ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Snook and Urban Meyer

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
On Saturday, Ohio State insider Jeff Snook revealed in an explosive new report that Texas coach Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy’s source for the story he broke about Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Tom Herman denied that he was the source but did confirm that he and his wife gave money to Courtney Smith. This story just gets more and more bizarre.

Reactions: pboiler18
On Saturday, Ohio State insider Jeff Snook revealed in an explosive new report that Texas coach Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy’s source for the story he broke about Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Tom Herman denied that he was the source but did confirm that he and his wife gave money to Courtney Smith. This story just gets more and more bizarre.
McMurphy already revealed that Herman was not his source.

I think OSU people are trying their best at this point to save Urban because clearly he screwed up.

McMurphy has the text messages between The Smith’s. Everyone who is refuting the claims hasn’t shown any evidence like emails or texts. Find it surprising that they haven’t disputed those texts about him choking her.

Reactions: Buening
McMurphy already revealed that Herman was not his source.

I think OSU people are trying their best at this point to save Urban because clearly he screwed up.

McMurphy has the text messages between The Smith’s. Everyone who is refuting the claims hasn’t shown any evidence like emails or texts. Find it surprising that they haven’t disputed those texts about him choking her.
Could have been Herman’s wife?

Could have been Herman’s wife?
Sure or a Yeti or better yet ET.

Everyone who has made claims against Smith’s wife and McMurphy’s reporting has been hersay with 0 evidence. In this day and age of digital communication there is <1% chance they wouldn’t have a record of this happening.

Tom Herman when he denied that he was the source, also addressed the Snook claim that he and Michelle [his wife] helped pay Courtney Smith's legal bills: "In March of 2017, my wife assisted her friend Courtney Smith during a time of financial need. We have not provided any financial assistance since then." Tweet from Tom Herman I suspect that he is admitting that he provided financial assistance to Courtney Smith because there are bank records of checks or ??? so he is caught on that one. Sound like Tom Herman's wife was a very good friend of Courtney Smith's

Tom Herman when he denied that he was the source, also addressed the Snook claim that he and Michelle [his wife] helped pay Courtney Smith's legal bills: "In March of 2017, my wife assisted her friend Courtney Smith during a time of financial need. We have not provided any financial assistance since then." Tweet from Tom Herman I suspect that he is admitting that he provided financial assistance to Courtney Smith because there are bank records of checks or ??? so he is caught on that one. Sound like Tom Herman's wife was a very good friend of Courtney Smith's
And this changes the main issue how?

And this changes the main issue how?
The topic is "Jeff Snook and Urban Meyer" so I am pointing out what Jeff Snook found out about Tom Herman and his wife that might affect Urban Meyer's status/case/hearing. In fact, I would think that OSU might want to speak to Tom Herman.

The topic is "Jeff Snook and Urban Meyer" so I am pointing out what Jeff Snook found out about Tom Herman and his wife that might affect Urban Meyer's status/case/hearing. In fact, I would think that OSU might want to speak to Tom Herman.
Snook has provided 0 proof to any of his claims and until he does he has no credibility.

McMurphy already stated that Herman is not his source.

End of the day if Herman helped with her legal bills that changes nothing if Urban didn’t properly report the crime which is the charge.

Snook has provided 0 proof to any of his claims and until he does he has no credibility.

End of the day if Herman helped with her legal bills that changes nothing if Urban didn’t properly report the crime which is the charge.

Actually the issue is why did he fire him? He seemed like a decent, legacy coach. For some reason Urban decided he should be let go. And there’s the rub.

Actually the issue is why did he fire him? He seemed like a decent, legacy coach. For some reason Urban decided he should be let go. And there’s the rub.
HE BEAT HIS WIFE. It was fine and dandy for Urban until he couldn’t hide the truth.

Reactions: ChuckJr

It's entirely possible Herman's wife was the source. She and Courtney Smith were supposedly good friends.

Wrong. O$U doesn't want to talk to anybody that might force their hand regarding Urban.

It's entirely possible Herman's wife was the source. She and Courtney Smith were supposedly good friends.
Possible - sure but what does it change?

Does that mean Urban didn’t have to report it because of this? Hint the answer is no - no it doesn’t change anything

People keep getting stuck on this "reporting" issue. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is, Urban continued to employ a coach, and that coach was known to be abusing his wife. This doesn't have to be a Title IX issue, a reporting issue, or anything more complicated than . . . Urban knew, should have terminated his employment, and did not. And, for that, Urban should be fired.

If it is not a Title IX issue then does a coach or assistant have to report a domestic problem that is occurring off campus? If so, how is that not "hearsay" [or gossip] if the coach or assistant has never witnessed any abuse? [In the Penn State case, a janitor and an assistant had separately witnessed Sandusky's behavior in a shower at the university] As I understand this case, Zach Miller denies hitting his wife and no charges were ever filed. Plus they were divorced for 3 years and his former wife did nothing in terms of filing charges. I am not suggesting that abuse did not occur but I do wonder what is the responsibility of coaches and assistants.

Reactions: Mullah
If it is not a Title IX issue then does a coach or assistant have to report a domestic problem that is occurring off campus? If so, how is that not "hearsay" [or gossip] if the coach or assistant has never witnessed any abuse? [In the Penn State case, a janitor and an assistant had separately witnessed Sandusky's behavior in a shower at the university] As I understand this case, Zach Miller denies hitting his wife and no charges were ever filed. Plus they were divorced for 3 years and his former wife did nothing in terms of filing charges. I am not suggesting that abuse did not occur but I do wonder what is the responsibility of coaches and assistants.
Similar to mine as a teacher or someone as a nurse or a doctor. We are required, by law, to be a notifying party. If one of my faculty members or student is causing abuse or the victim of it and I didn't report it....my ass is toast.

I think that if Tom Herman or his wife plays a role in this saga it's nothing but an interesting aside. Doesn't sound like it should change anything vis-a-vis Urban's job status or his duty to report allegations.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think that if Tom Herman or his wife plays a role in this saga it's nothing but an interesting aside. Doesn't sound like it should change anything vis-a-vis Urban's job status or his duty to report allegations.
You may be right but wouldn't Tom Herman have to report the abuse???? That is the question I don't understand: Who exactly is required to report abuse? If a person who is a coach?, teacher, nurse, or doctor knows that a person is being abused does he/she have to report it even if it is hearsay or a rumor and even if it is not happening in their area or jurisdiction? And my second question is: If no charges are filed by the adult being abused is the alleged abuser guilty or what?

You may be right but wouldn't Tom Herman have to report the abuse???? That is the question I don't understand: Who exactly is required to report abuse? If a person who is a coach?, teacher, nurse, or doctor knows that a person is being abused does he/she have to report it even if it is hearsay or a rumor and even if it is not happening in their area or jurisdiction? And my second question is: If no charges are filed by the adult being abused is the alleged abuser guilty or what?
Urban is the President and CEO of tOSU football so the buck stops with him.

Urban’s hand was forced the moment the McMurphy report came out to get rid of Smith. If Urban believed Smith was innocent he would have kept him on staff.

Herman doesn't work for tO$U so he is under no obligation to report anything about this case.

Reporting is required just for allegations of sexual misconduct (among other things) at the level Meyer is at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT