ADVERTISEMENT

Lindy's Preview.........

Man are you guys really underestimating how good this kid is...There's no way you saw the WC game, with this type of comment. They had no one that could defend him, one on one; And WC was very, very good defensively. They doubled and triple him most of the night. Was very physical. He never once wavered. He was, I believe, 8-13 from the floor. MOF, WC opened the scoring, leading 2-0. Then Langford went on a personal 10-0 run. After that, almost every single time he touched the ball, WC doubled him immediately.
Langford was really good against top notch competition. Really, really good.
As for this team not "being put together" well---Meh, not really. PG is the question. Green had his moments. But he's not a PG. But 4* Phinisee is. Miller just needs someone to get the ball to Smith, Morgan and Romeo. And do so without turning the ball over. Phinisee is going to be a really good, sturdy PG for IU. Look for him to start by conference. McRoberts starting isn't that big if an issue. He's tough as nails. A really good defender. Probalem last year with him starting is that IU needed for him to score. That WAS a problem. This year, they do not. That area is covered.
As for Morgan being overrated....Not sure how you come to this; Other than being a Purdue fan of course...If he's been able to develop a jump shot, Morgan's going to be a big, big problem for the conference. He's a tough guard already. He consistently starts to hit a jumper? Yikes.
I like the make-up of this team. PG is a big question. Interior depth(Davis) as well. But I like the freshman; especially Hunter. I think this team has some growing pains early. But I do feel by the time conference rolls around, IU's going to be a pretty tough out.

You are on a Purdue board. I have given my honest and fair feedback. I grew up cheering for IU and went to some games to watch a player associated with my family when they were pretty good. My favorite player growing up was Calbert Cheaney. I also really liked Brian Evans and Allen Henderson. My favorite Big Ten non-Boiler is Jerome Hunter. My opinion has nothing to do with hating IU, although I enjoy the rivalry. IU has been terrible the last two years. I don’t see one player coming in as a true freshman and fixing everything. I think IU will get back to the tournament, but if they miss it, I wouldn’t be surprised either. I think folks are sleeping on Purdue because they lost the ‘14 class. I think there will be some major growing pains early, but having one of the best players in the country will ease some of those pains. If Eastern and Haarms make the jump, EB picks up right where he left off, and they can get what they expect out of Wheeler, Purdue will compete for the Big championship and stay ranked all year. I don’t think they are big ifs either. Those are expectations.

You are on a Purdue board. I have given my honest and fair feedback. I grew up cheering for IU and went to some games to watch a player associated with my family when they were pretty good. My favorite player growing up was Calbert Cheaney. I also really liked Brian Evans and Allen Henderson. My favorite Big Ten non-Boiler is Jerome Hunter. My opinion has nothing to do with hating IU, although I enjoy the rivalry. IU has been terrible the last two years. I don’t see one player coming in as a true freshman and fixing everything. I think IU will get back to the tournament, but if they miss it, I wouldn’t be surprised either. I think folks are sleeping on Purdue because they lost the ‘14 class. I think there will be some major growing pains early, but having one of the best players in the country will ease some of those pains. If Eastern and Haarms make the jump, EB picks up right where he left off, and they can get what they expect out of Wheeler, Purdue will compete for the Big championship and stay ranked all year. I don’t think they are big ifs either. Those are expectations.
The "If game" works both ways. If Romeo is as advertised, Green and Smith make the jump, Fitzner provides great Big depth, and Hunter has a big impact as a freshman, IU will compete for a Big Ten championship, and stay ranked all year. I dont think those are big ifs either. Those are expectations.

*Also, I know you dont really care about my thoughts, but I'm at the airport on a flight delay, so I figured I would provide them*

Reactions: mathboy
I dont think that IU team is well put together. They may surprise me, but I am not buying in. Morgan is overrated (imo), and a lot is going to be put on Romeo. When Romeo went up against Bane and Bell, athletic defenders, his numbers went down. .
Romeo was 8-13 vs Warren Central, for 35 points. After WC scored the first bucket of the game, Langford scored the next 10. After that, he was mostly doubled each time he touched the ball. WC, probably the states best defensive team, had no answer for him individually.

He's a senior, who's a terrific defender. With a coach like Miller, McRoberts is going to get minutes. Dude just makes plays. I don't think IU will be in trouble if McRoberts is getting 20 minutes a game. His defense is going to allow him that. I mean he was 5th in the Big 10 in overall steals, and led IU with a steal rate of 3.6 per game. And heck, he wasn't a bad shooter. 40% from three' though on a very small scale(33 attempts). McRoberts is that guy who makes samrt, basketball plays. Winning plays, i.e. running down loose balls, gets on the floor, grabbing timely rebounds, steals...Just a ton of small stuff that we as fans don't appreciate. Look I was one of the biggest "McBob haters" there was. Until I started paying attention. Kids a winner. NO he ain't gonna make any 1st, 2nd or 3rd teams...Or score a ton of points for you. But he's a defensive rat. He's a guy who makes winning plays. Smart decisions. In other words, on the norm, he's not going to hurt you. 9 times out 10, he's goig to do something that helps you win.

I said what I said. It isn’t necessarily a knock on Mcroberts. It just means nobody stepped up in the way that was expected. Mcroberts is an OK player. But they are going to need somebody to step up and be great at that position. Purdue is in the same boy with Grady. Nobody plays harder and he has a nose for the ball. Doesn’t kill you with mistakes and is tough. However, if he is starting, it means Wheeler or EB didn’t develop as expected. If Mcroberts is starting over Hunter/Smith/Langford, that means they didn’t develop as planned. Especially with the PG questions. Puts way more strain on Morgan and Romeo. Both of which I think are overrated (you can’t convince me otherwise. They can, by proving it during the season though. But in preseason, you would be wasting your typing fingers).

Last edited:
Reactions: NC_Trojan10
Don't agree with IU being terrible last year. Average, yes. But terrible? No. And I can play the "what if games
as well.

IF Romeo is as advertised.......
IF Hunter is the impact frosh believed to be........
IF Fitzner provides the shooting........
IF Davis is healthy.........
So on and so on....

I think both teams are very capable of being a ton better than what most think.

Puts way more strain on Morgan and Romeo. Both of which I think are overrated (you can’t convince me otherwise. They can, by pricing t during the season though. But in preseason, you would be wasting your typing fingers).
Ok. Just curious, what makes you feel Langford is overrated? I mean, how many times did you see him play? Just curious.

Man are you guys really underestimating how good this kid is...There's no way you saw the WC game, with this type of comment. They had no one that could defend him, one on one; And WC was very, very good defensively. They doubled and triple him most of the night. Was very physical. He never once wavered. He was, I believe, 8-13 from the floor. MOF, WC opened the scoring, leading 2-0. Then Langford went on a personal 10-0 run. After that, almost every single time he touched the ball, WC doubled him immediately.
As for this team not "being put together" well---Meh, not really. PG is the question. Green had his moments. But he's not a PG. But 4* Phinisee is. Miller just needs someone to get the ball to Smith, Morgan and Romeo. And do so without turning the ball over. Phinisee is going to be a really good, sturdy PG for IU. Look for him to start by conference. McRoberts starting isn't that big if an issue. He's tough as nails. A really good defender. Probalem last year with him starting is that IU needed for him to score. That WAS a problem. This year, they do not. That area is covered.
As for Morgan being overrated....Not sure how you come to this; Other than being a Purdue fan of course...If he's been able to develop a jump shot, Morgan's going to be a big, big problem for the conference. He's a tough guard already. He consistently starts to hit a jumper? Yikes.
I like the make-up of this team. PG is a big question. Interior depth(Davis) as well. But I like the freshman; especially Hunter. I think this team has some growing pains early. But I do feel by the time conference rolls around, IU's going to be a pretty tough out.

We don't care.

Then why respond? Apparently, you cared enough to reply.
Sir I’ve seen Romeo play many times my son was at the USA tryouts with him I’ve seen him on the adidas circuit as well never watched him play with his HS school team talented for sure . But I remind you he also hasn’t played against 1 college player yet outside of his teammates he practices with in hostile environments on the road against D1 coaches who will throw different defenses at him that he’s never seen at the HS level. He won’t be the strongest or fastest at the college level as he was in HS he will be challenged against guys who will be bigger, stronger and faster than him who by the way will try to make a name off him bcuz he’s the 5atar recruit AA that is suppose to put Indiana on his shoulders and carry them all season the way everybody thinks he can boy so much pressure to put on that young man shoulders and only time will tell how he handles all the challenges he will face on and off the court. These venues holds more than 3000/6000 seat arenas so has to deal with larger crowds and according to my son it’s hard to hear your teammates talk when some of these arenas are so so loud. My point I’m making no one will question his talents sure he has it but so will many other players he will face this season like him who has his same status and some who don’t will come at him like he’s not seen yet and only time will tell how he handles everything that will be thrown at him. Also you gotta understand why many of these fans don’t care about the opinions of any player on IU team bcuz you are an IU fan telling all of us just how good Romeo is on a yes open forum but one that Purdue fans generally talk Purdue basketball so I’m sure you can see the I don’t care respond. I’m not on an IU board saying just how good my son is or telling ur fan base what each player and he is talented don’t let those stats fool you just how good he is will be on display this season bcuz he will have opportunities to play big min and boy he’s gonna be a problem to matchup with on both ends. Less than 2 months we’ll no just what Indiana and Purdue will look like when season begins than all the speculations opinions will be put to rest bcuz real time games will change many opinions when those games being played and only than well no what each team will do. Good luck this season Wish nothing but the best for ur team and Romeo

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Sir I’ve seen Romeo play many times my son was at the USA tryouts with him I’ve seen him on the adidas circuit as well never watched him play with his HS school team talented for sure . But I remind you he also hasn’t played against 1 college player yet outside of his teammates he practices with in hostile environments on the road against D1 coaches who will throw different defenses at him that he’s never seen at the HS level. He won’t be the strongest or fastest at the college level as he was in HS he will be challenged against guys who will be bigger, stronger and faster than him who by the way will try to make a name off him bcuz he’s the 5atar recruit AA that is suppose to put Indiana on his shoulders and carry them all season the way everybody thinks he can boy so much pressure to put on that young man shoulders and only time will tell how he handles all the challenges he will face on and off the court. These venues holds more than 3000/6000 seat arenas so has to deal with larger crowds and according to my son it’s hard to hear your teammates talk when some of these arenas are so so loud. My point I’m making no one will question his talents sure he has it but so will many other players he will face this season like him who has his same status and some who don’t will come at him like he’s not seen yet and only time will tell how he handles everything that will be thrown at him. Also you gotta understand why many of these fans don’t care about the opinions of any player on IU team bcuz you are an IU fan telling all of us just how good Romeo is on a yes open forum but one that Purdue fans generally talk Purdue basketball so I’m sure you can see the I don’t care respond. I’m not on an IU board saying just how good my son is or telling ur fan base what each player and he is talented don’t let those stats fool you just how good he is will be on display this season bcuz he will have opportunities to play big min and boy he’s gonna be a problem to matchup with on both ends. Less than 2 months we’ll no just what Indiana and Purdue will look like when season begins than all the speculations opinions will be put to rest bcuz real time games will change many opinions when those games being played and only than well no what each team will do. Good luck this season Wish nothing but the best for ur team and Romeo
I agree with some of what you say but I would say the amount of ppl that came to watch him every night the pressure that was on him to deliver and he did I think he is equipped mentally as anyone in this class. He has held his own against what most feel Purdue and IU fans the best HS basketball in the nation. He has went toe to toe with D1 ready players like Zion and Bazley etc and more than held his own. He has already put on 20lbs And he is such a good kid. As an IU fan whose grandpa graduated from PU I am looking forward to seeing your boy grow and play this year. Seems like a well raised young man. Good luck and hopefully IU and PU go 1,2. Lots of questions lots of talent two good coaches.

tenor.gif

Insulting my intelligence was the wrong reply. Try again.
Naaah...It was pretty spot on. I haven't been disrespectful to a single poster n here; Unless of course you feel disagreeing is being disrespectful. For the most part, all the conversations have been quite civil. But then you come along, and.........

tenor.gif

I agree with some of what you say but I would say the amount of ppl that came to watch him every night the pressure that was on him to deliver and he did I think he is equipped mentally as anyone in this class. He has held his own against what most feel Purdue and IU fans the best HS basketball in the nation. He has went toe to toe with D1 ready players like Zion and Bazley etc and more than held his own. He has already put on 20lbs And he is such a good kid. As an IU fan whose grandpa graduated from PU I am looking forward to seeing your boy grow and play this year. Seems like a well raised young man. Good luck and hopefully IU and PU go 1,2. Lots of questions lots of talent two good coaches.
Sir listen I’ve seen the kid too But it’s still HS isn’t it. Zion and bazlley were both in HS when he competed against him and neither of them have played a college game either. One won’t be playing at all this season the other will and like I eluded to only time will tell how he does against others players like him against HOF coaches will be a challenge I’m sure can see that point. 20lds he has not put on that much weight sir I no this bcuz I no player on Indiana team. Even my son didn’t put on 20 lbs so not sure we’re that information has come from. I’m sure he’s added some weight but not 20 pounds that would be a lot of weight that his body may not be used to carrying. I didn’t say he wasn’t mentally equipped I’m saying the pressure he will have on him from you as fans coaches the media to carry on his shoulders will be a lot let’s see how he handles it. By the way Chicago got some real ballers to. So many unknowns from both teams and in less than 2 months we’ll no what each team is made of.

Interesting. Why are you and others trying to convince us on a Purdue board who Romeo is. In a month Or so we’ll see if he’s as advertised.
More like answering questions....When you question something, expect an answer. That's all it is.. He was called overrated. So I asked why, and explained why I think said person was wrong.

Nothing more. And I don't think you need a month, or so. Most of you on here are quite intelligent. You know how good the kid is. Its just a lot more fun to argue..:D

More like answering questions....When you question something, expect an answer. That's all it is.. He was called overrated. So I asked why, and explained why I think said person was wrong.

Nothing more. And I don't think you need a month, or so. Most of you on here are quite intelligent. You know how good the kid is. Its just a lot more fun to argue..:D
Got it. I’ll move on peace

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Purdue is ranked No. 17 nationally by Lindy’s and joins several other Big Ten programs in the publication’s preseason top 40 including Michigan State (No. 10), Michigan (No. 21), Indiana (No. 25) and Nebraska (No. 34).

· Seven Big Ten teams are projected to make the 2019 NCAA tournament including Michigan State, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin.

· The Big Ten is rated the nation’s fourth best conference behind the SEC, ACC and Big 12.

· Lindy’s ranked the top 150 players in college basketball and included the following Big Ten players: Carsen Edwards (No. 2), Cassius Winston (No. 9), Ethan Happ (No. 15), Romeo Langford (No. 25), Nick Ward (No. 33), Anthony Cowan (No. 34), Tyler Cook (No. 41), Jalen Smith (No. 51), Jordan Murphy (No. 54), Lamar Stevens (No. 56), Joshua Langford (No. 59), Ayo Dosunmu (No. 71), Charles Matthews (No. 104), Juwan Morgan (No. 106), Ryan Taylor (No. 112), Brad Davison (No. 119), Isaac Copeland (No. 123), James Palmer Jr. (No. 129), Bruno Fernando (No. 144) and Kaleb Wesson (No. 147).

· Lindy’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois and Rutgers.

· The Lindy’s preseason All-Big Ten teams: First team: Edwards, Winston, Romeo Langford, Ward and Happ; Second team: Cowan, Jalen Smith, Cook, Stevens and Murphy; Third team: Matthews, Joshua Langford, Dosunmu, Taylor and Morgan.
So Lindy's is saying we are the second best team in the BIG? Interesting. I can see MSU being ranked above us based on raw talent they have amassed. I think many have the suspicion that MSU might not be that good. From what I see, the BIG is wide open for 5-6 teams. Can't sleep on Minny or Nebraska. UM is always good. Whisky is good enough to make a run. Indiana I still have my doubts about. They bring back a bunch of players that did not do very well last year, but add a star freshman. The turtles have talent, and OSU has good coaching and a very young but talented team.

Wide open. Maybe the quirks in the schedule will do more to determine the winner than anything else.

Reactions: Schnelk and Roeder
So Lindy's is saying we are the second best team in the BIG? Interesting. I can see MSU being ranked above us based on raw talent they have amassed. I think many have the suspicion that MSU might not be that good. From what I see, the BIG is wide open for 5-6 teams. Can't sleep on Minny or Nebraska. UM is always good. Whisky is good enough to make a run. Indiana I still have my doubts about. They bring back a bunch of players that did not do very well last year, but add a star freshman. The turtles have talent, and OSU has good coaching and a very young but talented team.

Wide open. Maybe the quirks in the schedule will do more to determine the winner than anything else.
I agree that the order of the big ten will be determined by the schedule that has been assigned to each team. Definitely some harder/easier schedules out there.

Naaah...It was pretty spot on. I haven't been disrespectful to a single poster n here; Unless of course you feel disagreeing is being disrespectful. For the most part, all the conversations have been quite civil. But then you come along, and.........

tenor.gif
Right, deflect to me. The meme was disrespectful and perhaps your parents didn’t explain respect to you?
I know I don’t need to defend Treed, she does fine on her own and knows more about basketball than you obviously. But you have been told, nicely, by numerous posters that we don’t really care what you think about your roster or Romeo or Archie. Insulting the mother of a player isnt gonna get you points when we have already grown tired of you reiterating your man crush on a high school kid.

There is a big jump from high school to college. He is gifted athletically but how does he do against other athletes who are on par with him or better while also being 20-22 years old? I’ll admit I’ve never seen anything other than high school game highlights...I’d have to look at his time with USA Basketball and against the upper elite teams in AAU to get a good gauge.

I’m not saying he can’t be successful but you (and many other IU posters) are claiming this kid to become a 20 point scorer straight out of high school. If he averages that then he is everything many thought he was...but there will be games where the matchup with a veteran player will lead to a poor game because he won’t simply be the best athlete on the floor.

You hit the nail on the head with quirks in scheduling determing the outcome. With no clear dominant team and several that could contend, it will probably boil down to who has the easiest path this year.

Last year, MSU only had to play the other 4 schools finishing after them in standings once each. They did not have to play @ Purdue, @ Michigan, @ Nebraska, and OSU at home (who killed them in their one match up).

Reactions: Schnelk
Right, deflect to me. The meme was disrespectful and perhaps your parents didn’t explain respect to you?
I know I don’t need to defend Treed, she does fine on her own and knows more about basketball than you obviously. But you have been told, nicely, by numerous posters that we don’t really care what you think about your roster or Romeo or Archie. Insulting the mother of a player isnt gonna get you points when we have already grown tired of you reiterating your man crush on a high school kid.

On what basis would Treed "know more about basketball" than a guy who has reffed in the IHSAA for 20+ yrs? You don't think he has seen his share of GREAT players over that stretch of time?

On what basis would Treed "know more about basketball" than a guy who has reffed in the IHSAA for 20+ yrs? You don't think he has seen his share of GREAT players over that stretch of time?
I am also a 10 year official in the IHSA high school association and umpire. My son players travel ball since the age of 6 across the country so I have traveled far in wide not only supporting my son but traveling far and wide officiating in many cities. I have some D3 experience as well I also officiate Womens and men’s leagues so sir I no a thang or 2 about basketball too. My son has played against Jason Tatum, Jalen Brunson Ayton Wendell Carter including Romeo Langford Gary Trent jaren Jackson josh Jackson Trae Young Micheal porter Colin Sexton to name a few he’s played against b4 way b4 they entered the pro level so back in middle school and HS so I have seen many of the greats as well if you needed a resume.

Well, she has more division one experience. That’s a step above high school ball and a pretty big step.
I have never seen anyone defend a referee of high school basketball as having superior knowledge of the game. Good job on being so unique.

Having played the game at the college level, and being at games with many of the kids we are discussing, I think she is pretty well qualified. I know a lot of refs that have a good perspective on talent as well, so I am not discounting the other guy's "stated qualifications". I just think there is room for more than one "expert" here.

Is there something specific you disagree with? What has she said that you find so bad that you need to question her credibility? You understand she was responding to some folks that are not Purdue fans, right?

Maybe you should explain this post a little further before some other folks jump to the wrong conclusions.

There is a big jump from high school to college. He is gifted athletically but how does he do against other athletes who are on par with him or better while also being 20-22 years old? I’ll admit I’ve never seen anything other than high school game highlights...I’d have to look at his time with USA Basketball and against the upper elite teams in AAU to get a good gauge.

I’m not saying he can’t be successful but you (and many other IU posters) are claiming this kid to become a 20 point scorer straight out of high school. If he averages that then he is everything many thought he was...but there will be games where the matchup with a veteran player will lead to a poor game because he won’t simply be the best athlete on the floor.
Never said he was going to be a 20ppg scorer. And TBH, I don't think he needds to do that to be considered, "who we thought he was". I mean how many freshman average 20ppg? Not many---If any??? If he averages 20ppg, then he's better than I thought. I look for 13-15ppg. I think he'll have nights where he drops 30---And nights where he struggles, and scores in the single digits. When I say underestimate, I am talking in terms of overall. He's more than just a scorer.
His time with USA basketball isn't a good gauge. He was hurt. He dominated in a lot of AAU events. And more than held his own vs the likes of Zion and company.

Well, she has more division one experience. That’s a step above high school ball and a pretty big step.
I have never seen anyone defend a referee of high school basketball as having superior knowledge of the game. Good job on being so unique.
I officiated Div 1 CBB for 11 years...Does that count? I've seen many of great players when I worked College ball. Many. I've also worked a ton of elite level, summer basketball; Adidas, Nike, etc, etc..Seen a ton of great players there. And I'm no expert. Not even close. But I do think I have a tad bit of knowledge. Just a little.

Never said he was going to be a 20ppg scorer. And TBH, I don't think he needds to do that to be considered, "who we thought he was". I mean how many freshman average 20ppg? Not many---If any??? If he averages 20ppg, then he's better than I thought. I look for 13-15ppg. I think he'll have nights where he drops 30---And nights where he struggles, and scores in the single digits. When I say underestimate, I am talking in terms of overall. He's more than just a scorer.
His time with USA basketball isn't a good gauge. He was hurt. He dominated in a lot of AAU events. And more than held his own vs the likes of Zion and company.
We get your point he is a talented kid but so will the players he will face at the collegiate level that he hasn’t faced yet is the point. Zion Williamson hasn’t played an actual college game either so both has to prove their status once season begins.

I am also a 10 year official in the IHSA high school association and umpire.
Do you still work HS? If so, where? I also umpire. Work the Big 10, ACC and the SEC; all non conference for now. I work conference games for the Mid-South(NAIA), GLVC(D2) OVC, Atlantic-Sun and some MVC for baseball. I use to work D1 basketball full-time. But four years ago I was diagnosed with a heart condition. SO I had to slow down. I now only work about 15-20 games. Most of my schedule now exist of NAIA, and D2.

Also, my apologies if I offended you. I didn't mean too. Just didn't understand your post; which is all my meme was about.

We get your point he is a talented kid but so will the players he will face at the collegiate level that he hasn’t faced yet is the point. Zion Williamson hasn’t played an actual college game either so both has to prove their status once season begins.
Is there an issue you have with Langford? Just seems you want to dismiss his talents. I've seen a ton of talented kids. A ton. Talent alone doesn't mean squat. But this kid is different. Not only talented, but vhas a very high basketball IQ. And to boot, a terrific young man. He very well could struggle as a frosh; seen it many of times. But I doubt he does. I am curious to how some of you would feel if he were a Boiler?

LOL...How was the meme, disrespectful? It's a meme depicting "not understanding" something. Exactly how is that disrespectful? And it seems to me you're the only one with your panties in a wad.

And who is this "WE" you speak of? Again, you're the only one complaining. MOF, you are the only one I've had an issue with.

How did I "insult" the mother of a player? By using a meme? What in your opinion was so disrespectful? PLus, I didn't see her get upset. Maybe she's a tad bit tougher than you?

LOL...How was the meme, disrespectful? It's a meme depicting "not understanding" something. Exactly how is that disrespectful? And it seems to me you're the only one with your panties in a wad.

And who is this "WE" you speak of? Again, you're the only one complaining. MOF, you are the only one I've had an issue with.

How did I "insult" the mother of a player? By using a meme? What in your opinion was so disrespectful? PLus, I didn't see her get upset. Maybe she's a tad bit tougher than you?
Once again, she doesn’t need me to defend her, so I won’t. Your lack of understating her post simply illustrates my belief that she knows more about the game than yourself.
“Panties in a wad”, “tougher than you”. Hilarious! Perhaps calling me a snowflake is next?
I am glad you came here and put to rest the conspiracy theory that being an IU fan gets you banned from this board immediately. I’m not sure how that relates to toughness, but I was banned from Peegs for a post I made on this board. Perhaps your toughness speech would work better over there?

Is there an issue you have with Langford? Just seems you want to dismiss his talents. I've seen a ton of talented kids. A ton. Talent alone doesn't mean squat. But this kid is different. Not only talented, but vhas a very high basketball IQ. And to boot, a terrific young man. He very well could struggle as a frosh; seen it many of times. But I doubt he does. I am curious to how some of you would feel if he were a Boiler?
No I don’t sir I’ll say what I’m saying about Zion Williamson Eric hunter or any kid who coming in as a Freshman who hasn’t played 1 min of college basketball. Never have I’ve mentioned the kid wasn’t a good kid but you seem to be in love with this kid how about talk about other players from other teams with AA players than maybe your point is well taken. All you talk about is him it’s other players who is just as good as him and not with same status and they too has to prove if they are college ready. Don’t put words on my mouth I’m not bragging about my son on your Indiana board saying what a nice kid he is my son has a high basketball IQ he’s 220 pound 6”7 PG that can defend and play 4 positions not only in college but at the next level too but I’m saying this on a Purdue board not on a Indiana board. If you wanna talk college basketball I can hang with the best of them but sir all you have done is come on this board and bragged about a kid who is very talented we no but until he laces his shoes up step on that college court playing against some as old as 26 years of age at the college level we’ll see how he handles not on the physicality and speed of those guys like most freshmen will have their struggles he’s no exception. They have other players on their roster too but all you talk about is him. My son has a high basketball IQ he’s can pass rebound handle the ball make good decisions gets his teammates involved is a leader can shoot it defend is athletic quick also and a great young man who works hard has a great work ethic a great teammate but I’m I on an Indiana board bragging to your fan base who he is NO. You have an opinion so do i and like I said season is less than 2 months away if he does what you say he will do good for him I’m no hater like you trying to imply but I’m a realist too and I’m just stating my opinions and you seem to question my every word. It’s all good tho I come in peace I’m looking forward to the season I’ll be at the Indiana game wearing my son #20 jersey cheering him and Purdue on come by say hello.

Once again, she doesn’t need me to defend her, so I won’t. Your lack of understating her post simply illustrates my belief that she knows more about the game than yourself.
“Panties in a wad”, “tougher than you”. Hilarious! Perhaps calling me a snowflake is next?
I am glad you came here and put to rest the conspiracy theory that being an IU fan gets you banned from this board immediately. I’m not sure how that relates to toughness, but I was banned from Peegs for a post I made on this board. Perhaps your toughness speech would work better over there?
I didn't understand her post because it MAYBE, MAYBE---had ONE period in it. Just seemed like one big sentence. Hence hard to understand.

And seems I was spot on with you, Pete. See thing is, I haven't seen one poster react such as you have. So maybe the "panties in a wad", "tougher than you" fits.

And she very well may know more about basketball than me. I never otherwise.

No I don’t sir I’ll say what I’m saying about Zion Williamson Eric hunter or any kid who coming in as a Freshman who hasn’t played 1 min of college basketball. Never have I’ve mentioned the kid wasn’t a good kid but you seem to be in love with this kid how about talk about other players from other teams with AA players than maybe your point is well taken. All you talk about is him it’s other players who is just as good as him and not with same status and they too has to prove if they are college ready. Don’t put words on my mouth I’m not bragging about my son on your Indiana board saying what a nice kid he is my son has a high basketball IQ he’s 220 pound 6”7 PG that can defend and play 4 positions not only in college but at the next level too but I’m saying this on a Purdue board not on a Indiana board. If you wanna talk college basketball I can hang with the best of them but sir all you have done is come on this board and bragged about a kid who is very talented we no but until he laces his shoes up step on that college court playing against some as old as 26 years of age at the college level we’ll see how he handles not on the physicality and speed of those guys like most freshmen will have their struggles he’s no exception. They have other players on their roster too but all you talk about is him. My son has a high basketball IQ he’s can pass rebound handle the ball make good decisions gets his teammates involved is a leader can shoot it defend is athletic quick also and a great young man who works hard has a great work ethic a great teammate but I’m I on an Indiana board bragging to your fan base who he is NO. You have an opinion so do i and like I said season is less than 2 months away if he does what you say he will do good for him I’m no hater like you trying to imply but I’m a realist too and I’m just stating my opinions and you seem to question my every word. It’s all good tho I come in peace I’m looking forward to the season I’ll be at the Indiana game wearing my son #20 jersey cheering him and Purdue on come by say hello.
Ok. For one, I'm not bragging about a kid. I responded to a poster who called him "overrated". I fully expect Langford to have moments where he struggles. All freshman do. The speed of the game...how its officiated, etc, etc..Its to tough to adjust to. Not being the best player, athlete on the floor. So on and so on. In no way shape or form do I feel he will be immune to this. And not once have I insinuated so. I just responded to a poster who called him overrated. And now, its become this.
I don't where you think I'm implying you are a hater; such a silly word. I just asked a question. I don't know you. SO why would I make that type of assumption? Hell didn't even know you had a kid on the team until about 15 minutes ago. Congrats on that. Must be proud. I know I was when my son went off to school. Good luck to you and your son. Hope for a healthy season.

Is there an issue you have with Langford? Just seems you want to dismiss his talents. I've seen a ton of talented kids. A ton. Talent alone doesn't mean squat. But this kid is different. Not only talented, but vhas a very high basketball IQ. And to boot, a terrific young man. He very well could struggle as a frosh; seen it many of times. But I doubt he does. I am curious to how some of you would feel if he were a Boiler?[/QUOTE

I will preface the upcoming statements by saying I am A PROUD PURDUE GRADUATE!!

I have seen Romeo many, many times. I will say this (and this is ONLY my opinion).

He is talented, yes.
He is more of a scorer than a shooter.
He has a good basketball IQ.
And......he is a very good kid.

But,

I seriously doubt he'll avg. 15ppg. Guessing 12-14. No way he'll svg. 20

And lastly, I am glad he stayed in state...even if he decided on IU. Now if it had been ND.........

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Do you still work HS? If so, where? I also umpire. Work the Big 10, ACC and the SEC; all non conference for now. I work conference games for the Mid-South(NAIA), GLVC(D2) OVC, Atlantic-Sun and some MVC for baseball. I use to work D1 basketball full-time. But four years ago I was diagnosed with a heart condition. SO I had to slow down. I now only work about 15-20 games. Most of my schedule now exist of NAIA, and D2.

Also, my apologies if I offended you. I didn't mean too. Just didn't understand your post; which is all my meme was about.
Sir no apologies necessary and I wasn’t offended either and your experience out weigh my experience I’m just a HS official and umpire. My experience as follows just some college women’s games I did was minimal wasn’t interested in going up the ranks. I love officiating and umpiring for the love of it not to climb the ranks but make a little money doing what I do bcuz it keeps me BZ and staying young. I do this bcuz I had to survive to help my son get into college it was like my second Job to help pay expenses when he and I traveled during his time playing AAU ball and as you can see it payed off with a free ride to college on a basketball scholarship so it was worth every knee sore and tireless days I had to be on the court or on the field no regrets now I do it bcuz i love staying active and for the love of both sports and to still get my money on. My son got NBA potential 6”7 at 220 PG with 6”9 wingspan that can defend and play 4 positions at college level he’s being watched now so maybe I can retire soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT