ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Strickland Final 3

Dude a lot of predictions I’m watching have them like 14th in the country.. 10-2, contending for BT East #2 etc.. it’s hard to watch but it’s reality and hopefully it f-ing motivates brohm or someone above brohm
I’m excited for this season but Penix has to stay healthy and the ball will have to bounce their way to win 10 games. I really hope Penn St has an awful year so the good recruiting class that they’re having disbands as a lot of their top guys will most likely flip if that happens?

I’m excited for this season but Penix has to stay healthy and the ball will have to bounce their way to win 10 games. I really hope Penn St has an awful year so the good recruiting class that they’re having disbands as a lot of their top guys will most likely flip if that happens?
Typical IU. In the preseason- “we’re going to be great this year.” Halfway through the BIG conference schedule - “oh no, we suck again!”

You acting like IU is on par with PSU now is an absolute joke.

Typical IU. In the preseason- “we’re going to be great this year.” Halfway through the BIG conference schedule - “oh no, we suck again!”

Amazing how a fluke season with zero good wins makes them think they are a 10 win team suddenly. If I was a betting man, I'd say 7-8 for them.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Amazing how a fluke season with zero good wins makes them think they are a 10 win team suddenly. If I was a betting man, I'd say 7-8 for them.
I think it's more or less the regression of teams in the East than anything. This has to be the least fear striking Michigan team in two or three decades and I just don't think Penn State is that good. James Franklin is still their coach and Sean Clifford is still their QB. Penn State wasn't good last year and I'm not seeing what has changed from last year to this year?

10 wins is a stretch in my opinion but 8-4 sounds about right. I do see a path to 9-3.

I think it's more or less the regression of teams in the East than anything. This has to be the least fear striking Michigan team in two or three decades and I just don't think Penn State is that good. James Franklin is still their coach and Sean Clifford is still their QB. Penn State wasn't good last year and I'm not seeing what has changed from last year to this year?

10 wins is a stretch in my opinion but 8-4 sounds about right. I do see a path to 9-3.
Michigan has fallen back to the back. Kinda reminds me of the Hoke teams that started off awesome then flopped.

PSU is good. They are the second most talented team in the conference. Franklin is a mediocre coach but he can bring in players.

I hate PSU and don’t want them to bounce back. IU needs to keep getting better and I hope PSU continues to slide. You have no sense what do ever! Right now IU is good! They have talent on both sides of the ball but I doubt they’re deep so health is very important!

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
PSU is good. They are the second most talented team in the conference. Franklin is a mediocre coach but he can bring in players.
Yes they're good on talent and recruiting rankings, they were last year as well, I just don't think they are a very good team in comparison to the upper echelon of college football. A lot of that has to do with coaching, but I think their QB play is very suspect. It will be a tall task for IU to win in Happy Valley and one of the games I'm counting as a loss, but winning there this year wouldn't come as a huge shock like it would most years.

I think IU goes 8-4 and that would be good with the strength of their schedule but I’m hoping the stars alight and they do better than that

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
Go check the predictions.. even the Lafayette sports guy is saying their talent is scary .. I think they go 8-4/9-3 at least .. and in years where they’ve looked like a 4-8 team I’ve said that too

Reactions: New Coach Time
Go check the predictions.. even the Lafayette sports guy is saying their talent is scary .. I think they go 8-4/9-3 at least .. and in years where they’ve looked like a 4-8 team I’ve said that too
Predictions are just that. I'm not sure how good they are because they haven't played anyone good and got railed by osu before osu let off the gas. They have a tough schedule this year and could start 2-3 easy. They need an upset early to start better.

List me Tom Allen's top 5 best wins as iu head coach.
That's irrelevant. You play the teams you play, IU can't help that they were better than all but one of the teams they played in the B10 last year. Resume only matters if you're one of the few teams fighting for a CFP spot.

Yes they're good on talent and recruiting rankings, they were last year as well, I just don't think they are a very good team in comparison to the upper echelon of college football. A lot of that has to do with coaching, but I think their QB play is very suspect. It will be a tall task for IU to win in Happy Valley and one of the games I'm counting as a loss, but winning there this year wouldn't come as a huge shock like it would most years.
It was their Offensive Coordinator, who has since left/been shown the door. PSU has too much talent to stay where they were last year. And BTW, that poor PSU team had IU beat. The way that game played out was unbelievable.

That's irrelevant. You play the teams you play, IU can't help that they were better than all but one of the teams they played in the B10 last year. Resume only matters if you're one of the few teams fighting for a CFP spot.
I was responding to the zero good wins, I was using bias comment, which is actually relevant.

It's also relevant in me trying to determine how good iu is. Having a good record and beating no one good doesn't make a team good. That's why I'm hesitant to say more than 8.

I was responding to the zero good wins, I was using bias comment, which is actually relevant.

It's also relevant in me trying to determine how good iu is. Having a good record and beating no one good doesn't make a team good. That's why I'm hesitant to say more than 8.
So if they didn't beat any good teams last year and play essentially the same schedule with OOC opponents added why hesitant to say 8 wins this year?

I think you nailed it. O$U has accelerated beyond the BTE pack. PedSU has had some dismal years. But what about Meatchicken? How long will they hold on to Harbaugh? I can't see Jim making it another year without an upset win over O$U.

I think you nailed it. O$U has accelerated beyond the BTE pack. PedSU has had some dismal years. But what about Meatchicken? How long will they hold on to Harbaugh? I can't see Jim making it another year without an upset win over O$U.
Very true. Everybody is playing for second in regards to Ohio State. They are on a different planet than everyone else in the conference.

I thought UM just extended Harbaugh? But he's a dead man walking, you talk to almost any UM fan and their outlook on this season is extremely bleak. Same with a lot of Penn State fans.

Reactions: goboilers2
I agree, but they would have let him go after last year. They are up against it with who can we get whose better than what we have?

Reactions: goboilers2
So if they didn't beat any good teams last year and play essentially the same schedule with OOC opponents added why hesitant to say 8 wins this year?
I'm saying 7 or 8, but struggling to say more. Have to imagine psu and um get back to their normal selves. I see cincy as a loss for iu. Idk how to pick the Iowa game for iu. I think its close. Purdue game could go either way imo. Osu is a loss. Lots of questions.

They beat PSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin all in the same year! I know you’re going to say they had down years but that doesn’t matter. For programs like PU and IU wins like that are huge for your program! Plus IU played Ohio St at OSU better than Clemson did on a neutral field! They played bad and damn near beat Ole Miss without their starting QB. You’re trying very hard in your hoping you hat IU will go back to the basement this year but I don’t see it happening.

I'm saying 7 or 8, but struggling to say more. Have to imagine psu and um get back to their normal selves. I see cincy as a loss for iu. Idk how to pick the Iowa game for iu. I think its close. Purdue game could go either way imo. Osu is a loss. Lots of questions.
Using your logic you use against IU, why the love for Cincy? Who did Cincy beat last year that was a good team? I think both the Iowa and Cincy games will be barn burners next year. My head tells me IU splits. Winning at Penn State will be a tough task next year, that I agree. Don't believe they are going to overwhelm IU with talent though, they aren't nearly as good as their talent level suggests. Michigan will lose 7-8 games next year, they aren't good. They will start Cade McNamara by default and then turn the reigns over to a true freshman QB. That rarely goes over well.

They beat PSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin all in the same year! I know you’re going to say they had down years but that doesn’t matter. For programs like PU and IU wins like that are huge for your program! Plus IU played Ohio St at OSU better than Clemson did on a neutral field! They played bad and damn near beat Ole Miss without their starting QB. You’re trying very hard in your hoping you hat IU will go back to the basement this year but I don’t see it happening.
So you are bragging about beating two sub 500 teams and playing osu tough (if you ignore that iu was down by like 28 and osu let off the gas). Then about almost beating a sub .500 Ole miss missing their QB, RB, top 3 receivers, and a few more. And you say I'm trying hard to devalue iu? I really don't give a shit how good or bad iu is. Doesn't affect Purdue. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Iu did nothing impressive last year and looked good doing it. Prove me wrong.

Using your logic you use against IU, why the love for Cincy? Who did Cincy beat last year that was a good team? I think both the Iowa and Cincy games will be barn burners next year. My head tells me IU splits. Winning at Penn State will be a tough task next year, that I agree. Don't believe they are going to overwhelm IU with talent though, they aren't nearly as good as their talent level suggests. Michigan will lose 7-8 games next year, they aren't good. They will start Cade McNamara by default and then turn the reigns over to a true freshman QB. That rarely goes over well.
They put the absolute hurts to some pretty decent teams and should have beaten Georgia. That's more than iu can say.

They put the absolute hurts to some pretty decent teams and should have beaten Georgia. That's more than iu can say.
What decent teams? Teams like SMU and Memphis had inflated records because the AAC was one of the few conferences who played 10-11 game schedules AND (this is most important) played non-conference opponents. SMU was a 4-3 AAC team (that isn't a sign of a good team) who added 3 wins to their season total by beating Texas State (barely), North Texas, and Stephen F. Austin (FCS).

Your premise is that IU didn't play anybody good because they only beat 1 team with a winning record. That's bound to happen when you strictly play a conference schedule. Had PSU, Michigan, etc played a 10+ game regular season schedule with OOC opponents they all would have had winning records and it completely changes the narrative of your argument.

What decent teams? Teams like SMU and Memphis had inflated records because the AAC was one of the few conferences who played 10-11 game schedules AND (this is most important) played non-conference opponents. SMU was a 4-3 AAC team (that isn't a sign of a good team) who added 3 wins to their season total by beating Texas State (barely), North Texas, and Stephen F. Austin (FCS).

Your premise is that IU didn't play anybody good because they only beat 1 team with a winning record. That's bound to happen when you strictly play a conference schedule. Had PSU, Michigan, etc played a 10+ game regular season schedule with OOC opponents they all would have had winning records and it completely changes the narrative of your argument.
That was Tom Allen's first win over a team that finished with a winning record. In four years.

That was Tom Allen's first win over a team that finished with a winning record. In four years.
You can't compare the records of teams in the B10 playing a conference only schedule to the records of teams playing in the AAC who got to play 2-3 OOC games against low major and FCFS schools. Care to take a guess at what PSU's record would have been had they played SMU's schedule last year?

So you are bragging about beating two sub 500 teams and playing osu tough (if you ignore that iu was down by like 28 and osu let off the gas). Then about almost beating a sub .500 Ole miss missing their QB, RB, top 3 receivers, and a few more. And you say I'm trying hard to devalue iu? I really don't give a shit how good or bad iu is. Doesn't affect Purdue. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Iu did nothing impressive last year and looked good doing it. Prove me wrong.
It does effect PU as IU is now winning recruiting battles against PU. If you’re not smart enough to see how important those wins were then I’m guessing that you didn’t go to Purdue?

Lafayette sports opinion writer. He couldn’t write himself out of a wet paper bag. IU might win 5 games. More likely 3-4

Reactions: IndySouthsider
Outline who all you believe IU will beat on their very difficult schedule, please. I have IU winning 4 games.

You can't compare the records of teams in the B10 playing a conference only schedule to the records of teams playing in the AAC who got to play 2-3 OOC games against low major and FCFS schools. Care to take a guess at what PSU's record would have been had they played SMU's schedule last year?
I'm looking at Allen over 4 years. But if last years record doesn't count, Purdue gonna win 8. They were better than their record last year.

It does effect PU as IU is now winning recruiting battles against PU. If you’re not smart enough to see how important those wins were then I’m guessing that you didn’t go to Purdue?
Well. Last recruit Purdue was seriously going after that iu got was sales and I assume iu wanted Allen who is going to Purdue. Strickland is the only other one where both are really pushing for a guy. So it doesn't really.

Outline who all you believe IU will beat on their very difficult schedule, please. I have IU winning 4 games.
Iowa
Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Rutgers
Maryland
Michigan
Minny
Purdue

I’ll wager IU wins at least 7. Anything less I’ll buy you a premium subscription and you can renew mine. You won’t get better odds.

ADVERTISEMENT