ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs Houston now on ESPN2

DrEss

All-American
Aug 25, 2001
Started watching with about 5 minutes to go in the 2nd. I saw an air ball of a 3 point shot attempt and a head down drive to the hoop into a triple team and thru up a backwards miss. Sampson sat him most of the last 3 minutes after that.

Last edited:
Sauce sat on the bench during the entire overtime. KS went with the true freshman instead. I guess he's a better coach on the floor

Started watching with about 5 minutes to go in the 2nd. I saw an air ball of a 3 point shot attempt and a head down drive to the hoop into a triple team and thru up a backwards miss. Sampson sat him most of the last 3 minutes after that.
I'm sure Pops is in his ear right now, telling him about "better options".

Reactions: oldboiler52

I missed the air ball 3 pointer. Did see the head down drive. They forced him right. He took it, got close to the rim, and shot a lefthanded (while driving right) airball/layup. Then on D, his guy took him off the dribble, Sauce hacked his arm as he went in for and And-1 layup.

RJ sat the rest of the game and overtime (with the exception of 15 seconds at end of regulation).

To RJ's credit, he seemed engaged while sitting on the bench. Not pouting. Hope he grew up and wish him nothing but the best. But still glad he has moved on from Purdue. Not a good fit (may have been his own doing) and didnt help team chemistry.

Our Boilers were 31-35 with RJ running the show. We're 32-13 since he left.

I don't bear the guy any ill-will, but there's nothing he can do at Houston that would make me regret his leaving or want him back.

I think you'd find a group of those who post regularly (or semi-regularly) who would share this sentiment.....plenty of others who don't......to each his own. I'm in the former camp like you.

I think if you could get both of them to be completely candid, CMP and RJ would probably admit it could have been dealt with better.....regardless of the fact that it just wasn't going to work out and without going into accusations about the reasons.

I've resisted the need to revisit this battleground; ultimately, RJ made his bed.....never too soon or too late to learn some life lessons.

I think you'd find a group of those who post regularly (or semi-regularly) who would share this sentiment.....plenty of others who don't......to each his own. I'm in the former camp like you.

I think if you could get both of them to be completely candid, CMP and RJ would probably admit it could have been dealt with better.....regardless of the fact that it just wasn't going to work out and without going into accusations about the reasons.

I've resisted the need to revisit this battleground; ultimately, RJ made his bed.....never too soon or too late to learn some life lessons.

Wait, there are posters on this board who miss RJ?? Come on.

Wait, there are posters on this board who miss RJ?? Come on.

No.....sorry to confuse.....I can see how that comes out, now. Poor choice of expression.

I meant others probably have more of a problem with the whole situation and RJ. I don't think anyone is sorry he left, or I haven't seen it.

To be fair, though, it wasn't just RJ.

This team is so much better now than it was 3 and 4 years ago. AJ is much more consistent, and nobody on those teams could really compare to Edwards, Swanigan and Haas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT