ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ball, 3 Star OL Commit to Purdue

Oct 19, 2023
Hello! I originally posted this in a different place (I'm a 247 dweller) and noticed...well, nobody seems to look at the Purdue board there. I'm a WVU fan living in Central Ohio. I was at the Hamilton Township vs. Bloom Carroll game on 10/13. Was told #72 was a Purdue commit, so I got *some* video. Didn't think to start earlier, tried to keep it on him. Here's the text from my other post word for word.

I recently attended the Hamilton Township vs Bloom-Carroll football game (on 10/13/2023). Somebody at the game mentioned that "#72 is committed to Purdue." Normally, this makes me take more video, but I didn't think to do so until the second half. I apologize that this video isn't the greatest, but here is some footage from that game:

I tried to focus on Ball as much as I can. I do apologize for the stupid commentary between me, my son, and another teen. This was quite the game; both of my kids went to Hamilton Township and the Rangers hadn't beaten BC in a few years. This game was for the Buckeye division of the Mid State League title. Both teams are quite good, but I must point out that the MSL is not the strongest in the area. It does produce a few D1 talents--the most recent being Louisville's Micky Crum and WVU's Jacob Long (both from HTHS).

I am not a football scout or a coach. Ball did play both ways, though was only in on about 50% of the snaps on defense. When he was in on defense, HTHS had to account for him. He wasn't in on many plays until the 2nd half, but that was a product of HTHS moving away from him and throwing a ton of quick tunnel screens early. On offense, Ball was able to make his initial block and get to the second level with ease. He has a big frame that will do well with some time in a college strength program.

Anyway, thought I'd share. He's #72 in the purple and white.

Hello! I originally posted this in a different place (I'm a 247 dweller) and noticed...well, nobody seems to look at the Purdue board there. I'm a WVU fan living in Central Ohio. I was at the Hamilton Township vs. Bloom Carroll game on 10/13. Was told #72 was a Purdue commit, so I got *some* video. Didn't think to start earlier, tried to keep it on him. Here's the text from my other post word for word.

I recently attended the Hamilton Township vs Bloom-Carroll football game (on 10/13/2023). Somebody at the game mentioned that "#72 is committed to Purdue." Normally, this makes me take more video, but I didn't think to do so until the second half. I apologize that this video isn't the greatest, but here is some footage from that game:

I tried to focus on Ball as much as I can. I do apologize for the stupid commentary between me, my son, and another teen. This was quite the game; both of my kids went to Hamilton Township and the Rangers hadn't beaten BC in a few years. This game was for the Buckeye division of the Mid State League title. Both teams are quite good, but I must point out that the MSL is not the strongest in the area. It does produce a few D1 talents--the most recent being Louisville's Micky Crum and WVU's Jacob Long (both from HTHS).

I am not a football scout or a coach. Ball did play both ways, though was only in on about 50% of the snaps on defense. When he was in on defense, HTHS had to account for him. He wasn't in on many plays until the 2nd half, but that was a product of HTHS moving away from him and throwing a ton of quick tunnel screens early. On offense, Ball was able to make his initial block and get to the second level with ease. He has a big frame that will do well with some time in a college strength program.

Aside from being big, he’s got a long way to go. I’d be surprised if he ever sees the field for Purdue.

Aside from being big, he’s got a long way to go. I’d be surprised if he ever sees the field for Purdue.
Entirely possible. I don't follow your team closely enough to know and I'm not a scout or coach in any capacity. The main things I noticed are that he has a good frame (P5 strength training will do him good) and he was better than whoever he was facing...but that isn't really saying much.

I think he will need about two years of strength and conditioning to be a solid contributor.

Reactions: samalifagus

thanx, nice gesture

E

Excellent, thanks for posting!

A lot depends on coaches in high school, on how much a player develops. If the guy is athletic to go with his size, and desire to improve, he should be ok. Hard to tell much from the video
Definitely agree here. Bloom is one of the best teams in the area, but since I'm originally from Moundsville, WV, I really only pay attention to Hamilton Township and that's because that's where my kids went. Truthfully, I hardly pay attention to my home area's football as my high school has become an embarrassment and I'm way more into OVAC wrestling than football.

I cannot comment on his desire, coachability, etc., as I do not know him at all.

Also, I agree with the video, I really couldn't do much...the stadium (at least on the Rangers' side) was absolutely packed and they keep any endzone access almost entirely locked down.

Thank you! I will try to put this in this week's recruiting update.

Thank you! Appreciate the info and the video. Nice of you to post.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT