ADVERTISEMENT

IU fans as a group seem convinced Brohm will shortly leave

something to think about. I've said it before, that I believe Louisville is the only college I currently fear may lure Brohm away. but I fully expect Brohm to stay at Purdue for at least 4-5 years. and if he's successful 4-5 years at Purdue, I would think Louisville would be beneath him. leaving an 8-4 or 9-3 Purdue team to go to Louisville would be a step down.

I guess I'm happy all the IU fans believe brohm will be leaving for a bigger and better job. That means they realize how good of a coach he is. I'd take that as a compliment.

And I don't really see holt pursuing any head coaching jobs. in watching - at least from the TV, he really seems to love his job as defensive coordinator. he seems like a hands on type of guy. I just can't see him as a head coach and delegating that fun to somebody else.

And I don't really see holt pursuing any head coaching jobs. in watching - at least from the TV, he really seems to love his job as defensive coordinator. he seems like a hands on type of guy. I just can't see him as a head coach and delegating that fun to somebody else.[/QUOTE]

$$$$

And I don't really see holt pursuing any head coaching jobs. in watching - at least from the TV, he really seems to love his job as defensive coordinator. he seems like a hands on type of guy. I just can't see him as a head coach and delegating that fun to somebody else.

$$$$[/QUOTE]
He was the HC at Idaho and didn't fare very well. He likes being DC under a strong HC like Brohm and Pete Carroll.

IU fans should be sh*tting bricks.
They had 4 years to make hay while Purdue went thru the worst coaching spell in school history.
Toss in their cupcake OOC schedules -
And they still couldn’t break .500

Exactly

He was the HC at Idaho and didn't fare very well. He likes being DC under a strong HC like Brohm and Pete Carroll.[/QUOTE]

A lot of DCs just got a substantial bump in pay, or likely will be getting one (Aranda, Elko).

I suspect the pay for quality DCs will go up to prevent moves.

I could see holt being offered by an NFL team. As far as head coaching jobs, I can't see BIG name college teams going after him as a head coach. And I would believe Purdue could match most other offers for a defensive coordinator.

This team of coaches has been together for a while. they work well together. I could see a couple of the assistants leaving, but honestly, I believe being an assistant coach at Purdue is one of the better jobs out there.

something to think about. I've said it before, that I believe Louisville is the only college I currently fear may lure Brohm away. but I fully expect Brohm to stay at Purdue for at least 4-5 years. and if he's successful 4-5 years at Purdue, I would think Louisville would be beneath him. leaving an 8-4 or 9-3 Purdue team to go to Louisville would be a step down.

I guess I'm happy all the IU fans believe brohm will be leaving for a bigger and better job. That means they realize how good of a coach he is. I'd take that as a compliment.

Bottom line: they feel the heat.

Tiller was an awesome coach. Exactly what we needed at the time for immediate success, to continue Purdue's tradition as "The Cradle of Quarterbacks", etc.

IMHO, Brohm is Tiller on steroids. He has the tools to do for Purdue what Fry did for Iowa, and what Alvarez did for Wisky. And they're scared. And they should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT