ADVERTISEMENT

It continues. Edey hate on full display.....

Nov 30, 2003

Warning. View at your own risk. Verbal leprosy on display. Send the kids out of the room.

" Did AWFUL Officiating Send Zach Edey & Purdue To The FINAL FOUR? "​

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Alot of crazy there.

Take I could agree with.....the lack of 3 Second calls. That was fair. As I have said elsewhere regarding refs swallowing their whistles on Edey getting fouled......the rules are written, enforce them. Well the same goes for 3 seconds

They say they are having Dakich on later. I’d be curious to see what he said. Just two more butthurt Tennessee fans spewing garbage.

Reactions: pboiler18
Alot of crazy there.

Take I could agree with.....the lack of 3 Second calls. That was fair. As I have said elsewhere regarding refs swallowing their whistles on Edey getting fouled......the rules are written, enforce them. Well the same goes for 3 seconds
Nothing new, same garbage other fan bases have said all season. They don’t seem to know that the NCAAM’s basketball rule allows simply one foot out and the other in the air to reset.

Ant Wright breaks it down

Alot of crazy there.

I did not watch the video. I saw Hummel talk about three seconds a day or two ago. He said most people do not understand the rule properly and that Zach does not commit the violation often - that said, I’m sure he does some but it’s just not a rule that’s enforced anymore. I’ll take Rob’s word for it over fans.

Nothing new, same garbage other fan bases have said all season. They don’t seem to know that the NCAAM’s basketball rule allows simply one foot out and the other in the air to reset.

Ant Wright breaks it down

I don't think alot of novice fans understand the reset on the 3 seconds.

Still as good as Edey is, I can only recall one 3 second call all year? That is a tribute to both his ability, but moreso to the fact that refs have so many other things to look at, that 3 seconds sometimes takes a back seat simply because with all there is to see, refs would have to look solely at that closely, and concentrate on that with the legal resets. That would be a hard ask, with all that goes on in the lane.

Reactions: punaj
The rule states that the player must make an concerted effort to reset, so I think they see Zach doing that and also that the count is suspended/reset when he goes into his shooting motion or is rebounding.

As a whole, though, I agree that they don’t call it really on anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT