ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Matt Painter Petition...

What I'm waiting to hear is CMP actually say he is on board with NIL. The last comment I heard from him on that subject was something to the affect "If your into NIL then Purdue probably isn't for you".

That attitude right there must change, and I want to hear him say it or prove he's changed by making a major move on a transfer with NIL. If he doesn't, next year's team ceiling just got lower.

What I'm waiting to hear is CMP actually say he is on board with NIL. The last comment I heard from him on that subject was something to the affect "If your into NIL then Purdue probably isn't for you".

That attitude right there must change, and I want to hear him say it or prove he's changed by making a major move on a transfer with NIL. If he doesn't, next year's team ceiling just got lower.
I hate NIL, but I agree with you.

First of all, I went to Purdue when Painter played. I like him as a person and I think he a good regular season coach, but not many people outside of the Midwest care much about BIG titles and certainly not the national media calling Purdue the "Choke Artist Program of the Decade" etc...
College basketball is all about March and us losing to North Texas (#13), St. Peters (#15), Fairleigh Dickinson (#16) along with Little Rock etc. are not acceptable for program like Purdue.

The head coach is the CEO of their program, so when you have failed on the biggest stage you should be accountable for his failure.
I think Painter has become too comfortable, too stubborn and too rigid for the good of Purdue.
So with this petition, this is your chance to voice your displeasure with Matt Painter.
This might not get him fired but it should be put him on notice to at the very least to make major changes if he wants keep his job.

I am sure Matt knows he is in the cross hairs after that FDU loss. Let me explain something to poster's like you Boilerinchitown. You don't fire a coach for losing in the NCAA Tournament. You fire a coach for not making the NCAA Tournament unless you are ate up fans like down in Kentucky. Now last year Purdue sold out every game. So there is THAT. HOW INSANE are post like this? Yes it was embarrassing losing that game. Purdue won THREE TROPHIES this past season and had the player of the year who Matt developed. You want people to sign a petition to fire Painter. I get it... I will read replies you are happy just to make the Tournament. YES I am happy to make the tournament. You have a 15 seed for 2nd year in sweet 16. The tournament is a lottery ticket to win the championship. Wisconsin won big 10 last year and missed the tourney. Purdue will either not extend Matt's contract and I think Matt will say the heck with it and leave for another job before he ever gets fired. CHRIS HOLTZMAN AT OSU is an example of a coach who might be on hot seat. He had talent and didn't make the tournament and has not won any Big 10 titles and lost early last year and lost as a 2 seed year before.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I am sure Matt knows he is in the cross hairs after that FDU loss. Let me explain something to poster's like you Boilerinchitown. You don't fire a coach for losing in the NCAA Tournament. You fire a coach for not making the NCAA Tournament unless you are ate up fans like down in Kentucky. Now last year Purdue sold out every game. So there is THAT. HOW INSANE are post like this? Yes it was embarrassing losing that game. Purdue won THREE TROPHIES this past season and had the player of the year who Matt developed. You want people to sign a petition to fire Painter. I get it... I will read replies you are happy just to make the Tournament. YES I am happy to make the tournament. You have a 15 seed for 2nd year in sweet 16. The tournament is a lottery ticket to win the championship. Wisconsin won big 10 last year and missed the tourney. Purdue will either not extend Matt's contract and I think Matt will say the heck with it and leave for another job before he ever gets fired. CHRIS HOLTZMAN AT OSU is an example of a coach who might be on hot seat. He had talent and didn't make the tournament and has not won any Big 10 titles and lost early last year and lost as a 2 seed year before.
BTW I saw this post by a Purdue rep on youtube. Right after the loss to FDU he looked up in stands at player's families. One of the player's Mom said "NO ONE DIED" She is right. It is Entertainment. It is March madness and unfortunately Purdue has been part of the madness lore last few years. As embarrassing as the loss was for Purdue. If Purdue came out and FIRED Matt Painter today. That would be even more embarrassing for the school. Now hey going forward if the Purdue program starts to falter. Losing, not making the tournament. Then hey fire Painter. I know there is a % of the Purdue fan base that will now be hoping Purdue struggles so Matt will be fired.

Last edited:
BTW I saw this post by a Purdue rep on youtube. Right after the loss to FDU he looked up in stands at player's families. One of the player's Mom said "NO ONE DIED" She is right. It is Entertainment. It is March madness and unfortunately Purdue has been part of the madness lore last few years. As embarrassing as the loss was for Purdue. If Purdue came out and FIRED Matt Painter today. That would be even more embarrassing for the school. Now hey going forward if the Purdue program starts to falter. Losing, not making the tournament. Then hey fire Painter. I know there is a % of the Purdue fan base that will now be hoping Purdue struggles so Matt will be fired.
Painter's coaching is A++ but his roster management in the NIL era is more like a C- or worse.

To even get to the tournament as #1 seed and BIG Conference Regular Season and tournament champions with two freshman guards and the other playing SF is an incredible accomplishment itself.

But it's an entirely self inflicted problem.

I know the AD and Purdue's coaches are really into anti-NIL platitudes but at some point you need athletic guards to be able to win games reliably in the tournament.

NIL is a huge advantage to Painter because now he has immediate access to athletic guards he could never had sniffed 10 years ago.

Reactions: titaniumbolt
Painter's coaching is A++ but his roster management in the NIL era is more like a C- or worse.

To even get to the tournament as #1 seed and BIG Conference Regular Season and tournament champions with two freshman guards and the other playing SF is an incredible accomplishment itself.

But it's an entirely self inflicted problem.

I know the AD and Purdue's coaches are really into anti-NIL platitudes but at some point you need athletic guards to be able to win games reliably in the tournament.

NIL is a huge advantage to Painter because now he has immediate access to athletic guards he could never had sniffed 10 years ago.
Who is the freshman 3? Brian hardly played

Lol. What does Dowuona have to do with wheeler and eifert?

Are you saying that in a free throw rebounding situation, you’d rather have Eifert rather than Wheeler or Big Cat?
I understand that I'm trying to communicate with someone who clearly doesn't follow Purdue basketball and is just here to play. And that's OK. This is a place for people of all ages.

No, I don't think we needed 800k, he would have signed earlier for much to play for Purdue for much less but we offered $0 so he decided to wait for additional offers
Then why didn't you offer? Painter can't offer. Purdue can't offer. Why didn't you offer, if it is so important to you? In fact, you can correct your mistake and offer today, since it still bothers you.

I understand that I'm trying to communicate with someone who clearly doesn't follow Purdue basketball and is just here to play. And that's OK. This is a place for people of all ages.
What an astute piece of writing, why bother even capitalizing your username?

No, I don't think we needed 800k, he would have signed earlier for much to play for Purdue for much less but we offered $0 so he decided to wait for additional offers
Purdue can't offer any money. Please get that straight! The NIL money must come from outside. It was offered, but it was less than $800k. The offer was never zero, and it was never from Purdue.

I’m hoping he does change but I have very little faith he will.
I think Painters Biggest change will be Loyer and Smith being a year older.
I do hope that Painter has Zach work on making quicker decisions.
When a guy doubles down on him he needs to hit the man left open and not fake with the ball passes for what seems like eternity.

I think Painters Biggest change will be Loyer and Smith being a year older.
I do hope that Painter has Zach work on making quicker decisions.
When a guy doubles down on him he needs to hit the man left open and not fake with the ball passes for what seems like eternity.
:( that doesn’t make things all that much better.

I think we need at least 1 combo guard that can get his own shot and 1 wing that can shoot

If they both are impactful contributors yes but I think that may be asking a lot of them as freshmen. (Although Colvin does have the potential, kinda wish DGL didn’t de commit)
Heide been here, so he knows the system and he wasn't under-sized to begin with. See no reason why a jump shooter with decent size and hops should struggle because of his age.
Colvin will play, and will impact.

The coach has nothing,or supposed to be nothing,to do with NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT