ADVERTISEMENT

IU's 5 Star Mgbako Arrested at Taco Bell

You miss-read the story.. he returned to the Taco Bell lot to park. In violation of police instructions, trespassing onto the Bell’s property.
Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again.

??

Reactions: Poprudy
What article are you getting this from? Here is where I pulled the info I posted:

He's already tried to blame the cops that did their job and gave the kid every opportunity, but why not blame them for everything. Sounds like a typical person wanting to blame them until he desperately needs their services.

News flash. Kid was on private property, was told to leave, wouldn't/didn't meet the demands of TB or the Police. Refusal to leave such property is considered criminal trespass.

Read #68 really good...it's not hard to understand. They determined he was under arrest for refusal prior to moving his vehicle to another lot...that's not directed towards you...btw

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He's already tried to blame the cops that did their job and gave the kid every opportunity, but why not blame them for everything. Sounds like a typical person wanting to blame them until he desperately needs their services.

News flash. Kid was on private property, was told to leave, wouldn't/didn't meet the demands of TB or the Police. Refusal to leave such property is considered criminal trespass.

Read #68 really good...it's not hard to understand. They determined he was under arrest for refusal prior to moving his vehicle to another lot...that's not directed towards you...btw
He sat in a parking lot too long then moved to another parking lot. Probably should have called a swat team.

He sat in a parking lot too long then moved to another parking lot. Probably should have called a swat team.
Call legislation and have them change the law. You remind me of the typical person that will need that enforcement some day. Then you'll understand...maybe not.

I had a drunk driver run into the back of my house/master bedroom on a ranch style home. The bumper hit her(my wife) head and he was able to back out and take off....do you get how the law works?? Just because you leave that doesn't mean you didn't break the law or have the right to leave the command of law enforcement. I've worked in some form of government law for over 25 years and people never cease to amaze me.

I hope you never need law enforcement because you shouldn't call😉

Last edited:
Maybe DOJ can advise on that based on their experience in bringing baseless charges against leading political opponents.

Multiple CRIMINAL INDICTMENTS are not baseless charges..... as you will SOON LEARN........ :)
His cronies are falling like domino's. As ALWAYS happens with a collapsing criminal enterprise.
Like rats from a sinking ship.
Immensely enjoyable.

Last edited:
Call legislation and have them change the law. You remind me of the typical person that will need that enforcement some day. Then you'll understand...maybe not.

I had a drunk driver run into the back of my house/master bedroom on a ranch style home. The bumper hit her(my wife) head and he was able to back out and take off....do you get how the law works?? Just because you leave that doesn't mean you didn't break the law or have the right to leave the command of law enforcement. I've worked in some form of government law for over 25 years and people never cease to amaze me.

I hope you never need law enforcement because you shouldn't call😉
I agree, all laws are equally important and should be enforced as such. And anyone who ever questions anything about law enforcement should be permanently excluded from their services.

I sincerely hope your wife is ok.

I agree, all laws are equally important and should be enforced as such. And anyone who ever questions anything about law enforcement should be permanently excluded from their services.

I sincerely hope your wife is ok.

So you have no questions about any of the police beatings or shooting of citizens on film eh?

Are you a dropout from IU's nationally acclaimed General Studies program by any chance?

Your subtle use of all caps is a nice way to emphasize the profundity of your statement, btw. HoFan will commend you.
Said the trumpie still clinging to belief. yikes......... Rudy Giuliani will commend you.
Your not so subtle inability to tell what ALL CAPS means is a nice way to show your trumpian stupidity

• Sad
Reactions: z_one and Riveting-
So you have no questions about any of the police beatings or shooting of citizens on film eh?
This wasn't a police issue. This is an 18yo that made an unfortunate decision. He made the decision to defy TB's request a privately owned company and the police command. Police are a tax service and tax dollars are used for such. I would be highly upset if they didn't do their job to serve and protect.

I also, noticed you left out people who fail to respect police commands, loot and/or riot. Sounds like you are that person. Until it falls into your neighborhood.

I'll bet his parents, Woodson and/or IU don't agree with his actions. That in itself tells me his actions were wrong.

I read and quoted the words that you posted
No where in the article I posted does it say "near by lot". All of this took place on Taco Bell Property. I don't get why you are insisting he was arrested in some other lot?? He was in clear violation of police orders then resisted arrest.

Just to be clear, here is what I posted:

Officers asked Mgbako to move his vehicle from the drive-thru line, which he agreed to do and moved the vehicle into a parking space in the Taco Bell lot. Upon speaking further with management, they requested that officers tell Mgbako to leave the property. Officers explained to Mgbako that he needed to leave the property and he refused to do so and kept the windows closed on his vehicle. At one point, Mgbako began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again in a parking space on Taco Bell property. He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again. Officers approached his vehicle and advised him that he was under arrest and that he needed to exit his vehicle, but he refused to do so. Officers had to use a baton to break the passenger side window of the vehicle to unlock the doors. Upon opening the driver’s door, Mgbako was given commands to exit the driver’s seat, but he refused to do so. Officers had to forcibly remove him from the vehicle and he tensed his arms and would not allow officers to secure him in handcuffs.

He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again.

If the police report accurately and entirely captures what happened (and no reason to believe it doesn't) they told him to leave the property repeatedly and then said he'd be arrested for staying. Upon hearing that he left the property. Then they went to the nearby (not on property) lot and arrested him.

He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again.

If the police report accurately and entirely captures what happened (and no reason to believe it doesn't) they told him to leave the property repeatedly and then said he'd be arrested for staying. Upon hearing that he left the property. Then they went to the nearby (not on property) lot and arrested him.
If the police report accurately and entirely captures what happened (and no reason to believe it doesn't) they told him to leave the property repeatedly and then said he'd be arrested for staying or TRESPASSING?...good twist of the facts. Upon hearing that he left the property. Then they went to the nearby (not on property) lot and arrested him.

You did the same by not reading the report.

If the police report accurately and entirely captures what happened (and no reason to believe it doesn't) they told him to leave the property repeatedly and then said he'd be arrested for staying. Upon hearing that he left the property. Then they went to the nearby (not on property) lot and arrested him
It's not hard to read this report.

He failed to comply, stayed on TB property, officers determined he would be arrested for trespassing and then moved to a nearby lot and parked again.

They determined he would be arrested while on TB's parking lot before he moved....make sense?

Last edited:
Partial to strawberry shortcake - Juanita always gave me an extra slice for a big stake-out.

giphy.gif
I didn’t major in English though I almost got my minor in it.

It's not hard to read this report.

He failed to comply, stayed on TB property, officers determined he would be arrested for trespassing and then moved to a nearby lot and parked again.

They determined he would be arrested while on TB's parking lot before he moved....make sense?
Makes perfect sense -- we agree. The report reads that they'd already made the decision, but that by the time they went to arrest him he had (belatedly) followed their commands and left the lot.

• Haha

No meme?

Makes perfect sense -- we agree. The report reads that they'd already made the decision, but that by the time they went to arrest him he had (belatedly) followed their commands and left the lot.
lol. That'll be a negative.

He had 'intent' not to follow commands which gave them the right for the PC. He was notified that he would be put under arrest and didn't exit the vehicle.

You IU guys will make anything up for your narrative.

Reactions: mathboy
This wasn't a police issue. This is an 18yo that made an unfortunate decision. He made the decision to defy TB's request a privately owned company and the police command. Police are a tax service and tax dollars are used for such. I would be highly upset if they didn't do their job to serve and protect.

I also, noticed you left out people who fail to respect police commands, loot and/or riot. Sounds like you are that person. Until it falls into your neighborhood.

I'll bet his parents, Woodson and/or IU don't agree with his actions. That in itself tells me his actions were wrong.
I would hope his parents don’t agree with his actions, but you never know.
Have you seen some of the parents at sporting events recently?
For so many parents, their kids can do no wrong or they are living their lives through their kids lives anymore. The reason we see so much of this type of stuff is due to the parents.

I would hope his parents don’t agree with his actions, but you never know.
Have you seen some of the parents at sporting events recently?
For so many parents, their kids can do no wrong or they are living their lives through their kids lives anymore. The reason we see so much of this type of stuff is due to the parents.
100% agree.

lol. That'll be a negative.

He had 'intent' not to follow commands which gave them the right for the PC. He was notified that he would be put under arrest and didn't exit the vehicle.

You IU guys will make anything up for your narrative.
I agree with all of that too.

Except, not sure I agree with the part where I'm making up things to fit a narrative, because since we agree on exactly what the police report says, you would be signing on that narrative.

I agree with all of that too.

Except, not sure I agree with the part where I'm making up things to fit a narrative, because since we agree on exactly what the police report says, you would be signing on that narrative.
Only IU fans...

Your narrative was he 'belatedly' followed commands and left the lot. Which, I disagree.

He intentionally left the lot after being warned he was under arrest and needed his window broken because he resisted(hindering an officer to arrest). IU fans are familiar with this ala Xavier.

Reactions: bonefish1
Only IU fans...

Your narrative was he 'belatedly' followed commands and left the lot. Which, I disagree.

He intentionally left the lot after being warned he was under arrest and needed his window broken because he resisted(hindering an officer to arrest). IU fans are familiar with this ala Xavier.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages
be·lat·ed·ly
/bəˈlādədlē/
adverb
later than should have been the case.

Why you somehow think worse of IU fans because of the use of "belatedly" when someone gets arrested for following police commands "later than should have been the case" is beyond me. They decided they were going to arrest him for not leaving the parking space in the fast food lot. When they went to do so he had moved out of the lot, but they had already made their decision and arrested him anyway. In my opinion, not exactly the crime of the century.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages
be·lat·ed·ly
/bəˈlādədlē/
adverb
later than should have been the case.

Why you somehow think worse of IU fans because of the use of "belatedly" when someone gets arrested for following police commands "later than should have been the case" is beyond me. They decided they were going to arrest him for not leaving the parking space in the fast food lot. When they went to do so he had moved out of the lot, but they had already made their decision and arrested him anyway. In my opinion, not exactly the crime of the century.
It's the fact you claim he followed commands with a defense as "belatedly". Now, that is comical...especially when he wouldn't leave his vehicle.

No one said it was the crime of the century. IU fans would rather blame the TB employee's and Law Enforcement.

Maybe this report from the Bloomington Police Department will help clarify the situation:
Officers asked Mgbako to move his vehicle from the drive-thru line, which he agreed to do and moved the vehicle into a parking space in the Taco Bell lot. Upon speaking further with management, they requested that officers tell Mgbako to leave the property. Officers explained to Mgbako that he needed to leave the property and he refused to do so and kept the windows closed on his vehicle. At one point, Mgbako began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again in a parking space on Taco Bell property. He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again. Officers approached his vehicle and advised him that he was under arrest and that he needed to exit his vehicle, but he refused to do so. Officers had to use a baton to break the passenger side window of the vehicle to unlock the doors. Upon opening the driver’s door, Mgbako was given commands to exit the driver’s seat, but he refused to do so. Officers had to forcibly remove him from the vehicle and he tensed his arms and would not allow officers to secure him in handcuffs.

No where in here is the Taco Bell service part of the issue. Here is a clear and very damning story of an entitled asshat disobeying direct police orders and resisting arrest. Say what you will about his reasons, he should never had escalated this to the point where he is lead away in handcuffs.

:cool:

BLOOMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Like I said, tune his ass up.

Like me, I'm guessing a lot of you grew up in a similar household where at some point, you got defiant when it came to taking instructions from your father and you got the "we can either do this my way or the hard way" ultimatum. This usually resulted in a physically painful reminder of who was bigger, stronger and in charge.
It's the same thing with these idiots who refuse to listen to police and think they can defy their orders. F around and find out.
Of course, I'm sure there's some weak minded people out there who don't believe in disciplining children.
Those of us who received good old fashioned discipline from Dad generally turned out pretty OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibew481
99% of them deserved it.
Follow police orders, don't resist and don't fight the cops. Seems pretty simple to me.
Mgbako was apparently part of the 1%.

After reviewing the evidence, it has been decided that he will not be charged with resisting. He apparently is left with paying a fine for not leaving a Taco Bell Parking lot quickly enough.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT