Territory. This is sovereign land within the state. But their pops will roll into these stats. In general. The non-Indian rez and trust lands are above the economic average. Before you challenge me in this I have over 20 years working as a Federal liaison w/Tribal governments.

Oklahoma economic news:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/bus...ng-nations-best-in-third-quarter/69822592007/

Last edited:

I did the numbers for MS. Over the last 142 years only 20 have been R governors. And not consecutive. Discuss.

I did the numbers for MS. Over the last 142 years only 20 have been R governors. And not consecutive. Discuss.
That’s part of my point. Boilermaker03, you and others always blame the Dems for poverty, crime and whatever else without saying anything about the culpability of the repub administrations. I’m just pointing out that the repub policies hasn’t worked in the repub administrations either. But 03 ignorantly states that it is because they did not have enough time. That’s ridiculous.

• Haha
That’s part of my point. Boilermaker03, you and others always blame the Dems for poverty, crime and whatever else without saying anything about the culpability of the repub administrations. I’m just pointing out that the repub policies hasn’t worked in the repub administrations either. But 03 ignorantly states that it is because they did not have enough time. That’s ridiculous.
Do you even know what you are arguing? You are saying that R policies have done nothing for MS I am showing that Rs can’t be blamed. But you can look at states like TN, SC, GA, AL, FL which have had longer more sustained R control and they are flourishing vs. blue States. MS is the lone laggard. LA has flipped back and forth for 30 years but BR and NOLA which are shit shows and have been controlled by democrats. Yeah Soros!

and if you live in IN you live next to a deep blue state. Are people move from IN to IL? Or to IN from IL? Why is that? If Rs are racists every black resident of IN should make every effort to get into Cook County. Why haven’t they?

To quote Reagan. “Don’t be afraid to see what you see.”

The last 20 years straight and consecutive, and 28 of the last 32 years.

I can Google! Can you?

Hey. You changed your screen name after you couldnt provide citations for your opinions after asking everyone for citations. Cool.

I missed counted 1 administration while posting during working out. My bad. You gonna pin your argument on a small mistake on one state that festered over a century straight of Democrat control? TBH, MS has some inherent issues and it’s gonna be a long slog. Primary is Jackson is owned by progressives.

But now that I have your attention, tell me the States that are enjoying the greatest influx of population? Where are they coming from? And why you think that it?

And as a hat tip to you. Please provide citations.

You were both mistaken.

And Lake is a lunatic
I never said anything positive about Lake. If I did, please provide citation.

But you skipped my other post. Let’s talk the substance of the point. Which you can’t because if you could you would argue on substance and not a de minimis data point. And remember please provide citations.

I never said anything positive about Lake. If I did, please provide citation.

But you skipped my other post. Let’s talk the substance of the point. Which you can’t because if you could you would argue on substance and not a de minimis data point. And remember please provide citations.
I try to refrain from calling people liars. Wrong? Yup … sometimes. I’m wrong or snarky sometimes, but I’m not a liar or deliberately wrong.

I’m lost … citations for what?

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
This is one of the reasons the majority of blacks don't vote Republican. Unbelievable. Then, it is sad and shameful that 3 black congressman voted to reinstate that crap. This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is what I'm saying all along. They unhold white supremacy. Why anyone would erect a confederate moment at the prestigious Arlington National Cemetary in the first place is beyond me. Isn't that a cemetery for US soldiers? You are not going to attract blacks to a political party this way. This has been the republican way since 1968. Anyone here that defends this confederate movement reinstatement is full of crap and you know it.
I have an uncle buried in Arlington who was military. Beside him is his wife who was not. There are other non military buried there as well. That said, most were military.

I have an uncle buried in Arlington who was military. Beside him is his wife who was not. There are other non military buried there as well. That said, most were military.
So what does that have to do with the racist and traitorous confederate monuments at Arlington National Cemetery?

These folks will twist facts and history at will.
Are you not the one who stated above, "Lake, a MAGA cultist was Governor of AZ. What did she do to combat the homelessness and the poor in that state"?

Had she become governor, she would have worked to close the open southern border to reduce homelessness and help the poor by conserving resources for the US citizens in her state, and by tough enforcement of laws. Too bad Arizona is full of dumb dems and couldn't see that. Right, Uncle Pavlov?

I can't believe that there are three posters with presumed college degrees who do not understand that the just cause the South fought for was the State's rights over certain federal laws that were unfair to them. A big problem was that the money they were taxed was all going to the northern states.

I am grateful that one person did take the time to research the Ellsberg Papers.

However, again, the historical knowledge here is abysmal. Richard Nixon was the highest political person who helped the civil rights movement in the fifties. However, when running for President, MLK asked Nixon for a fair on some arrest, and Nixon, knowing this would get national attention, did not respond. Bobby Kennedy did courageously respond and got his brother to act on it. LBJ saw how black voters responded to this and endorsed the Civil Rights Bill; however, it was the Republicans who voted for it and deserve the credit. LBJ is infamous for sayings words to the effect that he endorsed the Bill because he knew the niggas would vote for him for the next two hundred years. Now, sixty years later, it appears the dinosaur, Barry Goldwater, was right. There should have been a better way. The Bill evolved into the division of the black families with way too many single-parent homes. What many white people don't understand is that in the fifties, the black divorce rate was lower than whites, and they went to Church a lot more often. If blacks understood history more clearly, the majority would vote for Trump. When President, their dollar went further. Trump gave generously to black colleges, helped establish entrepreneurs, and passed many more judicial reform laws that were unjust to blacks. BTW, studies showed that police were tougher regarding black deaths were false.
The taxation was an issue, but I’ve already in the past typed other things. It is much more complicated than those that took a casual interest are aware. Sadly too many lives were loss for a war that didn’t have to happen. Too many families split and too many neighbors alienated from each other as well.

The financial aspect of slavery was a component as was state rights, but there was a growing segment of abolitionists coming to grips with John Adams and Thomas Jefferson’s struggles with slavery as he wrote the declaration. Although the USA was late to slave trade and relatively quick compared to others to end it, it is a blight on the country to not recognize the dignity of an individual. I have ancestry that fought for the north with the Indiana troops that died in the notorious Andersonville prison by some cause. The majority of the south soldiers had no slaves and yet fought for the south for other reasons than financial. The majority of the north were somewhat apathetic to the separation until Lincoln reenforced the troops at Ft Sumpter after the south pleaded a few times to not increase the soldiers at Sumpter with the cannons pointed towards the south. Fearful of the escalation the south fired first which led to many in the north now taking an interest in fighting the south. So when the soldiers of the north and the south got together in Gettysburg years later they probably agreed that things could have been accomplished differently and may have shared the below sentiment as well…

So let's leave it alone 'cause we can't see eye to eye
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree

Last edited:
He thinks you're me, I'd just ignore it.
Yup. And I’m not.

There’s some posters on this board that I vehemently disagree with, but none have posts that are as annoying, childish, condescending , and as consistently free of substance as Riveting. His posts are a special kind of cringeworthy.

Yup. And I’m not.

There’s some posters on this board that I vehemently disagree with, but none have posts that are as annoying, childish, condescending , and as consistently free of substance as Riveting. His posts are a special kind of cringeworthy.
I came here presuming that a group of, ostensibly, college-educated people would be able to argue honestly, but have largely found that not to be the case. So, my post frequency has dropped significantly. Check in every once in awhile to see what kind of nonsense is ongoing, but I'll admit it's been quite disappointing. I agree that Riveting is a particularly dishonest interlocutor, including the insistence that I am another poster -- though it's a bit entertaining to see how confidently wrong someone can be -- and never directly answering a question, so I don't respond to their posts anymore, full stop.

Insert post about how you and I conversing is actually me "talking to myself" in order to keep up the ruse in 3...2...1...

I came here presuming that a group of, ostensibly, college-educated people would be able to argue honestly, but have largely found that not to be the case. So, my post frequency has dropped significantly. Check in every once in awhile to see what kind of nonsense is ongoing, but I'll admit it's been quite disappointing. I agree that Riveting is a particularly dishonest interlocutor, including the insistence that I am another poster -- though it's a bit entertaining to see how confidently wrong someone can be -- and never directly answering a question, so I don't respond to their posts anymore, full stop.

Insert post about how you and I conversing is actually me "talking to myself" in order to keep up the ruse in 3...2...1...
Well stated. I took a break and it was a good idea. There are a few that just have strong different opinions. That’s cool. But the racism, xenophobia, conspiracy theories, and constant obtuse nonsense are really saddening.

Reactions: JBoiler23
So, my post frequency has dropped significantly.
But not significantly enough, JM.

Talk to yourself about your proven lie about Ashley Biden, and about your ridicule of grieving Goldstar families, and then don't report back with your findings, JM.

So what does that have to do with the racist and traitorous confederate monuments at Arlington National Cemetery?
Well because one side was no more racist than the other and already tried to explain the complications of the war a bit. I also corrected that there were people other than soldiers buried in Arlington. The disgust you have for the south is misguided. It shows a biased understanding of the reality of the war which only took place due to Ft Sumpter...a war based upon seceding from the union. I also in the past noted that New York in particular (and others I seem to recall) considered seceding prior to the southern states and believe that right was understood before signing the constitution in order to get their signatures. I don't see the one sided view you hold on the war. There was almost a secession due to the War of 1812 50 years earlier. Possibly, unlike you... I had a relative that did fight for the north that no doubt was tortured in Andersonville and so there are reasons I suppose I could take a simple view of the event that cost more lives than all the wars of WW 1&2, Korean and Vietnam put together. Seeing history through 20th century eyes in a myopic fashion can be misguided without the relative understandings in the proper domain.

It is somewhat similar to some Christians that believe Christ had brothers since brethren is mentioned unaware that the word "cousin" did not exist and in one place a "cousin" was brethren. There are things we know, and there are things we know we don't know, but it is the things we don't know that we don't know, that can lead us to many false assumptions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT