ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey goes from an all time Boiler favorite to all time scapegoat in one game.

I’ve been questioning his decision making for a while. His talent didn’t change. His decision making has been questionable most of the year.
I've been saying this for a while. Many have said his decision making is improved from last year, but last year he was really bad. And this year it depends on the game. Some he is average and some he is below average, never good.

He has helped Purdue win many games. But it was unfortunate his team couldn't rely on him when it mattered most

• Sad
Reactions: Do Dah Day
I don’t think Jaden was that different this game than in a lot of games honestly. Out of control drives, leaving his feet to pass and getting stuck, throwing up wild layups and hoping for a foul, long threes early in the clock. The shots aren’t turnovers on the scorecard but they are just as good as one. He had his moments during the season and sparked some runs for us for sure but this performance was far from an outlier. Best of luck to him in the league next year.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Every time a good shooter or scorer misses or makes a mistake, that quote is probably in their minds. I wish he could have played more disciplined, but for whatever reason, Ivey was doing his best to help the team. It would have helped immensely if we had another athletic guard who could handle the ball and get to the hoop, but if "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts...

Reactions: Riveting-
I've been saying this for a while. Many have said his decision making is improved from last year, but last year he was really bad. And this year it depends on the game. Some he is average and some he is below average, never good.

He has helped Purdue win many games. But it was unfortunate his team couldn't rely on him when it mattered most
He never takes the pull-up jumper that is there for the taking... 3 poiter or to the glass. 6 turnovers.., ?

Reactions: delarno
Anthony Bennett was a #1 pick. Its about potential and physical ability in the lottery. Thats why there are big misses.

The reason this season is a complete failure is we had all the talent and depth we could ever want and NO MAJOR INJURIES TO ANYONE. Actually, no injuries at all!

And we win nothing but some cheez its in a bowl. But hey Ivey won some AA awards.

That's on every player and coach to sit on for the next 5 months.

Yeah, he just didn’t look like he has enough ability to be a lottery pick. Probably best off to stay another year and learn how to play at a high-level and play in the spotlight. If any of the naysayers wanna argue that then let him transferred to Kentucky where he can play on an NBA roster but learn how to grow up

Lmao it’s literally the first 14 picks of the draft my guy.
The process will be repeated for the No. 2 overall pick, No. 3 overall pick and No. 4 overall pick. The lottery is over after the No. 4 pick is determined. The remainder of the lottery teams will select in positions 5 through 14 in inverse order of their consolidated standings.

The reason this season is a complete failure is we had all the talent and depth we could ever want and NO MAJOR INJURIES TO ANYONE. Actually, no injuries at all!

And we win nothing but some cheez its in a bowl. But hey Ivey won some AA awards.

That's on every player and coach to sit on for the next 5 months.
Actually Sasha broke his finger.

Reactions: Schnelk
$50? $100The loser donates to the charity of the winners choice.

Ivey gets drafted in the lottery, I win. He doesn’t, you win.

My charity is the Hope Center in Indianapolis. I would need to know your charity before I agree to it.
The process will be repeated for the No. 2 overall pick, No. 3 overall pick and No. 4 overall pick. The lottery is over after the No. 4 pick is determined. The remainder of the lottery teams will select in positions 5 through 14 in inverse order of their consolidated standings.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Wrong:

“The 37th annual NBA Draft Lottery will determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the 2021 NBA Draft. Drawings will be conducted to determine the first four picks in the NBA Draft. The remainder of the “lottery teams” will select in positions five through 14 in inverse order of their 2020-21 regular-season records.”

Yeah, he just didn’t look like he has enough ability to be a lottery pick. Probably best off to stay another year and learn how to play at a high-level and play in the spotlight. If any of the naysayers wanna argue that then let him transferred to Kentucky where he can play on an NBA roster but learn how to grow up
This offense is nothing like what he will be playing in next year.

Reactions: purdueplayer
ADVERTISEMENT