ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey goes from an all time Boiler favorite to all time scapegoat in one game.

No one in the NBA cares about any of this. $50 bet or no?

They don't care? Obviously you again failed to read what actual experts actually said.

Since you now claim to be the NBA’s official spokesman, put some actual team/scout quotes where your own mouth is. Just as I cited above. Updated since March 25. We’ll wait.

• Haha
Reactions: joseole101
First-team All-American vs. second team.
USA Today National Player of the Year and Bob Cousy winner vs. also-ran.

Dosunmu scored more, shot much better, both overall and from three, passed better, handled better, defended better, played better for a better team.

But he dropped after flops.
Ayo was older, played longer and played on a better team...Ayo had more or less topped out at who/what he was.

First-team AA vs 2nd-team is completely irrelevant as well.

I don't disagree with your point that Ayo was better at all of those things that you pointed out, but, literally nobody cares, because, while Ayo has made a team and has a chance to stick in the league and contribute, nobody ever thought Ayo may be the "next great thing"...that he could be Ja Morant (or better)...Ayo has nowhere near the athletic ability that Jaden does, and, nowhere near the ultimate upside either, and, THAT is what he is being drafted for/on.

They don't care? Obviously you again failed to read what actual experts actually said.

Since you now claim to be the NBA’s official spokesman, put some actual team/scout quotes where your own mouth is. Just as I cited above. Updated since March 25. We’ll wait.
$50 bet he goes in top 5. Yes or no?

A mock-draft lottery pick at the same position with better national recognition from better play and better numbers on a better team … “But after an underwhelming performance in the Big Ten tournament and Illinois' early exit in the NCAA tournament, teams began to sour on him.” Read that again. Read that linked story. I didn’t write that. An actual NBA expert did. After the actual NBA showed just how absolutely it does care about a poor postseason showing.

Ayo and Jaden even had the exact same numbers of points and turnovers in their NCAA upset exits -- 9 and 6. Both against small Catholic-school underdogs during Lent. Not a prayer.

That’s comparing their road apples to road apples, precisely, while others only got their own bullshit.

Last edited:
A mock-draft lottery pick at the same position with better national recognition from better play and better numbers on a better team … “But after an underwhelming performance in the Big Ten tournament and Illinois' early exit in the NCAA tournament, teams began to sour on him.” Read that again. Read that linked story. I didn’t write that. An actual NBA expert did. After the actual NBA showed just how absolutely it does care about a poor postseason showing.

Ayo and Jaden even had the exact same numbers of points and turnovers in their NCAA upset exits -- 9 and 6. Both against small Catholic-school underdogs during Lent. Not a prayer.

That’s comparing road apples to road apples, precisely, while others only got their own bullshit.
The only NBA experts that matter are the executives pulling the trigger in June.

Reactions: Level 42
The only NBA experts that matter are the executives pulling the trigger in June.

The whole NBA showed what matters -- just how absolutely it does care about a poor postseason showing. But you have repeatedly insisted otherwise. Prove it. Show something besides your own bullshit. Still waiting.

Hot on the red-carpet heels of Oscar Sunday, here’s a flashback from 55 years ago, how Sidney Poitier followed one of the best-picture years ever for any actor -- “In the Heat of the Night,” “To Sir, With Love” and “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner?” -- with a comparative bomb. Guess what it was called?

LoveofIvyposter.jpg

Here and now, life imitating art.

Hey, I’ve loved our Ivey, too. (And Abbey Lincoln.) But at least I recognize his production slid backwards through the last month and did nothing in that last game to help us or improve his draft stock. I’d love to see him return, improve, help win the Big Ten as a junior and get drafted as the NBA’s No. 1 pick, just like Joe Barry Carroll and Glenn Robinson did for Purdue. Now in the Ivey League.

Hot on the red-carpet heels of Oscar Sunday, here’s a flashback from 55 years ago, how Sidney Poitier followed one of the best-picture years ever for any actor -- “In the Heat of the Night,” “To Sir, With Love” and “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner?” -- with a comparative bomb. Guess what it was called?

LoveofIvyposter.jpg

Here and now, life imitating art.

Hey, I’ve loved our Ivey, too. (And Abbey Lincoln.) But at least I recognize his production slid backwards through the last month and did nothing in that last game to help us or improve his draft stock. I’d love to see him return, improve, help win the Big Ten as a junior and get drafted as the NBA’s No. 1 pick, just like Joe Barry Carroll and Glenn Robinson did for Purdue. Now in the Ivey League.

My favorite of the now-departed Sidney Poitier (RIP) was always "Lilies of the Field."

The scene in Juan's diner with Stanley Adams is underrated as well.....

Schmeeedt! You're going to build us a shapple!

71UMiJJQcBL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Reactions: Born Boiler
I admire the optimism or attempt at a positive spin, but, there is no silver lining with respect to what happened, and, as much as anything, it is just another blow to Purdue's national image/perception.

Ivey did not play his way out of anything, as, nobody cares at the NBA level what happened, and, Edey was never in the draft...I don't think Edey will ever be drafted for that matter.

Having Edey back at Purdue is a double-edged sword...blessing from an offensive standpoint with respect to his ability to score and draw fouls, but, a curse at the defensive end...he does not have the luxury that he had with Williams behind him now either. Admittedly, I would rather have him back than not, but, it still leaves Purdue in a bad spot defensively.
Eddy has to improve his Shot blocking to help keep him on the floor...

The whole NBA showed what matters -- just how absolutely it does care about a poor postseason showing. But you have repeatedly insisted otherwise. Prove it. Show something besides your own bullshit. Still waiting.
There is like ZERO chance Ivey does not go in the top 5...and, I am equally as confident, if not more, as New Pal that there is virtually nobody that cares at all what he did (or did not do) against Saint Peter's last week...does not mean that maybe they should...but, they don't...they ONLY care about selling tickets and winning games, and, if he gives them a better chance to do one, and, ideally both, he will be their pick...and, he does. The only way he does not go top 5 is if he just has awful workouts...to that point, he may not even do them, as, it is the literal only thing that would keep him out of the top 5.

Nbadraft.net had Ivey going #1 to Orlando when I looked the other day.

Williams going #49 to Golden State

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT