ADVERTISEMENT

IU fans as a group seem convinced Brohm will shortly leave

arcb102000

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
....for another coaching job. It is funny, I see the opposite; I think that he stays a long time.

He appears to be very happy in what he is doing. The team clearly loves him. The alum base loves him. The University Admin seems to love him. He is being paid very well and has very good facilities to help him recruit. Further, if he demands more of anything he is likely to get it.

Looking at next year's schedule, the is a lot to like. Missouri and BC both come to Purdue and I think that those are very winnable games. I can see a better record than this year and I will be amazed if Purdue does not beat IU, even with the game on the road. Of course, there are many wild cards in the deck and lots can happen that would throw my predictions out the window. However, I think that I am more likely to be right than wrong.

So given the assets and good will that he has, why throw it away for a chance that may not be as good. Wisky has dominated the B1G West but they can be had. Nobody else in the division is likely superior to Purdue. Getting to the Championship game is not insurmountable.

Just get use to him being a top option for any coaching vacancy at any power 5 school.

People will always throw his name out there as their next big coach.

Reactions: ghbucs
....for another coaching job. It is funny, I see the opposite; I think that he stays a long time.

He appears to be very happy in what he is doing. The team clearly loves him. The alum base loves him. The University Admin seems to love him. He is being paid very well and has very good facilities to help him recruit. Further, if he demands more of anything he is likely to get it.

Looking at next year's schedule, the is a lot to like. Missouri and BC both come to Purdue and I think that those are very winnable games. I can see a better record than this year and I will be amazed if Purdue does not beat IU, even with the game on the road. Of course, there are many wild cards in the deck and lots can happen that would throw my predictions out the window. However, I think that I am more likely to be right than wrong.

So given the assets and good will that he has, why throw it away for a chance that may not be as good. Wisky has dominated the B1G West but they can be had. Nobody else in the division is likely superior to Purdue. Getting to the Championship game is not insurmountable.
He may or may not be a long term guy for you, but nothing any of the IU football posters say has any relevance. Their lack of football knowledge is shocking, but most of them are plenty happy with a losing program. All they do is complain about anyone who doesn't agree with their warped view of the program, and they run around constantly trying to have people banned. All of the good posters there left long ago for Peegs new site, leaving the the dopes behind.

You know why IU fans have been saying this since the Bucket game? Because they are scared to death that Brohm will stay at Purdue.

I tend to agree on all points. Depending on how the defense looks, I can see 7 wins next year, and that's being conservative. Knowing how well Nick Holt prepares a defense, you can count on his players performing.

Brohm has traveled in his job(s) as an assistant. He's publicly stated he wasn't really interested in leaving Bowling Green (WKU). He's on a roll, has incredible momentum, and he knows it. He also knows this job is fairly low-pressure, with most (all?) pressure being self-imposed. And, he'll be given the resources necessary to do his job.

What's more, give him 3-5 years, and he'll be competing for the B1G west, will have a top-20 team (if not higher), will have built a recruiting pipeline, and will be selling the incredible facilities at Purdue. In other words, the infrastructure is built. Why leave that?

The only answer is, $$$. And the question would be, would Jeff Brohm be motivated solely by a few more coins.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
When you are staring down the barrel of an unfavorable coaching situation like they are you will tell yourself many things you want to believe. Saw it here at the beginning of the Hazell era.

Now they are beginning to see what their AD got them into with Tom Allen. Instead of focusing on their reality, some are cheering for our worst case scenario.

Who knows. Maybe Brohm will run into an opportunity he can't turn down. That may make IU fans happy temporarily but even if that happens I think Brohm will leave the program in much better shape than he found it and we will still find a better coach than Tom Allen. I mean, Mike Kirschner managed to actually win state at Ben Davis right?

He may or may not be a long term guy for you, but nothing any of the IU football posters say has any relevance. Their lack of football knowledge is shocking, but most of them are plenty happy with a losing program. All they do is complain about anyone who doesn't agree with their warped view of the program, and they run around constantly trying to have people banned. All of the good posters there left long ago for Peegs new site, leaving the the dopes behind.
I am not surprised by their lack of football knowledge.

Who cares what they think??

something not said, is by winning 7 games and a bowl game, Purdue is looking at increased ticket sales, increased quality of recruits and continued winning. All of this will lead to increased revenue at Purdue. While Purdue may not be able to compete with what Tenn, Texas, Texas A&M, FSU, Nebraska, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Michigan and OSU have to offer, none of those schools will be looking to hire a coach in the near future. When looking at the future coaching vacancies in 2019-2021, with their increased revenue and interest, Purdue should be able to come close to matching any financial offer Brohm would receive.

let's be realistic. What big name school is out there that would be looking to hire a coach in 2019 - 2021? yes, there are still some schools like Penn St, Georgia, Auburn, and Clemson who would pay more than Purdue is offering, but will they actually be looking for a new coach any time soon?

I’ll throe my two cents in on what I know:

The Brohm’s absolutely love the community aspect of West Lafayette. The kids are extremely well liked in their schools and the educational opportunities afforded to them at their schools likely can’t be copied in most other places. Don’t dismiss the fact that his oldest will be in high school soon and the older a kid gets, the harder it is to uproot.

My guess is that Brohm is a highly intelligent man who looks at these situations from the entire spectrum and not justness if he can make more money and the prestige is bigger. If he grabs some 10 win seasons and averages 7-8 wins a season a Purdue, they’ll likely build a statue, rename a street, and have a burger/pizza named after him.

You can’t look at simply the football aspect to Brohm because he is, simply put, smarter than that. If that was the case, why wouldn’t be he have stayed at WKU one more year and jumped immediately to UT, Florida, etc., this season as WKU likely wins another 8-10 games with this staff.

Like the posts about how they could have gotten to replace Wilson if Glass would have wanted.

Also the "he flirted with Tennessee". Didn't know telling someone no is now considered flirting
They would know all about a coach flirting, seeing as they’re used to coaches flirting with their basketball program before ultimately deciding not to take the job

Reactions: Nieman and pu1985
something not said, is by winning 7 games and a bowl game, Purdue is looking at increased ticket sales, increased quality of recruits and continued winning. All of this will lead to increased revenue at Purdue. While Purdue may not be able to compete with what Tenn, Texas, Texas A&M, FSU, Nebraska, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Michigan and OSU have to offer, none of those schools will be looking to hire a coach in the near future. When looking at the future coaching vacancies in 2019-2021, with their increased revenue and interest, Purdue should be able to come close to matching any financial offer Brohm would receive.

let's be realistic. What big name school is out there that would be looking to hire a coach in 2019 - 2021? yes, there are still some schools like Penn St, Georgia, Auburn, and Clemson who would pay more than Purdue is offering, but will they actually be looking for a new coach any time soon?

Oh sayer of things great and profound, please inform us of the future @ Louisville and how might Purdue football be affected. You sort of left that out of your previous comments.

But Courtsence2 remains. King crybaby.

Reactions: z_one
Oh sayer of things great and profound, please inform us of the future @ Louisville and how might Purdue football be affected. You sort of left that out of your previous comments.

You noticed.

Louisville is the only school I fear losing Brohm to. and if he were to leave for Louisville, it wouldn't be about the money. it would be about going home.

Given a choice of Louisville or Purdue, I'd think he'd choose staying and coaching in the BIG 10. but it would be about a celebrated son returning home. That being said, how many coaches that returned home have succeeded? I don't know. But yes, I fear losing Brohm to Louisville - more so than any other team.

I’ll throe my two cents in on what I know:

The Brohm’s absolutely love the community aspect of West Lafayette. The kids are extremely well liked in their schools and the educational opportunities afforded to them at their schools likely can’t be copied in most other places. Don’t dismiss the fact that his oldest will be in high school soon and the older a kid gets, the harder it is to uproot.

My guess is that Brohm is a highly intelligent man who looks at these situations from the entire spectrum and not justness if he can make more money and the prestige is bigger. If he grabs some 10 win seasons and averages 7-8 wins a season a Purdue, they’ll likely build a statue, rename a street, and have a burger/pizza named after him.

You can’t look at simply the football aspect to Brohm because he is, simply put, smarter than that. If that was the case, why wouldn’t be he have stayed at WKU one more year and jumped immediately to UT, Florida, etc., this season as WKU likely wins another 8-10 games with this staff.

We're all speculating wildly here, of course, but much of this seems logical to me, especially the idea of relocating his family again. Most college towns have good schools, but once your children are in high school, it becomes a bit harder to move.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
Brohm knows that Purdue has higher upside than Louisville. He knows he's in a very good situation at Purdue - Bobinski and the BOT. Louisville is a complete mess right now.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Brohm knows that Purdue has higher upside than Louisville. He knows he's in a very good situation at Purdue - Bobinski and the BOT. Louisville is a complete mess right now.

I would tend to agree with you. But Purdue was a total mess when Brohm came here. And despite all the rumors that will surface in the future, the only one I would fear is if it involved Louisville. if it were me, I'd stay at Purdue. But Louisville is home to Brohm, and he has a lot of connections there.

An interesting question: Would the younger Brohm go to Louisville? or would all the Brohms stay on the same coaching staff?

As a Packers fan, I'd love to see Holt as the new Packers defensive coordinator. Would Holt leave the college ranks for the pros? I don't know.

Will he stay a long time? Not sure. IMO if Purdue is smart, you figure out what he’d make if he hit the open market in 3-4 years and was courted by the powers.. then you offer that to him NOW. If you’re reactive and one of the big boys is already chasing him after next season or the season after, you’re already lost

Reactions: BoilerUpKeefe
Why wouldn’t IU fans think that.. the alternative thought is “this guy stays... and he just beat Arizona in a bowl game with very little talent...”

That’s not a good thought if you’re an IU fan. Remember there’s no pleasure in this rivalry in terms of rivals.com. If we start to dominate like we did for a long time from JT on... they will simply ban all Purdue posts on their forum like they did back then.

Do we know where Mrs. Brohm is from? If she is also from Louisville...

IU fans should be sh*tting bricks.
They had 4 years to make hay while Purdue went thru the worst coaching spell in school history.
Toss in their cupcake OOC schedules -
And they still couldn’t break .500

IU fans should be sh*tting bricks.
They had 4 years to make hay while Purdue went thru the worst coaching spell in school history.
Toss in their cupcake OOC schedules -
And they still couldn’t break .500

But they play in the B1G East! Their schedule is sooo hard! It doesnt matter that they play Rutgers every year and schedule a minimum of 2 patsies. It's like they are an SEC team, all they do is complain about how "hard" their conference schedule is and that is the excuse for buying 3 OOC wins.

Reactions: pu1985 and Purdue85
Some people ,especially IU fans ,were saying that Brohm would leave Purdue after a few years before the season even started.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
Hausta01 said: ↑
But they play in the B1G East! Their schedule is sooo hard! It doesnt matter that they play Rutgers every year and schedule a minimum of 2 patsies. It's like they are an SEC team, all they do is complain about how "hard" their conference schedule is and that is the excuse for buying 3 OOC wins.

Sagarin's SOS:
Purdue 31
IU 43

Reactions: Hausta01
Again another IU thread.....who gives a shit what they think or do.

Happy New Year all.....well everyone but IU and ND and throw in O$U douches.

Reactions: Nieman
Some people ,especially IU fans ,were saying that Brohm would leave Purdue after a few years before the season even started.

Many IU fans, when the B1G announced the divisions: "Hey, we're in the best division! The best players will come here to play the best". No, the best players want to win.

Many IU fans: "If only we were in the West, we'd be better and getting better recruits." No evidence to support that.

Every IU fan: "If Brohm leaves Purdue, we'll beat Purdue and be awesome !"

I get it Chevy, but IU fans are fun to point and laugh at...some on their board think it's time to leave the B1G, like they'd do any better in the ACC...

We as Purdue fans have to be honest, when is the last time we had a coach in any sport stay at Purdue for any length of time? Seems like the big boys poach our coaches every year and that was when we had the high rolling AD Morgan Burke instead of our current penny pincher AD.

Face it, we're doomed.

We as Purdue fans have to be honest, when is the last time we had a coach in any sport stay at Purdue for any length of time? Seems like the big boys poach our coaches every year and that was when we had the high rolling AD Morgan Burke instead of our current penny pincher AD.

Face it, we're doomed.
Maybe Painter and Keady? Though I trust you were tic

I tend to agree on all points. Depending on how the defense looks, I can see 7 wins next year, and that's being conservative. Knowing how well Nick Holt prepares a defense, you can count on his players performing.

Brohm has traveled in his job(s) as an assistant. He's publicly stated he wasn't really interested in leaving Bowling Green (WKU). He's on a roll, has incredible momentum, and he knows it. He also knows this job is fairly low-pressure, with most (all?) pressure being self-imposed. And, he'll be given the resources necessary to do his job.

What's more, give him 3-5 years, and he'll be competing for the B1G west, will have a top-20 team (if not higher), will have built a recruiting pipeline, and will be selling the incredible facilities at Purdue. In other words, the infrastructure is built. Why leave that?

The only answer is, $$$. And the question would be, would Jeff Brohm be motivated solely by a few more coins.

Louisville and Yum Foods (Kentucky Fried Chicken) money will go all out after him when Bobby Petrino retires.

Louisville and Yum Foods (Kentucky Fried Chicken) money will go all out after him when Bobby Petrino retires.
Petrino is only 56 years old. He's not likely going anywhere anytime soon, unless UL fires him (for performance on-the-field) or he gets fired or resigns due to some other unsavory stuff off-the-field.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT