ADVERTISEMENT

J&C reporting Hall to MSU

I think Hall is a good young man and I was really looking forward to cheering him on. Now it seems like the only time I will be cheering for him is when MSU plays IU. The rest of the times I hope sparty loses every game .

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
Good Lord you're a bunch of toxic, delusional fools. That so many of you are convinced Izzo is dirty goes to show how disconnected IQ can be from ability to judge others.
Frickin' cement heads....
And yet here you are, generalizing and name calling on another schools forum. What does that make you? The noble defender of decency? I think not

Sounds like he’s a good kid and this is nothing against him at all but why wouldn’t you go to MSU? You can do whatever you want and Izzo won’t discipline you. The you get to have Izzo cry all over you by the bench

Scumbag coach, shit town, surrounding by criminal athletes, sexual assault U., terrible academics, won’t see the floor, get recruited over, more former players in jail than NBA, coach can’t past round of 32 lately. But hey, have fun kid!

Reactions: MSU1986
I'm sure it was the best deci$ion for him and his family. Wish him luck, but also glad PU didn't get him. On to the next.

Scumbag coach, shit town, surrounding by criminal athletes, sexual assault U., terrible academics, won’t see the floor, get recruited over, more former players in jail than NBA, coach can’t past round of 32 lately. But hey, have fun kid!

Untrue on all accounts. It’s your right to be upset about losing a good player but don’t disparage a university to fit your dim narrative. Purdue has been at odds with MSU for a long time with misplaced hatred because you lost a couple of recruits. If Izzo is dirty as you all claim then why was your legendary coach such good buddies with him? They say people tend to attract likeminded people.

Looks like he was fishing for anything but a Purdue offer. Then he got one.

Time to move on from this kid. I know I sure have.

Good Lord you're a bunch of toxic, delusional fools. That so many of you are convinced Izzo is dirty goes to show how disconnected IQ can be from ability to judge others.
Frickin' cement heads....

Untrue on all accounts. It’s your right to be upset about losing a good player but don’t disparage a university to fit your dim narrative. Purdue has been at odds with MSU for a long time with misplaced hatred because you lost a couple of recruits. If Izzo is dirty as you all claim then why was your legendary coach such good buddies with him? They say people tend to attract likeminded people.

I personally like the way Izzo punished his players accused of rape (Payne and appling) and his coach who hit women (Walton) by not doin a damn thing. Walton even lived with him correct?

As far as recruiting I can't prove a lot of the things I see him accused of doing so innocent until proven guilty but didn't it come out that bridges got paid? Idk how you clear someone and also donate to charity the amount that was said to be given. Am I misunderstanding that one?

Can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all so I'll give him one compliment. He can wear the shit out of a ribbon.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Someone please tell me what sport is Purdue good at playing?
Well I might be mistaken but Purdue I think just beat MSU in volleyball the other day, was a lot better in baseball than MSU, went farther in the tournament the last couple years in basketball than MSU, and even though they got beat by MSU on Saturday the football team has come out of the shitter so far that they were picked to win by the game day crew on the road at an MSU team that was preseason top 15.

Golf is always good. So is track. Just had a couple of Olympic medalists divers that I'm sure you cheered for a few years ago if you any pride in your country.

I think Purdue sports overall is in a good spot. Does this answer your question?

Last edited:
Reactions: tenwest
Well I might be mistaken but Purdue I think just beat MSU in volleyball the other day, was a lot better in baseball than MSU, went farther in the tournament the last couple years in basketball than MSU, and even though they got beat by MSU on Saturday the football team has come out of the shitter so far that they were favored on the road at an MSU team that was preseason top 15.

Golf is always good. So is track. Just had a couple of Olympic medalists divers that I'm sure you cheered for a few years ago if you any pride in your country.

I think Purdue sports overall is in a good spot. Does this answer your question?

He must have missed the all time record vs M$U......

I personally like the way Izzo punished his players accused of rape (Payne and appling) and his coach who hit women (Walton) by not doin a damn thing. Walton even lived with him correct?

As far as recruiting I can't prove a lot of the things I see him accused of doing so innocent until proven guilty but didn't it come out that bridges got paid? Idk how you clear someone and also donate to charity the amount that was said to be given. Am I misunderstanding that one?

Can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all so I'll give him one compliment. He can wear the shit out of a ribbon.
You mean Payne and Appling and Walton who were never charged/arrested/convicted? Those guys? Punish them because someone starts a rumor with no substance? I mean if you don’t like losing out on a recruit I conpletely get it. Just don’t make shit up to make yourself feel better

An allegation was made against Payne and Appling and not only where they not convicted of a crime they weren’t even charged with a crime. Walton was an former player when an allegation was made against him and again no charges were filed. If you feel people should be punished based simply on allegations then our entire justice system would need to be rewritten.

In the Appling case the Prosecutor (who attended UM and who had been no friend to MSU athletes over the years) come out and said “no crime had been committed”. He didn’t say “there wasn’t enough evidence to arrest”, he said no crime had been committed. That’s a pretty strong indicator that a sexual assault did not occur.

With regards to Bridges, his mom got a lunch paid by an agent. Neither Bridges nor Tom Izzo knew it happened. It also happened a year AFTER he had been playing for MSU (summer after his Freshman year). I have no idea how this makes either Tom Izzo or Miles Bridges dirty. The NCAA required that the money be paid back by Bridges mom and it was considered over.

With regard to Walton he was accused by a woman that he had slapped her but others at the bar where it occurred had a different story. The police never filed an arrest warrant so there was insufficient evidence to meet the lowest bar of guilt in American law.

Last edited:
You mean Payne and Appling and Walton who were never charged/arrested/convicted? Those guys? Punish them because someone starts a rumor with no substance? I mean if you don’t like losing out on a recruit I conpletely get it. Just don’t make shit up to make yourself feel better
Didn't Payne sort of admit to it though? He was quoted as saying "I could see how she felt like she couldn't leave" Also the magic cut ties with him pretty damn quick after the issue became news against MSU.

I don't remember appling commenting on the issue while in jail for other reasons. Has he since he's been out?

Didn't know Walton was accused of sexual assault as well as hittin a woman in the face until I just looked it up. He got put on leave so what's the latest on him? Is he off leave yet?

The questions I'm asking I'm genuinely curious to what you have to say.

Reactions: spartan tim
In the Appling case the Prosecutor (who attended UM and who had been no friend to MSU athletes over the years) come out and said “no crime had been committed”. He didn’t say “there wasn’t enough evidence to arrest”, he said no crime had been committed. That’s a pretty strong indicator that a sexual assault did not occur.

With regards to Bridges, his mom got a lunch paid by an agent. Neither Bridges nor Tom Izzo knew it happened. It also happened a year AFTER he had been playing for MSU (summer after his Freshman year). I have no idea how this makes either Tom Izzo or Miles Bridges dirty. The NCAA required that the money be paid back by Bridges mom and it was considered over.

With regard to Walton he was accused by a woman that he had slapped her but others at the bar where it occurred had a different story. The police never filed an arrest warrant so there was insufficient evidence to meet the lowest bar of guilt in American law.
Thought there was $400 involved in there somewhere. Just a drop in the bucket compared to what we are seeing some get but it was still on that guys books.

From an IU fan ( I know you guys could care less) but Hall IMO made a bad call. Think his development would be much better at PU under Painter and staff. Well Izzo can still sell his schtick.

Didn't Payne sort of admit to it though? He was quoted as saying "I could see how she felt like she couldn't leave" Also the magic cut ties with him pretty damn quick after the issue became news against MSU.

I don't remember appling commenting on the issue while in jail for other reasons. Has he since he's been out?

Didn't know Walton was accused of sexual assault as well as hittin a woman in the face until I just looked it up. He got put on leave so what's the latest on him? Is he off leave yet?

Payne’s statement in a vacuum means very little. You don’t know what the accuser said when she was questioned by investigators. In my time as a police officer there were occasions when women walked back their stories under questioning. Most sexual assault victims tell the truth but on occasion their stories change. For the female investigators to tell the prosecutor that no crime was committed and for the prosecutor to tell the same thing to the press makes me believe that Payne’s statement had no bearing on whether or not a crime occurred given the rest of the evidence.

If the Magic cut ties with a player who had been cleared by 3 different investigating agencies (Prosecutors office, Title IX and the office of equal opportunity) then that’s a shame.

Payne’s statement in a vacuum means very little. You don’t know what the accuser said when she was questioned by investigators. In my time as a police officer there were occasions when women walked back their stories under questioning. Most sexual assault victims tell the truth but on occasion their stories change. For the female investigators to tell the prosecutor that no crime was committed and for the prosecutor to tell the same thing to the press makes me believe that Payne’s statement had no bearing on whether or not a crime occurred given the rest of the evidence.

If the Magic cut ties with a player who had been cleared by 3 different investigating agencies (Prosecutors office, Title IX and the office of equal opportunity) then that’s a shame.
You're right and I believe in innocent until proven guilty. With how it's been proven how the AD up there has handled this stuff though it just makes you wonder about all of it.

Reactions: PU pit bull

Key word you use is accused. Payne got cut because he really isn’t a good nba player. Appling has screwed up his life and Walton got caught up in the whole espn Nassar trying to tie into Izzo and dantonio. Let me ask you, do you punish an employee or child because someone accuses them of something? Izzo and Dantonio are not cut that way. They have lost recruits because they refuse to pay handlers or parents and I’m sure Painter is the same way. They are all very good coaches that we should be proud of

Key word you use is accused. Payne got cut because he really isn’t a good nba player. Appling has screwed up his life and Walton got caught up in the whole espn Nassar trying to tie into Izzo and dantonio. Let me ask you, do you punish an employee or child because someone accuses them of something? Izzo and Dantonio are not cut that way. They have lost recruits because they refuse to pay handlers or parents and I’m sure Painter is the same way. They are all very good coaches that we should be proud of

As we've found out...……..these guys aren't all saints...……..especially where there's been lots of smoke

Thought there was $400 involved in there somewhere. Just a drop in the bucket compared to what we are seeing some get but it was still on that guys books.
Just read about that after you posted. His mom received a lunch and a loan for $400. Both occurred a year after coming to MSU so it was not an inducement to get Miles to commit to MSU. Moreover, Miles mom was unhappy that Miles decided to stay another year at MSU. Miles had no knowledge of it since the agent went straight to Mom. It was paid back but my question still stands. How does this make Tom Izzo or Miles dirty?

BTW, I very much appreciate the civility! Nice to know opposing points of view can be discussed without getting ugly with comments. Thanks! I really like Purdue basketball and I always pull for them except when they play MSU

Just read about that after you posted. His mom received a lunch and a loan for $400. Both occurred a year after coming to MSU so it was not an inducement to get Miles to commit to MSU. Moreover. Miles mom was unhappy that Miles decided to stay another year at MSU. Miles had no knowledge of it since the agent went straight to Mom. It was paid back but my question still stands. How does this make Tom Izzo or Miles dirty?

According to you, Izzo weasels his way out of any questionable situation unscathed...…..gets to sounding kind of fishy after a while IMO

According to you, Izzo weasels his way out of any questionable situation unscathed...…..gets to sounding kind of fishy after a while IMO

I’m just not sure how he’s weaseling his way out of anything here. He had nothing to do with what happened between two other individuals (Miles mom and an agent). Is he supposed to get reports on who Miles mom talks to and who she has lunch?

Reactions: JRMSU
To your question on how I'd handle it Read my response to @Spartanfan

Just seems like a lot of smoke has came out about MSU athletics. A lot more than most schools and that's not counting the Nassar stuff. Where there's smoke there's usually fire and with how the AD there has shown they've handled things it just wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Until it can be proven though then you cant or shouldn't do anything if I am to stay true to me beliefs. Just my opinion.

As far as paying players, in your opinion how should parents getting paid without the kids or coach knowing be handled. That's what has been claimed by some in this thread. what if the money was given to the mom to send the kid. Kids won't challenge their parents on where they got the money they give them so is that a loophole? My parents put money in my account when i was at school. I just assumed it was money they worked for.

Just read about that after you posted. His mom received a lunch and a loan for $400. Both occurred a year after coming to MSU so it was not an inducement to get Miles to commit to MSU. Moreover, Miles mom was unhappy that Miles decided to stay another year at MSU. Miles had no knowledge of it since the agent went straight to Mom. It was paid back but my question still stands. How does this make Tom Izzo or Miles dirty?
I guess you can't tie them to any of it which is why nothing happened. Im curious to know the path the money took after it went into his moms hands. If she gave it to miles and said it was from her is that just a loophole the agent figured out he could use? How does that work?

Appreciate the convo with you and @spartan tim btw

An allegation was made against Payne and Appling and not only where they not convicted of a crime they weren’t even charged with a crime. Walton was an former player when an allegation was made against him and again no charges were filed. If you feel people should be punished based simply on allegations then our entire justice system would need to be rewritten.
LJ Scott been arrested like 7 times and still plays on Saturday. msu is a shitshow

BTW, I very much appreciate the civility! Nice to know opposing points of view can be discussed without getting ugly with comments. Thanks! I really like Purdue basketball and I always pull for them except when they play MSU

at least Appling and Nix got a good education

I guess you can't tie them to any of it which is why nothing happened. Im curious to know the path the money took after it went into his moms hands. If she gave it to miles and said it was from her is that just a loophole the agent figured out he could use? How does that work?

Appreciate the convo with you and @spartan tim btw

I don’t know if it went that far in the investigation. If anyone could prove that I’m sure we would have heard about it. From my understanding Miles had made the decision to stay at school for another year prior to the lunch (a decision his mother was very vocal about not supporting). He seemed genuinely shaken up when he heard about it and very unhappy with his mother. Now whether he was shaken up because he and his mom got caught or because he was worried about being declared ineligible is anyone’s guess but given all the circumstances it appears Miles didn’t know anything about it (if he had been at the meeting it’s a different ball of wax but according to all parties he wasn’t and didn’t know about it). Miles mom verified that Miles didn’t know about the meeting. I also don’t think he’d risk losing his eligibility for $400.00. Especially since he had just turned down millions to stay in school another year.

I’ve enjoyed the conversation as well. Thanks

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Deadspin piece on the Appling and Payne rape from 2010:

https://deadspin.com/5651355/sexual...state-players-why-arent-charges-being-brought

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Two Michigan State Players: Why Aren't Charges Being Brought?
Barry Petchesky9/29/10 4:05pm
17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Two MSU players were accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus in August. Despite a police recommendation to prosecute, and one of the accused players later corroborating the victim's account, the prosecutor's office will not be pursuing the case.

The two players have not and will not be named, as long as they aren't charged with any crime. And it doesn't look like they ever will be, despite what looks to our untrained eyes like plenty of evidence to go forward.

The woman met the two at a dorm orientation meeting, she says in the police report. After a few drinks she returned to the players' room.

Once in the room, the three started playing basketball using a mini-hoop. When the victim missed a basket, one of the men told her she had to remove an article of clothing. The victim agreed and removed her t-shirt because she had a tank top on underneath.

At this point, the victim says, the players began to deliberately miss baskets until they were stripped "completely naked." One of the men allegedly blocked the doorway to the room, while the other "cornered" the victim in the room.

"[The victim] explained to [detectives] that the body language of [the players] suggested she was not free to leave," the report says. "[Redacted] was blocking any escape path to the exit of the dorm room. [The victim] stated that after [redacted] approached the door he turned the lights in the room off and the room went completely dark. At this point, the sexual assault began."

The victim told police the players penetrated her in various positions. The victim told detectives the players allegedly asked her "how does that feel?" and "how do you want it?" The victim says she told the players she didn't want it and gave "other indicators she was not a willing participant."

The victim told police that the players pinned her down, but at one point she freed her arms momentarily and struck one of the players in the face. The player was on top of her and in response to her hitting him, he allegedly said, "Don't. Just relax. C'mon," as he continued to assault her, the report says.

According to the Ingham County Prosecutor, charging a case like this "requires the element of force and/or coercion," and of the prosecutors who reviewed it, "none could find any of these necessary elements." It's almost like they didn't read the police report.

It gets worse: the MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

After all this, MSU Police forwarded their report to the prosecutor's office with a recommendation that the two players be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1, the most serious level of assault.

Prosecutors say the decision not to bring charges was a mutual one, made with the victim's agreement. She denies this, though she admits to being wary of the backlash that inevitably hits anyone accusing athletes of sexual assault.

I worry about what would happen if it didn't go through and having to deal with all the publicity and everything that goes with pursuing charges," she said. "But also I am angry. It's just that everybody looks at them as heroes and they're so excited for basketball season that [the players] get off without anybody caring. They haven't even been punished."

Maybe not in a courtroom. But it's a matter of time before the rumor mill, the media, and public opinion put everyone involved through the wringer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT