ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of Hate for Purdue on Social Media

tumblr_o58t914lf41sl21koo1_540.gif

I have an "X" account but legitimately have never tweeted... Er is is X'd now...? Anyway never used it... Full of garbage people and its depressing to see how many people are brain dead/ garbage/ racist ect ect...

Reactions: pushal
Man, people hate winners. I love it. I hope rival fans hate us for years to come. The best one I read….Purdue wouldn’t be as good without Edey. Geez.
Not from this Rutgers alum or many of the alums on Rutgers Rivals. We're really happy for all of you, Matt Painter, Zac Edey and company, and the rest of the coaches. Way to go! You deserve this. Go celebrate!!!

Haters gonna hate - if you can’t be happy for Purdue making their first Final Four since 1980 coupled with last year - well I don’t know what to say except: The Redemption Tour is real!
I am happy that Purdue won, I was referring to the people Steve83 pointed out.

Reactions: boilerzz
I have an "X" account but legitimately have never tweeted... Er is is X'd now...? Anyway never used it... Full of garbage people and its depressing to see how many people are brain dead/ garbage/ racist ect ect...
I see stupid people. They are everywhere and walk around unaware of their stupidity. It is quite depressing

People are saying refs helped us. The absolute ****ing buffoonery to look at ft disparity to make that claim.

Tenn and every team we play's entire gameplan is to foul EVERY posession amd dare them to call 20% of them.

By rule it is an INSTANT WHISTLE as soon as anyone puts 2 hands on an offensive player or 2 arms in a defenders back in the post.

The ENTIRE GAME tenn did this and got called for the 2 hand rule like TWICE in 40 minutes. They hacked arms grabbed pulled numerous times with no calls.

Then on the other end as if to try to even the foul calls out they legit were blowing phantom whistles on us when they would drive. Like legit phantom ones.

Watching that game or any of our games and coming away with us having advantage from refs is absolute stupidity.

Just because edey is legit impossible to guard within the rules does NOT MEAN that they should suddenly stop being called for fouls.

**** every single person complaining that refs were on our side.

Should have been 2 or 3 times more calls our way if the game was officiated properly

People are saying refs helped us. The absolute ****ing buffoonery to look at ft disparity to make that claim.

Tenn and every team we play's entire gameplan is to foul EVERY posession amd dare them to call 20% of them.

By rule it is an INSTANT WHISTLE as soon as anyone puts 2 hands on an offensive player or 2 arms in a defenders back in the post.

The ENTIRE GAME tenn did this and got called for the 2 hand rule like TWICE in 40 minutes. They hacked arms grabbed pulled numerous times with no calls.

Then on the other end as if to try to even the foul calls out they legit were blowing phantom whistles on us when they would drive. Like legit phantom ones.

Watching that game or any of our games and coming away with us having advantage from refs is absolute stupidity.

Just because edey is legit impossible to guard within the rules does NOT MEAN that they should suddenly stop being called for fouls.

**** every single person complaining that refs were on our side.

Should have been 2 or 3 times more calls our way if the game was officiated properly
The question that the announcers use that I absolutely hate is, how are the refs supposed to officiate this guy? The answer is a simple, just like everybody else. A 2 hand check is a foul on anybody. Grabbing someone’s arm is a foul on anybody. Getting held around the waist is a foul on anybody.
These announcers seem to think it’s so unfair that he has such a size advantage, that it should be penalized. A Note to the announcers: there are no rules in college basketball or pro basketball about size limits, big or small. You can play the smallest team you want or the biggest team you want. No rules say you can’t and no rules saying the officiating should be different against those type of players.

i don’t get the hate on the style of basketball!? This was 90’s pound it down low and hack a Shaq, pounding defense. The best to watch in my opinion. Not this barrage of 3pt attempts the nba has become. TN vs Purdue was a great performance by both student athletes. This goes down as the greatest in the modern history of Purdue sports. Making a final 4 with a 40pt, 16 rebound performance! And THAT BLOCK was the Rocky movie knock out punch. Damn I love this team!!! Pure magic

The question that the announcers use that I absolutely hate is, how are the refs supposed to officiate this guy? The answer is a simple, just like everybody else. A 2 hand check is a foul on anybody. Grabbing someone’s arm is a foul on anybody. Getting held around the waist is a foul on anybody.
These announcers seem to think it’s so unfair that he has such a size advantage, that it should be penalized. A Note to the announcers: there are no rules in college basketball or pro basketball about size limits, big or small. You can play the smallest team you want or the biggest team you want. No rules say you can’t and no rules saying the officiating should be different against those type of players.
Good point and very true. I understand ehat thry are saying when maybe at times edey initiates some contact but the vast majority of the time he is strait up being fouled and its obvious

Great rant!

Reactions: wferrel
Social media is a cesspool.

That said, you know how when you're out in public you have to see and deal with a large amount of stupidity? The great thing about social media is you can make idiots disappear. I've eliminated a ton of idiots from my social media world this season. The population in the states of Illinois and Tennessee have declined dramatically.

The online hate has also fueled this team and energized the fan base.

With that said there are a lot more people rooting for Purdue because of what happened this year and the fact history could repeat itself similar to what Virginia did.

The people rooting for Purdue are not going to troll social media the same way others will whine about the refs.

Social media is a cesspool.

That said, you know how when you're out in public you have to see and deal with a large amount of stupidity? The great thing about social media is you can make idiots disappear. I've eliminated a ton of idiots from my social media world this season. The population in the states of Illinois and Tennessee have declined dramatically.
Idk about tenn but I live in Illinois and this is an ongoing saga with the census bureau that is simply not true and continues to get spread.

Looooong story short the census admitted an undercount of 252k in illinois in 2020 putting our population over 13 million for the first time ever. Then a few months ago they came out and just admitted another undercount of 40k people from then too.

This is while before 2020 "estimating" we had lost 300k to 400k people and instead gained almost 300k. Thats a 600k to 700k "oopsie"

And since then all of their "estimates" have been using the same methodology as before and estimating losses. It simply isnt true.

Southern Illinois is almost certainly losing people, cook county and the collar counties are booming. Chicago metro has been one of the top home price growth metros for like 12 months running, including number 1 for like 8 in a row.

I wish this narrative would die but the census is absolutely horrid

Reactions: TC4THREE
Lolol. Everyone is going to be rooting for the double digit seed with Burns
Some will. I do think there's a number of fans that might be cheering for the best championship game (in their opinion) and most of the year the narrative was there's a clear cut top 3 of UCONN, Purdue, and Houston. I think many cbb fans will cheer for the Purdue/UCONN matchup to come to fruition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT