ADVERTISEMENT

Khristian Lander to IU

People on this board would be "circle jerkin'" each other if he committed to Purdue. I don't get too excited about recruits, but it can't be a bad thing right?

You are just so level headed about the commitment that you immediately run over to your rivals board to see what they are saying and then comment? I don’t buy it but I also don’t care which is why I never go over to IUs site.

You are just so level headed about the commitment that you immediately run over to your rivals board to see what they are saying and then comment? I don’t buy it but I also don’t care which is why I never go over to IUs site.
I'm more of an IU fan, but I love Purdue and Painter. When I see people say dumb things, it's hard not to chime in.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
Sometimes they don't work out. Are you suggesting Painter wouldn't have taken a commitment from Romeo? Surely you're smarter than that.
My son is a member of the Evansville sports media. A fellow media colleague and long time Courier Press reporter says Lander is the best to come out of Evansville. High praise for someone that covered Calbert Cheaney. I think he will do fine.

#1 PG for 2021 that may reclassify to play in 2020

It was a serious question. What was Romeos ranking? Don’t like answering serious questions. Stay over at deceased peegs.

I believe 5th or 6th. What’s your point? From an individual standpoint Romeo was fine, just didn’t have the supporting cast around him. Also, Lander likely isn’t a one and done, especially if he reclassifies to next years class. He’ll be playing with a much more veteran and experienced team than Romeo.

It was a serious question. What was Romeos ranking? Don’t like answering serious questions. Stay over at deceased peegs.
So you were just randomly interested in what Romeo's ranking was right after I said IU signed the #11 player and #1 PG in the class? Nobody answered my question. Is this a bad thing? I'm sure people on this board would be disgruntled by such a commitment. Fortunately for you, Painter is way smarter than your fan base.

So you were just randomly interested in what Romeo's ranking was right after I said IU signed the #11 player and #1 PG in the class? Nobody answered my question. Is this a bad thing? I'm sure people on this board would be disgruntled by such a commitment. Fortunately for you, Painter is way smarter than your fan base.
I live in Florida. So I have no knowledge of the kid. Sure he is a good player. But means zilch to me.

My main point is Painter beats IU with 5, 4 & 3 stars. So not sure why it’s news on GBI

Reactions: Level 42 and SKYDOG
I hate to break it too you. But it’s just not news down here.

Damn this losing streak must be killing you to be here talking about a recruit.
Then why would you be on a message board commenting? Why do you continue to contradict yourself? What losing streak do you speak of? Hoosiers have won two in a row in a ridiculously tough B10 conference season. Have you seen the standings?

Then why would you be on a message board commenting? Why do you continue to contradict yourself? What losing streak do you speak of? Hoosiers have won two in a row in a ridiculously tough B10 conference season. Have you seen the standings?
Mate, this isn’t the IU recruit forum. Why would you expect us to know them?

When did IU last beat Purdue?

Khristian Lander … fitting name for someone wearing the devil’s pitchfork.

Are we sure this isn’t an Ash Wednesday prank?

Meanwhile I’ll always treasure Romeo’s career of four points in Mackey.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Khristian Lander … fitting name for someone wearing the devil’s pitchfork.

Are we sure this isn’t an Ash Wednesday prank?

Meanwhile I’ll always treasure Romeo’s career of four points in Mackey.
Ask Painter if he would accept a commitment from Lander.

Yes, nobody on this board knew who Lander was...the #1 PG in the country and in state recruit that held an offer from Painter. Funny how Purdue fans and players hang their hats on the IU head to head match up. Make a final four and then come talk to me.

Purdue has made 2. I attended the last one. Which IU one did you attend?

Yes, nobody on this board knew who Lander was...the #1 PG in the country and in state recruit that held an offer from Painter. Funny how Purdue fans and players hang their hats on the IU head to head match up. Make a final four and then come talk to me.

Come on don’t go there man. As an IU supporter this is silly. Purdue has owned IU the last 4-5 years.

Since when do IU fans have room to talk? You guys have been irrelevant the last several years.

Reactions: mille736
Purdue has made 2. I attended the last one. Which IU one did you attend?
I was there in 92 and 2002. Should have won it all in 92. Unfortunately, I was a poor student in 87 and didn't have the opportunity to attend. I hesitate to rip on Purdue, I'm really a fan of the program and Painter. I just hate when the fans try to rip on IU. The Hoosiers undoubtedly have had more success. If you can't admit that then I guess this conversation is over. IU has half of the total B10 national championships. What else is there to say?

I was there in 92 and 2002. Should have won it all in 92. Unfortunately, I was a poor student in 87 and didn't have the opportunity to attend. I hesitate to rip on Purdue, I'm really a fan of the program and Painter. I just hate when the fans try to rip on IU. The Hoosiers undoubtedly have had more success. If you can't admit that then I guess this conversation is over. IU has half of the total B10 national championships. What else is there to say?
Sure but even the guy responsible for it doesn’t remember it. My original point was IU hasn’t proven to me they can use the talent. So signing 5 stars makes me yawn when they do it.

Come on don’t go there man. As an IU supporter this is silly. Purdue has owned IU the last 4-5 years.
I don't care, all I care about is building this program. Archie is in only his 3rd year. Look at the first three years of Painter and other successful coaches in this league. Archie has locked down the Indiana recruits...if he continues to do that, success is inevitable.

I don't care, all I care about is building this program. Archie is in only his 3rd year. Look at the first three years of Painter and other successful coaches in this league. Archie has locked down the Indiana recruits...if he continues to do that, success is inevitable.
Seems to be a lot Indiana kids on the Boilers roster. Idk if I would say he locked anything down.

Hey I hear ya and I don’t disagree with you, just don’t think immediately rushing to your rivals board and gloating about it (before he’s ever played a game) and talking smack is the right move. That’s all.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Sure but even the guy responsible for it doesn’t remember it. My original point was IU hasn’t proven to me they can use the talent. So signing 5 stars makes me yawn when they do it.
you're suggesting that IU is constantly signing "five stars"....Purdue fans like to focus on Romeo, but he was obviously overrated. How about Cody Zeller, Eric Gordon, James Blackmon....those guys ended up being pretty good right?

Seems to be a lot Indiana kids on the Boilers roster. Idk if I would say he locked anything down.
two of top 3 in 2019, and top two players in the 2020 class......top 3 if Lander reclassifies. Looking good with Kaufmann and a couple others in 2021....I would call that a "lock down". You should just hope that Painter never leaves, it will be hell when it happens.

you're suggesting that IU is constantly signing "five stars"....Purdue fans like to focus on Romeo, but he was obviously overrated. How about Cody Zeller, Eric Gordon, James Blackmon....those guys ended up being pretty good right?
And how far did they get in the tournament with these kids. Just asking for a friend

Reactions: PUQBMan.
two of top 3 in 2019, and top two players in the 2020 class......top 3 if Lander reclassifies. Looking good with Kaufmann and a couple others in 2021....I would call that a "lock down". You should just hope that Painter never leaves, it will be hell when it happens.
Ivey is ahead of both in 2020. Purdue got #2 in state behind TJD. That’s not locking down shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT