ADVERTISEMENT

Line of the game from one of the announcers...

Jan 25, 2017
SoCal
Did anyone else hear the line below late in the game referring to Purdue's hapless offensive play and continuous mishaps (penalties and dropped balls). Things were so bad and depressing, I hear the line below and got a good laugh. I saw the movie as a kid and the comment was so dead on. Every now and then one of these announcers has a good one.

"I've seen this movie before. (silence). Yeah, I've seen this movie before, The Island of Misfit Toys".

Did anyone else hear the line below late in the game referring to Purdue's hapless offensive play and continuous mishaps (penalties and dropped balls). Things were so bad and depressing, I hear the line below and got a good laugh. I saw the movie as a kid and the comment was so dead on. Every now and then one of these announcers has a good one.

"I've seen this movie before. (silence). Yeah, I've seen this movie before, The Island of Misfit Toys".
yes, that was Matt Millen. He made a comment in the Wisky game after their LB made that crucial int. and said "that's why bad teams don't beat good teams" and my wife who is a big psu fan was watching the game w/ me said "that's a terrible thing to say and he shouldn't have said that" I didn't have a problem w/ it , I knew what he meant.

Reactions: samcboiler
Matt Millen can pound sand for years to come, great football player back in the day, lousy at everything else he does. C ya dude

Matt Millen knows how to criticize. He had several years of experience being the punchline of the NFL critics. I'm sure if he was taking notes, the same things were said by many about the teams he was in charge of.

Reactions: 1869er
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT