ADVERTISEMENT

Little Rock Arkansas, North Texas, St. Pete, Fairleigh Dickinson #Painter

I can still picture PJ Thompson dribbling the air out of the ball, not really adamant to get over half court.

Ugh.

I almost forgot about Robbie’s last game against Kansas in the second round of 2011. IIRC didn’t he play prevent ball the last 15 minutes or so … which allowed Kansas to catch up? I felt that game was a winnable game that was choked away by poor game management.
LOL. Are either of you 2 bozos actually Purdue fans?

Yep.

CMP crushes kids' confidence when they get on campus, they no longer play free, but play afraid to make a mistake.

I considered this too some time ago that he couldn't coach more athletic guards and crushes them.

Then there was Edwards & Ivey. That kind of blows that theory.

I considered this too some time ago that he couldn't coach more athletic guards and crushes them.

Then there was Edwards & Ivey. That kind of blows that theory.
Those two are outliers if there ever were...they were in complete control of the game in many ways, and when they can't stop scoring, all any coach as to do is go on cruise control and let them do their thing.

I think of a player, for example, like Furst. He played with a joy and passion and was super dynamic in HS. Now he plays timid and passes up open shots all the time, especially in the game the other night. He's too scared to make a mistake and get yanked.

Those two are outliers if there ever were...they were in complete control of the game in many ways, and when they can't stop scoring, all any coach as to do is go on cruise control and let them do their thing.

I think of a player, for example, like Furst. He played with a joy and passion and was super dynamic in HS. Now he plays timid and passes up open shots all the time, especially in the game the other night. He's too scared to make a mistake and get yanked.
E’Twaun, Dakota, Cline… more outliers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT