ADVERTISEMENT

Little Rock Arkansas, North Texas, St. Pete, Fairleigh Dickinson #Painter

MetMyWifeAtHarrys

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2011
The kids come and go...CMP is the common denominator.

This will not change, just like coach does not change or adapt or get the kids ready.

Might as well stop watching in March...so sad.

Purdue has reached their ceiling with this coach, people that are happy with this crap deserve this historical L tonight.

Later.

There is a reason no one had Purdue coming out of their region to a final 4... Because its never happened under CMP and never will... His ceiling is sweet 16. The elite 8 year was a similar fluke to what Tom Crean was able to do at Marquette with D wade... Painter is way too strict and I've noticed this from day 1. The young kids on the team generally do not improve throughout year 1. They always struggle compaired to what they should do. You can see when his team's start to over think because of his coaching style. Once they begin to overthink they begin to panic and once they panic its already over... We have seen it time and time and time again... Just watch them againt the press... I swear Purdue wouldn't win a game if every team just came in and fully commited to pressing Purdue up the court. I stopped watching this game after watching about a total of 7 minutes because I saw all the signs of a team who is over thinking and tense... I certainly didn't expect this though... CMP is the opposite of Izzo...

This will not change, just like coach does not change or adapt or get the kids ready.

Purdue has reached their ceiling with this coach, people that are happy with this crap deserve this historical L tonight.

Later.
Had you told me that Keady would be able to pick his successor, thanks Morgan, I could have told you that 35 years ago1

Had you told me that Keady would be able to pick his successor, thanks Morgan, I could have told you that 35 years ago1
I think we're all in agreement that it's time to make a change. Painter got Purdue back in the national conversation, but this type of repeated failure is indicative of a major coaching deficiency. He just cannot handle the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. No team in the history of the sport has lost to a 13, 15, and 16 in successive seasons. That's historic ineptitude. Get him out of here, now. We have a good core that can compete, but we can't have a coach that's unable.

So you want Catchings and Colvin to go elsewhere because this team choked tonite? Quit being a crybaby.
Why is it crying if we want better or don't want to make history in a bad way?

We are having this discussion because Painter has consistently been bad in the tournament or you aren't defending and we aren't complaining.. He is bad in the tourney and that's not an opinion.

We are having this discussion because Painter has consistently been bad in the tournament or you aren't defending and we aren't complaining.. He is bad in the tourney and that's not an opinion.
So you want Catchings and Colvin to go elsewhere because this team choked tonite?

So you want Catchings and Colvin to go elsewhere because this team choked tonite? Quit being a crybaby.
Really? Dude, I know you're nutty based on unrelated posts, but get your head out of your rear end. Yeah, it's time to FIRE a coach that isn't living up to expectations. If these players leave because of it, that's the way it goes. I'm sure Painter would win 26 games with them and lose to massive underdog. You know, his way.

Historically bad - the past three years are 13-15-16 seeds beating Purdue. Nobody, ever, in the history of the game has had that record. That's really something else. It's historic failure.

Really? Dude, I know you're nutty based on unrelated posts, but get your head out of your rear end. Yeah, it's time to FIRE a coach that isn't living up to expectations. If these players leave because of it, that's the way it goes. I'm sure Painter would win 26 games with them and lose to massive underdog. You know, his way.
Get your head out of your ass. He’s not getting fired.

A bunch of emotional, irrational crybabies on here tonite…

Later.
You’re an idiot. Who is Purdue going to get that’s better than Painter?

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Nobody. But he needs to recruit better athletes.
What? We won the Big Ten with these athletes.

We need to quit being dumbass choke artists and learn how to make a team pay for pressing and fouling, and figure out a way to get the ball to our best player.

Nobody. But he needs to recruit better athletes.
Idk... our football program seems to have it figured out. We honestly should've went after a guy like Shaheen Hollaway.

If you look at teams that make deep runs into tournaments (whether they are a high or low seed), they have coaches that ENCOURAGE, MOTIVATE and INSPIRE their players so that they can believe that they can do it. We sometimes forget that these are still kids after all.

Does Painter seem to motivate his players? or Does he seem to make them afraid of screwing up?

To me it seems more like the latter, which may have some clues into why he has trouble attracting (and retaining) top talent.

Enjoy your vanilla life of mediocrity.

Some of us want to do better than what he is capable of, clearly. Just saying 'who can we get that's better' is such a loser mentality...what industry operates like this? If someone fails so blatantly at a huge aspect of their job, they usually get replaced.

Why do people always parrot this line as if it’s somehow impossible to find a coach that won’t lose to 13, 15, and 16 seeds in consecutive years. No other coach in history has lost to a play-in 16 seed in round one. So who could we get that’s better? Maybe literally anyone based on the history that was made last night.

These amazing players completely lose their edge and what made them unique and dominant in high school once they get on campus (mental beast mode).

The become pedestrian company men once CMP gets a hold of them, its really sad.
I stumbled upon some recent highlights of players that he “rejected” or “made them ride the pine” (ie anyone remember Kelsey Barlow?)

Kelsey Barlow ended up turning into a legitimate 6’6” ball handling outside threat while playing overseas, just to name one. Under painter’s scheme, he turned into nothing but an occasional highlight reel but mostly the scapegoat of Painter’s ire.

It’s No wonder that he completely strikes out on instant impact players. He seems to only do well with “coach’s pet” co rec league types (of course there are a couple exceptions).

I stumbled upon some recent highlights of players that he “rejected” or “made them ride the pine” (ie anyone remember Kelsey Barlow?)

Kelsey Barlow ended up turning into a legitimate 6’6” ball handling outside threat while playing overseas, just to name one. Under painter’s scheme, he turned into nothing but an occasional highlight reel but mostly the scapegoat of Painter’s ire.

It’s No wonder that he completely strikes out on instant impact players. He seems to only do well with “coach’s pet” co rec league types (of course there are a couple exceptions).
Exactly. And once in a while a Carsen Edwards shows up and just balls out and carries the entire team and its coaching staff. Or we get a once in a lifetime player like Robbie Hummel who just happens to be so solid in every way that he just trips and falls backwards into what CMP wants out of his players top to bottom.

More telling is how PJ Thompson is on paid staff...a player who could never figure out the simplest ways to counter any sort of press or ball pressure with his coach is now working alongside him...'teaching' players how to not handle the press or ball pressure. Just ridiculous on so many levels.

Exactly. And once in a while a Carsen Edwards shows up and just balls out and carries the entire team and its coaching staff. Or we get a once in a lifetime player like Robbie Hummel who just happens to be so solid in every way that he just trips and falls backwards into what CMP wants out of his players top to bottom.

More telling is how PJ Thompson is on paid staff...a player who could never figure out the simplest ways to counter any sort of press or ball pressure with his coach is now working alongside him...'teaching' players how to not handle the press or ball pressure. Just ridiculous on so many levels.
I almost forgot about Robbie’s last game against Kansas in the second round of 2011. IIRC didn’t he play prevent ball the last 15 minutes or so … which allowed Kansas to catch up? I felt that game was a winnable game that was choked away by poor game management.

I almost forgot about Robbie’s last game against Kansas in the second round of 2011. IIRC didn’t he play prevent ball the last 15 minutes or so … which allowed Kansas to catch up? I felt that game was a winnable game that was choked away by poor game management.
I can still picture PJ Thompson dribbling the air out of the ball, not really adamant to get over half court.

Ugh.

I like to live in reality. CMP is going to be our coach next year.
Maybe if Colvin doesn’t come, some guys transfer and we have a terrible season, maybe that will force MBob to make the change. Or Painter reads these boards and decides to resign?
I’d make that trade for a complete collapse next year.

Reactions: clankhan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT