Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan
Minny
Purdue

I’ll wager IU wins at least 7. Anything less I’ll buy you a premium subscription and you can renew mine. You won’t get better odds.
Iowa is at Iowa and they’ll lay it on the line for game 1. Purdue will win as well.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Iowa
Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan
Minny
Purdue

I’ll wager IU wins at least 7. Anything less I’ll buy you a premium subscription and you can renew mine. You won’t get better odds.
I can agree with this list. Hard to imagine they win all 9.

Do people here really think Michigan will be any good this year? Keep hearing about this return to form but.. where is it coming from? If the 5* FR QB shows out, maybe. But they were BAD last year and lost a lot. I see them as a .500 in B1G play kind of team this year.

For PSU, they need much better QB play to get back to where they were. Not convinced Clifford can give them that. That said, I don't see IU beating them in Happy Valley. The margin was too close last year. But I don't see them pushing OSU like they had been for the past however long.

Last edited:
Do people here really think Michigan will be any good this year? Keep hearing about this return to form but.. where is it coming from? If the 5* FR QB shows out, maybe. But they were BAD last year and lost a lot. I see them as a .500 in B1G play kind of team this year.

For PSU, they need much better QB play to get back to where they were. Not convinced Clifford can give them that. That said, I don't see IU beating them in Happy Valley. The margin was too close last year.
That 5* is going to get thrown into the fire quick and honestly think he’s way overrated. His offer sheet isn’t that great despite being a top 25 prospect.

Iowa
Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan
Minny
Purdue

Fair deal.

Iowa
Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan
Minny
Purdue

IU’s schedule is even more difficult than I thought.

How many of the games you think are wins are on the road? Last year, IU played in basically empty stadiums on the road. Not so, this year.
There also is the health of penix. Who knows if he gets hurt. If he’s healthy bank on something in the 8-4 realm or higher .. I’d love it if they went 1-11 and their recruiting class came running to us. I’d also love it if Michael Jordan was 25 again and playing for the bulls…

How many of the games you think are wins are on the road? Last year, IU played in basically empty stadiums on the road. Not so, this year.
@Iowa
@Western KY
@Maryland
@michigan
@Purdue

I believe IU goes 9-3. Losses to Cincy, Penn State, and Ohio State.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I see L’s at Iowa, at Michigan, and at Purdue. IU goes 6-6. Another bowl loss makes 6-7. 🙀😉
The power of opinions. I'll give you same bet I gave Sophie. IU wins at least 7 regular season games or I'll renew your premium subscription.

Just seeing your responses to Purdue fans on a Purdue board. I can bet you're an IU fan...for sure.
Not at all, just a realist. I got sucked in by the 05 season and agreed with the Orlando paper.. now I like to know where we are at.

here’s the thing.. you think calling me that is gonna change reality?

@nat100 can verify that I’m all Purdue. I think if we hadn’t hired Diaco and O’Connell had wheels.. 7-5 was probably doable this year.

I will be calling for 7-5 next year most likely at least.. if brohm develops a lot of players. We don’t lose many starters, but bell and karlaftis probably to so you lose your current star power ..

I remember the days of just assuming that the 04 linebackers had to be as good as 03 right? Or that when Kelly butler left “David Owen will be fine.”

I learned over time .. we have been hampered for about 17 years by just not having a plan and having a lot of guys out there that other teams could exploit.

Not at all, just a realist. I got sucked in by the 05 season and agreed with the Orlando paper.. now I like to know where we are at.

@nat100 can verify that I’m all Purdue. I think if we hadn’t hired Diaco and O’Connell had wheels.. 7-5 was probably doable this year.

I will be calling for 7-5 next year most likely at least.. if brohm develops a lot of players. We don’t lose many starters, but bell and karlaftis probably to so you lose your current star power ..

I remember the days of just assuming that the 04 linebackers had to be as good as 03 right? Or that when Kelly butler left “David Owen will be fine.”

I learned over time .. we have been hampered for about 17 years by just not having a plan and having a lot of guys out there that other teams could exploit.
If you ask Brohm, what happened with Diaco last season has no bearing on this season. He would say that he’s fixed what was broken on the defense. Losing Watts certainly doesn’t help but it’s not fatal. Lewis, Boyd, and Austin need to step up.

Reactions: Level 42
Ok so what will you say if it happens? Cause if they go 6-6 I’ll cop to it
Penix gets hurt as usual just like our QBs seem to do. 7-5 or 6-6. Ask Purdue how injuries can affect a season. We seem to be good at that.
Don’t get me wrong, IU has improved under Allen, but no way in hell are they 10-2. That is a dream that will be shattered.

He's a big Nebraska homer. Dont let him fool you.

If you ask Brohm, what happened with Diaco last season has no bearing on this season. He would say that he’s fixed what was broken on the defense. Losing Watts certainly doesn’t help but it’s not fatal. Lewis, Boyd, and Austin need to step up.
But, again, what you do lose is what you would have gained if you went straight from holt to a good DC. So.. that good DC could be going into year two with a retooled defense that’s ready to be a good defense against Oregon state week 1.

then, yes, I’d have predicted 7-5.. which I hope for. And if we go 7-5.. I’ll be the first to tip my cap to you

Penix gets hurt as usual just like our QBs seem to do. 7-5 or 6-6. Ask Purdue how injuries can affect a season. We seem to be good at that.
Don’t get me wrong, IU has improved under Allen, but no way in hell are they 10-2. That is a dream that will be shattered.
My prediction for them is 8-4, maybe 9-3… they’ll probably get jobbed by one of the big boys and the officials once or twice.

That 5* is going to get thrown into the fire quick and honestly think he’s way overrated. His offer sheet isn’t that great despite being a top 25 prospect.
McCarthy is running 3rd on their depth chart after spring (behind McNamara & the grad transfer Bowen). Even the Michigan analysts are saying he seemed overwhelmed and not ready.
He went to Michigan because ND, then OSU, both passed on him. He and his coach at Naz in Chicago, (both grew up huge ND fans), are still bitter. He went to IMG and wasnt anything special. Then of course looked good at a camp with no defense, boom, became a 5 Star.
I wouldn’t count on him this year if I was Michigan. The question is who transfers next year, McNamara or McCarthy. McNamara already decommitted from ND because he didn’t want to compete with the two QBs around him. Will he leave next year if McCarthy beats him out? Or will McCarthy leave if he sits behind McNamara for 2-3 years? Both kids are emotionally weak, so it will be interesting.

But, again, what you do lose is what you would have gained if you went straight from holt to a good DC. So.. that good DC could be going into year two with a retooled defense that’s ready to be a good defense against Oregon state week 1.

then, yes, I’d have predicted 7-5.. which I hope for. And if we go 7-5.. I’ll be the first to tip my cap to you
Sometimes you have to go through hard experiences in order to improve. I’m told that Coach Poindexter was one of the people who vouched for Diaco in the DC selection process after Holt was let go. Well, now Diaco is gone and so is Poindexter. So is the DL coach brought in with 3-4 experience at Wisky and Air Force. Coincidence? I think not.

Let us know when you start battling 1.000 on your decisions, including hiring decisions. Brohm will be the first to admit that he made a bad choice with Diaco for our program at the time. Against his better judgment he went with that guy - checkered past and all - and got burned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT