ADVERTISEMENT

Lies about pre-existing conditions protection

indy35

All-American
Dec 14, 2006
It shows what people care about when nearly every single Republican running has to lie about their record and support for protections on pre-existing conditions. Rick Scott, Martha McSally, Scott Walker, Josh Hawley, the list goes on and on.
They're all hoping their supporters are morons that don't pay attention to their words and actions outside of the election year.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...g-conditions-ad-is-officially-a-national-joke

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...p-pre-existing-conditions-mcsally/1773849002/

Reactions: BuilderBob6
I understand that politicians lie, that is just something we all have to live with sadly. Democrats lie, Republicans lie, our President lies (a lot)...sunrise sunset. What bothers me the most is these jokers who lie about things that are so easily debunked, because they know their target audience will eat it up no questions asked. There is no accountability, and many voters would rather have a lying scumbag representing them than someone across the aisle...so voting rarely holds anyone accountable.

I understand that politicians lie, that is just something we all have to live with sadly. Democrats lie, Republicans lie, our President lies (a lot)...sunrise sunset. What bothers me the most is these jokers who lie about things that are so easily debunked, because they know their target audience will eat it up no questions asked. There is no accountability, and many voters would rather have a lying scumbag representing them than someone across the aisle...so voting rarely holds anyone accountable.
For sure, there is always the political spin added to things you can call a lie. What's so shocking is the brazenness of the lies coming from the right, lies that the smallest bit of fact-checking shoots holes through.

Reactions: Bill4411
It's actually an insult to their supporters when they tell these obvious lies. But if the voters don't want to bother doing the slightest research to check it out they get what they deserve......or they know it and it doesn't bother them. Lying has become normalized under this admin.

What bothers me the most about politics nowadays is many voters dont seem to expect cadidates to be honest any more.Thats really sad.

It's actually an insult to their supporters when they tell these obvious lies. But if the voters don't want to bother doing the slightest research to check it out they get what they deserve......or they know it and it doesn't bother them. Lying has become normalized under this admin.
Get a job. Pay your taxes. Your government owes you safety, not handouts.

I agree.....but that has nothing to do with the post.

I have a pre existing condition and have never been denied insurance. Why, because I have always had insurance. And it doesn't cost me any more than anyone else.
I don't sympathize with someone who doesn't bother to buy house insurance, their house burns down and they now want to buy insurance to pay for the damages.
Same scenario. People need to be responsible for their choices in life. FYI the sign at every hospital reads ' service cannot be denied you for any reason' that includes ability to pay, citizenship or any reason. So quit the BS already.

I have a pre existing condition and have never been denied insurance. Why, because I have always had insurance. And it doesn't cost me any more than anyone else.
I don't sympathize with someone who doesn't bother to buy house insurance, their house burns down and they now want to buy insurance to pay for the damages.
Same scenario. People need to be responsible for their choices in life. FYI the sign at every hospital reads ' service cannot be denied you for any reason' that includes ability to pay, citizenship or any reason. So quit the BS already.
Once again, nothing to do with the post. The point is that pubs that have been against pre existing conditions are now saying they will protect them. That's simply not true.

If your argument is that pre existing conditions are not even an issue because it's never been a problem for you, you need to talk to other people or do some research.

I have zero interest in getting into a pissing match about the details of health insurance.

Reactions: chiefboiler23
Aren’t you the special one!

Aren’t you the special one!
apparently.

I was looking for my own insurance at one time. I was no longer sick, but due to hospital visits within the previous 5 year window , coverage was denied from the 3 companies I applied. a final option for coverage was through some specialized company (via the main one) , but was so expensive i just chose no insurance until the next job. others without the health or $ werent so fortunate to choose that route.

at that time, i learned the incentive of avoiding going to the doctor - to avoid that rolling 5 yr period that could potentially count against me again.

Last edited:
Oh my, lectures about responsibility from Baby Boomers who pulled themselves out of desolation, despair and hopelessness of post war white middle class America are so motivational. Please tell us about that horrifying day when your parents told you you would need to buy your penny loafers and you realized there were no free rides in America.

Oh my, lectures about responsibility from Baby Boomers who pulled themselves out of desolation, despair and hopelessness of post war white middle class America are so motivational. Please tell us about that horrifying day when your parents told you you would need to buy your penny loafers and you realized there were no free rides in America.
oh ya, only minorities ever have struggles in this country. *EYE ROLL*. ya giant racist. What will you all bitch about when the crackers are the minority?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
this is my problem with with many many Republicans and their voters. As a group, they are the most selfish people I ever meet. They often are just unable to see issues others experience until it happens to them or someone close to them.

I take accountability for my actions. I guess in your mind that makes me special. In my generation that was the norm.
you want to take accountability for your actions. Stop freeloading! you with your pre-existing conditions are still being subsidized by young healthy people working at your job, who are contributing more to health insurance that they are spending, unlike yourself. But of course, selfish idiots like you are always completely oblivious to the privileges they enjoy. afterall, you having that job means some other employee should be subsidizing you. what an idiotic thinking

Enough of the class and generational warfare already. Ds really love their identity politics.

you want to take accountability for your actions. Stop freeloading! you with your pre-existing conditions are still being subsidized by young healthy people working at your job, who are contributing more to health insurance that they are spending, unlike yourself. But of course, selfish idiots like you are always completely oblivious to the privileges they enjoy. afterall, you having that job means some other employee should be subsidizing you. what an idiotic thinking
White privilege, really?

You are right, My young employees are subsidizing my group insurance. But I have had health insurance all my life and paid for it when It wasn't really helping me.
I made a decision to have insurance before my house burned down. So I paid my dues for what I no have. And FU I did build that. I haven't free loaded off of anyone.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Enough of the class and generational warfare already. Ds really love their identity politics.
Yep, Republicans don't know anything about identity politics...oh wait.

Even a bunch of Republicans are saying this is a new low. Nothing is low enough for Trump. Those Republicans with some morals left are a slim minority. The GOP is fully Trump's party now.

Yep, Republicans don't know anything about identity politics...oh wait.

Even a bunch of Republicans are saying this is a new low. Nothing is low enough for Trump. Those Republicans with some morals left are a slim minority. The GOP is fully Trump's party now.
Back at you idiot. Usually the ones who cry racism the most are the most racist people themselves, like Don Lemon. These comments are absolutely disgusting. Right here is left-wing identity politics at its finest. And sadly, you probably agree with him.

You are right, My young employees are subsidizing my group insurance. But I have had health insurance all my life and paid for it when It wasn't really helping me.
I made a decision to have insurance before my house burned down. So I paid my dues for what I no have. And FU I did build that. I haven't free loaded off of anyone.
You got yours so screw everyone else that's also paying in, what a perfect encapsulation of the GOP.

Back at you idiot. Usually the ones who cry racism the most are the most racist people themselves, like Don Lemon. These comments are absolutely disgusting. Right here is left-wing identity politics at its finest. And sadly, you probably agree with him.

Considering the right wing terrorism and denial of science with regards to the climate and all the issues that brings, the fact free Republican party is the biggest danger the US faces.

More identity politics information for you here.
https://www.economist.com/united-st...restrongerontherightthantheleftbasicinstincts

Last edited:
I'm proudly a one issue voter. When republicans do something about healthcare, I will consider voting for one. Until then, I'm a straight ticket democrat.
So until the nation goes single payer (you’ll be waiting a LONG time), you will always vote D? That’s your right, but it seems crazy.

So until the nation goes single payer (you’ll be waiting a LONG time), you will always vote D? That’s your right, but it seems crazy.
Is that what I wrote? I don't remember wording it that way.

Let's review the current situation, shall we.

Democrats in congress successfully passed and implemented the Affordable Care Act, which, among other things, guaranteed Americans with pre-existing conditions the opportunity to buy reasonably priced health insurance. Since that time, republicans have railed against the Act, and they have voted to repeal it tens if not hundreds of times.

Now that it appears to be in their best interests, republicans who voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act are running on the very policy they voted against tens if not hundreds of times.

You go ahead, vote for that, and keep calling me crazy for not.

It shows what people care about when nearly every single Republican running has to lie about their record and support for protections on pre-existing conditions. Rick Scott, Martha McSally, Scott Walker, Josh Hawley, the list goes on and on.
They're all hoping their supporters are morons that don't pay attention to their words and actions outside of the election year.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...g-conditions-ad-is-officially-a-national-joke

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...p-pre-existing-conditions-mcsally/1773849002/

For sure, there is always the political spin added to things you can call a lie. What's so shocking is the brazenness of the lies coming from the right, lies that the smallest bit of fact-checking shoots holes through.

It seems like all of you are really making the leap of logic that to be against the ACA means one is against insurance for previous conditions. That is a huge leap with no connection. There have been plans in DC that replace ACA that cover pre existing conditions. The links in those articles, and AARP, say that the CBO says it could raise insurance premiums, and pre existing consitions may be denied not that it would/will. FYI-the track record of the CBO is garbage. Hey, go read the bill. Not what it says.

Ever dawn on anyone that people may be against ACA for different reasons. Such as forcing an individual to participate in a for profit industry, it was essentially ruled constitutional due to it being called a tax, large govt over reach etc,

And concerned about lying? LOL, get real. And treat that topic even. Able to keep your doctor? One will have lower premiums with ACA? It will lower budget deficit? Those were Obama's words, even when his own advisors informed him via email they were not true.

My parents are on medicare and get supplement through ACA. Their prescription costs go up month to month as do premiums annualy. Stop acting like it was the cure all end all Obama said it was.

Sorry to ruin your circle jerk.

Reactions: boilerjohn
It seems like all of you are really making the leap of logic that to be against the ACA means one is against insurance for previous conditions. That is a huge leap with no connection. There have been plans in DC that replace ACA that cover pre existing conditions. The links in those articles, and AARP, say that the CBO says it could raise insurance premiums, and pre existing consitions may be denied not that it would/will. FYI-the track record of the CBO is garbage. Hey, go read the bill. Not what it says.

Ever dawn on anyone that people may be against ACA for different reasons. Such as forcing an individual to participate in a for profit industry, it was essentially ruled constitutional due to it being called a tax, large govt over reach etc,

And concerned about lying? LOL, get real. And treat that topic even. Able to keep your doctor? One will have lower premiums with ACA? It will lower budget deficit? Those were Obama's words, even when his own advisors informed him via email they were not true.

My parents are on medicare and get supplement through ACA. Their prescription costs go up month to month as do premiums annualy. Stop acting like it was the cure all end all Obama said it was.

Sorry to ruin your circle jerk.

Maybe take your own advice and don't lump all responses in with each other, as maybe they are addressing different things? I will speak for myself, and clearly stated that lying is a reality on both sides of the aisle...so you can holster your hypocrisy talk.

Yes, when this congress first tried to repeal Obamacare, and the second time, they were looking to take away any protections for preexisting conditions. Once that failed, they started to come up with options that effectively did the same thing but with better talking points, which is where we are today. Some of their plans are to keep protections for preexisting conditions, but strip away the fine print so that insurance carriers can rate however they want, and make the coverage unaffordable. Same result, different route.

People are against the ACA for different reasons. They don't like additional government restrictions. They don't like supplementing other people's problems. They don't like that it came from Obama even though it is a Republican idea. No argument there. But we are talking about the preexisting conditions element...not the bill writ large.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Maybe take your own advice and don't lump all responses in with each other, as maybe they are addressing different things? I will speak for myself, and clearly stated that lying is a reality on both sides of the aisle...so you can holster your hypocrisy talk.

Yes, when this congress first tried to repeal Obamacare, and the second time, they were looking to take away any protections for preexisting conditions. Once that failed, they started to come up with options that effectively did the same thing but with better talking points, which is where we are today. Some of their plans are to keep protections for preexisting conditions, but strip away the fine print so that insurance carriers can rate however they want, and make the coverage unaffordable. Same result, different route.

People are against the ACA for different reasons. They don't like additional government restrictions. They don't like supplementing other people's problems. They don't like that it came from Obama even though it is a Republican idea. No argument there. But we are talking about the preexisting conditions element...not the bill writ large.

Well, one says not to lump responses together as they were addressing different things. Then you went on to say you/we were talking about pre existing condition element.

Could have fooled me. Go look back at every quote I posted in my response. All were about lying.

Democrats in congress successfully passed and implemented the Affordable Care Act, which, among other things, guaranteed Americans with pre-existing conditions the opportunity to buy reasonably priced health insurance. Since that time, republicans have railed against the Act, and they have voted to repeal it tens if not hundreds of times.

Now that it appears to be in their best interests, republicans who voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act are running on the very policy they voted against tens if not hundreds of times.

Being a 1 issue voter is foolish, IMHO. It’s like women who only vote on abortion rights, as if that’s the most important thing in the world. It’s certainly their prerogative to vote this way, it just doesn’t make sense. The best things the Rs did was to kill the individual mandate. If people don’t want to buy health insurance they shouldn’t be forced to. If they don’t buy it and have an issue then it’s on them to figure out how to pay for care. Still, they should have the right to refuse coverage.

Being a 1 issue voter is foolish, IMHO. It’s like women who only vote on abortion rights, as if that’s the most important thing in the world. It’s certainly their prerogative to vote this way, it just doesn’t make sense. The best things the Rs did was to kill the individual mandate. If people don’t want to buy health insurance they shouldn’t be forced to. If they don’t buy it and have an issue then it’s on them to figure out how to pay for care. Still, they should have the right to refuse coverage.
Health care is the most important issue for me. I can live without a solid economy; I can live under communist rule; I can survive dictatorships; I can weather a recession; but, if I don't have my health, well, I don't have anything.

So, you can call me a fool if that makes you feel better, but if you lose you job, get diagnosed with cancer, and your COBRA runs out, you might come around to my way of thinking.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Health care is the most important issue for me. I can live without a solid economy; I can live under communist rule; I can survive dictatorships; I can weather a recession; but, if I don't have my health, well, I don't have anything.

So, you can call me a fool if that makes you feel better, but if you lose you job, get diagnosed with cancer, and your COBRA runs out, you might come around to my way of thinking.
I’m sorry to hear about your predicament. I didn’t call you a fool. I said being a 1 issue voter is foolish. A bad economy, living under communism or dictatorships - none of these instances are likely to help you deal with cancer. In fact, they could all make things worse in trying to deal with it.

Again, sorry to hear about your predicament. I mean that.

I’m sorry to hear about your predicament. I didn’t call you a fool. I said being a 1 issue voter is foolish. A bad economy, living under communism or dictatorships - none of these instances are likely to help you deal with cancer. In fact, they could all make things worse in trying to deal with it.

Again, sorry to hear about your predicament. I mean that.
I don't have cancer. I was using that as example.

There are circumstances in my life that make health insurance the most important thing in my life, but it's not my skin I'm worried about.

Reactions: indy35

LMAO.Simply put, BOTH parties lie. This debate started with "Any debate will be on C-Span". Remember that one. Prolly not but, it's true. For sure "You can keep your doctor and you will save $2500 a year." BOTH parties lie. So, go ahead and vote a straight ticket and not for whomever is the most qualified. Please do not assume who I support as I have ALWAYS split my ticket.

LMAO.Simply put, BOTH parties lie. This debate started with "Any debate will be on C-Span". Remember that one. Prolly not but, it's true. For sure "You can keep your doctor and you will save $2500 a year." BOTH parties lie. So, go ahead and vote a straight ticket and not for whomever is the most qualified. Please do not assume who I support as I have ALWAYS split my ticket.
Are you equating "you can keep your doctor" with the dodgy GOP position on healthcare? Because that's just stupid.

I'll vote for a republican again when they come up with a plan to address the nation's healthcare. Until then, this registered republican is voting straight ticket democrat.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT