ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Smith Should Be A Boiler...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
CMP will make you grow as a man and get you to the NBA. Lil Arch is a dork with no concept of a good offense. His pack line defense is a joke and he doesn't know how to use you properly.

You will be a 3/4 in our system with almost unlimited minutes between you, Wheeler and Gillis. You will be asked to be a slasher, driver and a rebounder. We will improve your shooting and your all around game getting you to the NBA.

You seems too smart to be Loosiers anyway. Come join us and be a WINNER in basketball and in life.

I’m shocked by my thoughts on this, but I actually agree. I’ve always liked his game, just not his uniform

Reactions: Schnelk
No way. We dont need Aaron Wheeler x2 of last season running around out there. That would be the worst case scenario. I think Wheeler will find his shot this upcoming season though. Smith is all the flashiness with no actual meaningful production

Great young man but no thank you...good luck in your journey in getting to the NBA and in life.

I only want true Boilermakers who understand what it means to be a Boilermaker and part of our family.

Cheering for all our guys this year but especially for Newman because of the loss of his father....Boiler Nation has you young man and will support you the rest of your life as we do with all of our family.

Boiler Up!

CMP will make you grow as a man and get you to the NBA. Lil Arch is a dork with no concept of a good offense. His pack line defense is a joke and he doesn't know how to use you properly.

You will be a 3/4 in our system with almost unlimited minutes between you, Wheeler and Gillis. You will be asked to be a slasher, driver and a rebounder. We will improve your shooting and your all around game getting you to the NBA.

You seems too smart to be Loosiers anyway. Come join us and be a WINNER in basketball and in life.
Kid’s starting, getting 30 minutes a game, and he’s still looking for greener pastures...it’s gonna be a no for me today.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejs1111
We have had too many examples within the last 2 months of players playing for themselves instead of wanting to be part of a team and the Purdue family. No thanks.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Maybe this kid just didn’t like playing for the IU coach. It may not be a selfish choice. That said, I would not bring him into the team. As somebody else said, a big bag of nopes on this one.

:cool:

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13
I could see Smith going to Illinois or Xavier.
His parents are Illinois graduates.

Smith fills a need. we need depth at 3/4 position. he was one of theor best players. he would get 25 to 30 minutes here too.
Agreed. He’s not Wheeler x2. Not everyone has to shoot threes. He has a good game closer to the basket (unlike Wheels) which we definitely need.

Like it or not, this is the landscape of college basketball now. Transfers are going to happen all the time. School loyalty will become a rarity. Other teams will take good players from us, so we need to take good players from others. Especially if they can fill a need.

I also read that Smith has the helicopter-Mom issue as well. Probably not as bad as Eastern, but I don't want that even for one year.

I'd take a long look at him. If he were on our roster he could possibly be the starting 4 if Gillis does not seize it.

Smith should be the last person Painter recruits to Purdue. First of all....he's not very good.

We are struggling to fill the Eastern/Haarms 1 year scholarship spots. Even if he sucks, it would be worth a dice roll on someone averaging double figures in the B1G.

Smith should be the last person Painter recruits to Purdue. First of all....he's not very good.
I would love to have Justin Smith on the team. Unlike Eastern and Wheeler, Smith will be more willing to go to the rim and dunk on somebody. As athletic as Eastern and Wheeler are, going to the rim was never in their game.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
I would love to have Justin Smith on the team. Unlike Eastern and Wheeler, Smith will be more willing to go to the rim and dunk on somebody. As athletic as Eastern and Wheeler are, going to the rim was never in their game.
I could be wrong, but I don’t recall Smith dunking on us very often over the last 3 years.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I could be wrong, but I don’t recall Smith dunking on us very often over the last 3 years.

Smith didn’t seem like the agile slasher type when we played them. I think we drew a few charges when he attempted to drive.

No defense. No heart. Comes with shitty parents who allowed him his bad attitude that he has today,.

No defense. No heart. Comes with shitty parents who allowed him his bad attitude that he has today,.
He plays great defense when engaged. He has no heart, I would agree. I wouldn’t say he has shitty parents. He is excellent academically, so they certainly get some credit for that. I do think they are more focused on the NBA than helping a college team win.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
He plays great defense when engaged. He has no heart, I would agree. I wouldn’t say he has shitty parents. He is excellent academically, so they certainly get some credit for that. I do think they are more focused on the NBA than helping a college team win.
Give me an example of his "great defense". He plays lazy except when it's an opportunity to look good on camera. And his parents....pfffffft

Treed, as a coach...I love what Nojel brings to the court, I really think he needs for this year to be his best to reach his ultimate goal. Nice young man, polite, getting his grades...never a problem are all great attributes the pro's look for, and he has that.

I'm hoping he stays this year, and has a great final season before moving on up. Leaving this year, in my opinion, would be a mistake.

Can't blame the kid for that Treed. Congrats on a great son.

Once again, my personal troll comes out of the closet. Show me one spot where I kissed anyone's butt. Just one. Go back to the IU board where you reside in your closet.

Well heck, all I had to do was look at the last time she posted to find the last time you kissed her butt.

This is from 11 days before he went into the transfer portal.

Well heck, all I had to do was look at the last time she posted to find the last time you kissed her butt.

Because he should tell a players mother the opposite? Seems to be polite and honest. Unless, you would rather him be rude and arrogant?

Reactions: Purdue85
Once again, my personal troll comes out of the closet. Show me one spot where I kissed anyone's butt. Just one. Go back to the IU board where you reside in your closet.
This made me laugh. Can you show me how to get my own personal million dollar lotto troll to come out of the closet with a simple flick of a post?

That's certainly a strange definition of butt kissing. But then, you being a fan of Davis, Sampson, Crean, and now the little guy Arch it's understandable how you came up with that. Why in the hell would I beat the kid up to his mother like some of your butt wipe buddies did?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT