ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Strickland Final 3

Ok? Do you really think Horvath is a game changing player? His story as a walk-on is well received and you have to appreciate a guy who gets the most of of his abilities, but he scored TD’s last year and is fumble prone. There’s a reason why Purdue was dead last in rushing last year.
You are correct. Line was on 3 backups on the interior. Struggled to get a push. Had no issues running the ball when healthy. How many fumbles he have?

Minnesota basically returns everyone as does Nebraska sans Wandale Robinson and you’re also forgetting that Rondale Moore is gone. Purdue still beats Minnesota last year despite the bad call if they make their FG’s. Can’t put it on one play.

And basically returning everyone doesn’t make a team immensely better. GK and David Bell are all-American caliber players, but outside those two, I struggle to find playmakers on either side of the ball. Wright is a solid B10 starter, but other than him (and Bell) I think the rest of the skill position players are meh. AOC/Plummer at best are serviceable QB’s but neither strike as QB’s that are going to go out and win you a game. Offensive line is getting better, but is still a work in-progress. Depth on the OL is a huge concern.

Defensively, they’re likely to be better because I’m not sure it could get any worse, but Diaco’s firing if anything should boost morale. However, three different DC’s in three years is going to make for a ton of growing pains. Obviously GK is a stud but outside him you have a bunch of either meh players or talented young guys who lack a ton of experience.

Honestly I see a 4-5 win team. Will say it helps that most of Purdue’s swing games are at home and because of that there is a path to 6 wins, but anything more is overachieving in my opinion.

That’s my honest assessment.
Like we’re going to take an assessment from a Loosier over what we know about the team? GTFOH.

Purdue has gotten ~10 transfers including from Auburn, South Carolina, Indiana, Kentucky……

We may be on another DE transfer from Virginia Tech.

You don’t know $hit about Purdue’s program.

Ok? Do you really think Horvath is a game changing player? His story as a walk-on is well received and you have to appreciate a guy who gets the most of of his abilities, but he scored two TD’s last year and is fumble prone. There’s a reason why Purdue was dead last in rushing last year.
He ran for like 150 yards on IU in 2019.

Reactions: Sophie1970
Like we’re going to take an assessment from a Loosier over what we know about the team? GTFOH.

Purdue has gotten ~10 transfers including from Auburn, South Carolina, Indiana, Kentucky……

We may be on another DE transfer from Virginia Tech.

You don’t know $hit about Purdue’s program.
Didn’t expect it to be well received. That’s life.

I’ll guarantee you that most of the “in the knows” share a similar assessment as me, that Purdue is more along the lines of a 4-5 win team next year than a 7 win team. Most publications have Purdue as the 5th or 6th team in the west next year.

I’ll guarantee you that most of the “in the knows” share a similar assessment as me, that Purdue is more along the lines of a 4-5 win team next year than a 7 win team. Most publications have Purdue as the 5th or 6th team in the west next year.
And psu was ranked 8th preseason last year and started 0-5. They don't know shit.

I don't really trust the rankings. Whens the last time scouts could watch them? One of the sub1000 guys accepted an offer the the all American game.
Of course some of those guys will end up being decent players but ranking as a whole and over time tend to prove correct

Your team fell apart last year as there wasn’t much talent and no leadership. I see another down year for Purdue and your coach gets fired. I’m not saying Purdue can’t rebound with the right hire as they’ve proven they can be good when they have the right coach but for some reason the current guy made a mistake somewhere and he’s not going to be able to turn the ship around. Half of your 2022 recruiting class isn’t even ranked in the top 1000 on 247. You can’t recruit that poorly and become a top B10 football team it just doesn’t happen.

What else do you predict?

And psu was ranked 8th preseason last year and started 0-5. They don't know shit.
That’s fair. Nobody said those guys batted 1.000. They’re right more times than they’re wrong though. Naturally you, along with others, have a higher perception of your team. I’m the same way with IU. It’s what makes a fan a fan. I’m not sold on Purdue being better next year. You are. That’s what makes these boards fun.

You’re smoking cracker if you think Purdue beats IU! I U wins by 3 td’s if not more! Purdue will be awful this year!
Come back here on November 28th and remind us how accurate your prediction was.We will congratulate you on your outstanding pre season abilities.

Your team fell apart last year as there wasn’t much talent and no leadership. I see another down year for Purdue and your coach gets fired. I’m not saying Purdue can’t rebound with the right hire as they’ve proven they can be good when they have the right coach but for some reason the current guy made a mistake somewhere and he’s not going to be able to turn the ship around. Half of your 2022 recruiting class isn’t even ranked in the top 1000 on 247. You can’t recruit that poorly and become a top B10 football team it just doesn’t happen.
Why would anyone believe anything 247 writes?They list Purdue having 19 current defensive ends when the truth is seven of the guys listed are no longer with the team or were never d ends.

IU is a 4-5 win team too if they can get by Western Kentucky.

Thanks, thought 6am was too early. Any PU fans know where he is going, cause I have no clue and I’m leaning PU. Anyways, Good Luck on your season, and can’t wait until the Bucket Game!
Good luck to you too.

Have no clue on who he is leaning towards. Usually 247Sports starts posting crystal ball picks the night before the announcement, but they have been pretty quiet with him.

Good luck to you too.

Have no clue on who he is leaning towards. Usually 247Sports starts posting crystal ball picks the night before the announcement, but they have been pretty quiet with him.
I don’t post much, but I think some of his social media stuff is throwing off the fanbases. And his recruitment is super tight, which I’m sure some of you probably knew. I’m starting to it’s Purdue a little bit due to the connections, but I have no clue factually. It wouldn’t surprise me if he commits to PU or IU(well, since I’m biased. The quiet is indeed odd too, we shall find out tomorrow.

I expect Strickland will commit to Purdue tomorrow. But, if he does commit to IU, will the Purdue faithful finally admit that IU won a head-to-head recruiting battle?

IU lost interest versus their biggest rival. Lol
There is no reasoning with iu fans. They ignore facts and logic and think their hyperbole about their program is actually what happened. They are the next Alabama after all.

I expect Strickland will commit to Purdue tomorrow. But, if he does commit to IU, will the Purdue faithful finally admit that IU won a head-to-head recruiting battle?
Sure. Because they did. And the last one iu won before that was Josh Sales.

IU was up 18 in the third quarter of that game and lost interest. Let Purdue back in the game. Same as you guys say Ohio State did vs IU last year.
IU’s defense is much better as well and they’re recruiting that side pretty good right now. I looked back to last year and Purdue wasn’t as bad as I remembered but they do need a bounce back year

IU’s defense is much better as well and they’re recruiting that side pretty good right now. I looked back to last year and Purdue wasn’t as bad as I remembered but they do need a bounce back year
Agreed. I've been pretty vocal with 6 wins. Maybe 7. And that would be a great step to the following year.

Those 22 recruits are really going to make the 2021 defense better

Ya. Purdue has new coaches. Might start slow. Iu has a bunch of new coaches. No change. Funny how that works. It seems like every reason that hurts Purdue or helps others when doing rankings applies to Purdue or others as well, but is ignored.
IU has two new coaches of merit. Don't get it twisted though, IU is still going to run its standard 4-2-5. It's Tom Allen's defense with a new name running it. Nothing is changing. Purdue is on its third DC in three years who all run different systems. Not apples to apples.

IU has two new coaches of merit. Don't get it twisted though, IU is still going to run its standard 4-2-5. It's Tom Allen's defense with a new name running it. Nothing is changing. Purdue is on its third DC in three years who all run different systems. Not apples to apples.
This system should actually be comparable to Holts. Are you saying purdues coaches aren't of merit? Only two former head coaches, one who literally built a program, and a successful DL coach coming from Texas to run the defense.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
This system should actually be comparable to Holts. Are you saying purdues coaches aren't of merit? Only two former head coaches, one who literally built a program, and a successful DL coach coming from Texas to run the defense.
That's not at all what I said. IU is only replacing two coaches of merit, they aren't revamping their entire staff. Purdue had a ton of overhaul this offseason. IU's system isn't changing at all. Big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT