ADVERTISEMENT

IU's 5 Star Mgbako Arrested at Taco Bell

I definitely agree with being an 18 yo kid and making mistakes, but times are also different. I don't recall seeing so many people/kids blatantly disregarding police commands. If, we thought the cops were coming.....we were running.
They should have tuned his ass up.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Hard to believe he’s not either drunk or high in this story, if he isn’t it’s not a big deal, although, not sure why he’d be so pissed.

If people could learn to shut up, follow police direction and not think they have the right to fight the cops, we'd have a lot less burning and looting.
This is usually what someone does that is wasted, good thing for him that it looks like he wasn’t. Not going to lie, I did dumb shit at fast food restaurants at that age, I was hammered as well, got a well deserved DUI to boot.

That’s a shame.
200.webp

Reactions: DrEss
And it says I joined Tar Heel Radar on September 17, 2020. It says I joined Devils Illustrated on Dec 29, 2022.

Neither is accurate. I was a premium member on Rivals using this account more than a decade ago. I posted on several boards over the years, including this one.

At some point over the past 10 years, Rivals changed board software and it reset my post history. Now each time I post on a Rivals board for the first time since the software change, it says I just joined. But this account was literally created on Rivals when Chappelle Show was still airing new episodes on Comedy Central.

Glad I could clear that up.
Regardless, you decided to come out of retirement to call someone a “Karen” multiple times. My point stands about you needing some fresh air.

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
In my youth I had plenty of interactions with the police. Once for possession of weed. All the other times were for parties being broken up, a car being pulled over, or a friend being cited/arrested. Never once did I or any friend ignore police commands. And if they gave us the opportunity to leave, we dang sure didn't pull a Karen and refuse.
Talk about stress relief, hearing a cop say get out of here and don't let me catch you out again tonight. Music to my ears.

Talk about stress relief, hearing a cop say get out of here and don't let me catch you out again tonight. Music to my ears.
Amen! I would have been thrilled to hear that twice in my life....didn't happen either time, had to pay the price.

Not trying to engage with DD or elevate anything of his, but this is pretty spot on.

I’m kinda surprised you are saying Dakich is spot-on. Dakich is not credible about much of anything IMO, and he sure as hell doesn’t have any knowledge about what happened in this incident.

He’s bitter, and he’s guessing. Could he be right? Sure; anyone that’s guessing could be. He doesn’t like Woodson and loves Fife? That should be a red flag in itself.

Most restaurant employees and managers bend over backward to please customers. Given the entitled actions of some customers, I’m betting the Taco Bell people are the victims here and the player was being a jerk. If you hear about how bad the Taco people treated the player, then Dakick is probably spot on.

I’m kinda surprised you are saying Dakich is spot-on. Dakich is not credible about much of anything IMO, and he sure as hell doesn’t have any knowledge about what happened in this incident.

He’s bitter, and he’s guessing. Could he be right? Sure; anyone that’s guessing could be. He doesn’t like Woodson and loves Fife? That should be a red flag in itself.
I was more pointing that Rabo is doing IUBB dirty work by claiming there are differing accounts. His article cites 0 differing facts/statements. Perhaps that is behind the paywall?

I realize Dan believes he is the begotten son who will one day be called to take the reins of the program again. TIC

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Most restaurant employees and managers bend over backward to please customers. Given the entitled actions of some customers, I’m betting the Taco Bell people are the victims here and the player was being a jerk. If you hear about how bad the Taco people treated the player, then Dakick is probably spot on.
NOT SAYING Mgbako is in the right or that I have any personal knowledge of the incident, but your post is not reflective of someone who has dealt with that Taco Bell in Bloomington late at night lol.

Ant Wright has been posting reviews of that Taco Bell from the months before this incident, and they are kinda funny and really harsh, along the lines of “I ordered on the app and pre-paid, but when I got there they told me they were closed for two hours.”

This is potentially very similar to the Trevion Williams Mickey D’s matter.

NOT SAYING Mgbako is in the right or that I have any personal knowledge of the incident, but your post is not reflective of someone who has dealt with that Taco Bell in Bloomington late at night lol.

Ant Wright has been posting reviews of that Taco Bell from the months before this incident, and they are kinda funny and really harsh, along the lines of “I ordered on the app and pre-paid, but when I got there they told me they were closed for two hours.”

Give that boy his basket of fries.

That Fife is like Ishmael, robbed of his rightful throne and now been banished to the dessert.
Ish did get a bum deal, being circumcised at 13 and then kicked out at 14.

Could be the plot of a new Peacock series, although I will be cancelling as soon as the Clownpants hoops broadcast is over.

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Maybe this report from the Bloomington Police Department will help clarify the situation:
Officers asked Mgbako to move his vehicle from the drive-thru line, which he agreed to do and moved the vehicle into a parking space in the Taco Bell lot. Upon speaking further with management, they requested that officers tell Mgbako to leave the property. Officers explained to Mgbako that he needed to leave the property and he refused to do so and kept the windows closed on his vehicle. At one point, Mgbako began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again in a parking space on Taco Bell property. He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again. Officers approached his vehicle and advised him that he was under arrest and that he needed to exit his vehicle, but he refused to do so. Officers had to use a baton to break the passenger side window of the vehicle to unlock the doors. Upon opening the driver’s door, Mgbako was given commands to exit the driver’s seat, but he refused to do so. Officers had to forcibly remove him from the vehicle and he tensed his arms and would not allow officers to secure him in handcuffs.

No where in here is the Taco Bell service part of the issue. Here is a clear and very damning story of an entitled asshat disobeying direct police orders and resisting arrest. Say what you will about his reasons, he should never had escalated this to the point where he is lead away in handcuffs.

:cool:

BLOOMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT

Maybe this report from the Bloomington Police Department will help clarify the situation:
Officers asked Mgbako to move his vehicle from the drive-thru line, which he agreed to do and moved the vehicle into a parking space in the Taco Bell lot. Upon speaking further with management, they requested that officers tell Mgbako to leave the property. Officers explained to Mgbako that he needed to leave the property and he refused to do so and kept the windows closed on his vehicle. At one point, Mgbako began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again in a parking space on Taco Bell property. He was told repeatedly that he needed to leave the property by officers, but failed to comply and stayed on Taco Bell property for approximately 15 minutes. Officers determined that Mgbako would be arrested for trespassing, but he then moved his vehicle to a nearby lot and parked again. Officers approached his vehicle and advised him that he was under arrest and that he needed to exit his vehicle, but he refused to do so. Officers had to use a baton to break the passenger side window of the vehicle to unlock the doors. Upon opening the driver’s door, Mgbako was given commands to exit the driver’s seat, but he refused to do so. Officers had to forcibly remove him from the vehicle and he tensed his arms and would not allow officers to secure him in handcuffs.

No where in here is the Taco Bell service part of the issue. Here is a clear and very damning story of an entitled asshat disobeying direct police orders and resisting arrest. Say what you will about his reasons, he should never had escalated this to the point where he is lead away in handcuffs.

:cool:

BLOOMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Pointing a finger at others is way easier than pointing it back at yourself and people defend it......exactly why society is entitled.

If he moved his vehicle to another lot why did they have to break his window and arrest him?
Because there's likely more to this than the summary police report.

Not more in the way of criminal conduct; more overreaction than just by Mgbako, who I am pretty clear also overreacted. Very similar to Trevion Williams, only with him the police detained and then 'un-arrested him' and decided not to formally charge.

Because there's likely more to this than the summary police report.

Not more in the way of criminal conduct; more overreaction than just by Mgbako, who I am pretty clear also overreacted. Very similar to Trevion Williams, only with him the police detained and then 'un-arrested him' and decided not to formally charge.
“The man refused to identify himself but was later identified by police as Mgbako. Police told Mgbako to exit the drive-thru line, which he did, but refused to leave the property after Taco Bell managers requested he leave.

Police say that Mgbako “began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again,” staying on the property for another 15 minutes.

Officers attempted to arrest Mgbako but he still refused to exit his vehicle. Eventually, police say they used a baton to break open a car window to give Mgbako commands. According to police, officers had to forcibly remove Mgbako from his vehicle. Eventually, he was taken into custody.”

Definitely more to the story as to why he just wouldn't drive away. So, if this summary above is true…. HE WAS FREE TO GO and yet he reversed and parked again at Taco Bell. Why?????

“The man refused to identify himself but was later identified by police as Mgbako. Police told Mgbako to exit the drive-thru line, which he did, but refused to leave the property after Taco Bell managers requested he leave.

Police say that Mgbako “began to drive out of the lot, but then reversed his vehicle and parked again,” staying on the property for another 15 minutes.

Officers attempted to arrest Mgbako but he still refused to exit his vehicle. Eventually, police say they used a baton to break open a car window to give Mgbako commands. According to police, officers had to forcibly remove Mgbako from his vehicle. Eventually, he was taken into custody.”

Definitely more to the story as to why he just wouldn't drive away. So, if this summary above is true…. HE WAS FREE TO GO and yet he reversed and parked again at Taco Bell. Why?????
I'm hopeful the young man will not follow the path of IU's Jamison Kelly.

I'm hopeful the young man will not follow the path of IU's Jamison Kelly.
Geez...me too! Though you must admit, under the pious mentorship of Tom Allen, Jamison Kelly's three months at IU were without any accessorizing of murders. Then, once he flew from the Tom Allen nest, it all went wrong.

Moral? Leaving Tom Allen can turn a kid into a getaway driver.

Geez...me too! Though you must admit, under the pious mentorship of Tom Allen, Jamison Kelly's three months at IU were without any accessorizing of murders. Then, once he flew from the Tom Allen nest, it all went wrong.

Moral? Leaving Tom Allen can turn a kid into a getaway driver.
As opposed to choking a young woman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT