ADVERTISEMENT

It's better this way

Apr 1, 2019
If they're going to lose, and you know pretty much they are before the FF, I'd rather it happen like it did. I don't want to get all hyped for an Elite Eight game only to lose it in some flukey fashion...or blow out...etc. There's never been a Purdue team since the last FF appearance (when I still had a gorgeous head of hair and a tight belly), that has improved going into the tournament. It simply doesn't happen. And, this has been exaggerated the last two years as Purdue has come flying out of the gate in November only to pull up lame in March. If anyone sees the pattern changing, please tell me on what you base your optimism.

I said this in an earlier thread, that I didn't think another coach could take this team of players and do what CMP did with them during the regular season. I'll also say no other coach could take this team of players and do with them what CMP did yesterday. I feel very confident that I could have coached this team to a victory yesterday simply by telling the other four guys to throw the ball into Zach on every possession or come sit by me on the bench. I'd have rather played the walk-ons down the stretch than the regular rotation players.

It's March. It's tourney time. Purdue will find a way to crush your spirit. As Din Djarin would say, "This is the way."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT