ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the start of Brohm's decline?

The decline started after the 2018 win vs OSU. That was the pinnacle of the Brohm era. The Brohm bidding war and contact extension was a prime example of “buying high”. Any doubt should have been put to rest in that debacle vs Auburn. However, it’s clear that 2 years later some are still in denial.

Yep we should’ve just let him walk shouldn’t we?

You think Fickell would’ve come to Purdue? Lol

Fickell wasn't anywhere near the hot commodity as he is now and if Purdue was going to throw dumb money at someone, might as well given it to someone who at least knows what they're doing.

Fickell wasn't anywhere near the hot commodity as he is now and if Purdue was going to throw dumb money at someone, might as well given it to someone who at least knows what they're doing.
You mean the guy who is 2-1 (and very close to 3-0) against Rev. Coach Leo and the love machine?

Reactions: Level 42

I’m actually shocked you didn’t post here after the Diaco news. I’m sure it wasn’t easy even though you were probably over here reading stuff.

I’m actually shocked you didn’t post here after the Diaco news. I’m sure it wasn’t easy even though you were probably over here reading stuff.

Sorry I missed it. But I'm all here for the next poor SOB that gets hired on and railroaded out of town. Any idea who Brohm is looking to hire as Scapegoat Coordinator.

You think Diaco was a scapegoat?

Totally.

He coached 6 games. He was hired to run a system that he didn't have the personnel for. You don't go from running a 4-3 to a 3-4 to overnight success. It just doesn't happen. Diaco wasn't a good coach by any means (never should have been hired in the first place) but Purdue's failures as a program this year lie solely on the head coach. When you're unprepared, undisciplined, and show a complete lack of interest on the side line, it falls on the top.

Totally.

He coached 6 games. He was hired to run a system that he didn't have the personnel for. You don't go from running a 4-3 to a 3-4 to overnight success. It just doesn't happen. Diaco wasn't a good coach by any means (never should have been hired in the first place) but Purdue's failures as a program this year lie solely on the head coach. When you're unprepared, undisciplined, and show a complete lack of interest on the side line, it falls on the top.
Yet he is 2-1 against the love machine.

Totally.

He wasn’t fired for on-field results. Pretty clear what happened here.

It’s clear you have no idea what you’re talking about. Holt was certainly a scapegoat but Diaco wasn’t.

How was he not? You don't hire and bring someone in to run a completely different scheme without the proper personnel and expect overnight success. Jeff Brohm brought Diaco in knowing that it would be a 1-2 year progress to get the correct personnel adjusted to Diaco's 3-4 scheme. Jeff Brohm knew he had another 2-3 years at Purdue because he knows that's what happens when you swindle an entire athletic department into a situation that completely handcuffs their decision making towards his future tenure.

But this was the first time in Brohm's tenure that he's received any kind of negative backlash from the fan base, so rather than coming out and owning his failures he took the easy way out and fired a DC 6 games into a pandemic-shortened season running a completely new system without any kind of offseason or preseason practice with improper personnel. That is the textbook example of scapegoating.

You can make the argument that Diaco should have never been hired in the first place and in that case I would be inclined to agree with you, but Jeff Brohm is the one who hired him. Brohm can't fire himself for a bad hire can he? No, Diaco was the logical choice to pit this seasons failure on i.e scapegoat.

How was he not? You don't hire and bring someone in to run a completely different scheme without the proper personnel and expect overnight success. Jeff Brohm brought Diaco in knowing that it would be a 1-2 year progress to get the correct personnel adjusted to Diaco's 3-4 scheme. Jeff Brohm knew he had another 2-3 years at Purdue because he knows that's what happens when you swindle an entire athletic department into a situation that completely handcuffs their decision making towards his future tenure.

But this was the first time in Brohm's tenure that he's received any kind of negative backlash from the fan base, so rather than coming out and owning his failures he took the easy way out and fired a DC 6 games into a pandemic-shortened season running a completely new system without any kind of offseason or preseason practice with improper personnel. That is the textbook example of scapegoating.

You can make the argument that Diaco should have never been hired in the first place and in that case I would be inclined to agree with you, but Jeff Brohm is the one who hired him. Brohm can't fire himself for a bad hire can he? No, Diaco was the logical choice to pit this seasons failure on i.e scapegoat.
How do you know Bobinski didn't push for the hire? How do you know Diaco didn't completely destroy morale and trust on the team? Oh that's right, you don't...

If you read our premium board, you’d know why he was fired. It’s not rocket science and it wasn’t because of what happened on the field.

If you read our premium board, you’d know why he was fired. It’s not rocket science and it wasn’t because of what happened on the field.
Is it because he’s an absolute weirdo? Which was well documented on YouTube prior to his hire
Edit- and I’m not throwing shade here lol I just found the hire mind boggling to begin with, mainly based on the above.

Your premium board also thought Brohm stopped recruiting McCulley to prioritize Jackson 24 hours before McCulley committed to IU so excuse me for not giving a damn. Diaco has become the scapegoat for this season.

Is it because he’s an absolute weirdo? Which was well documented on YouTube prior to his hire
Edit- and I’m not throwing shade here lol I just found the hire mind boggling to begin with, mainly based on the above.

No doubt he was a weirdo. But there were a lot of issues behind the scenes that made it extremely difficult to keep him.

Reactions: wakeman2626
Your premium board also thought Brohm stopped recruiting McCulley to prioritize Jackson 24 hours before McCulley committed to IU so excuse me for not giving a damn. Diaco has become the scapegoat for this season.

Our premium board also was spot on re Trey Kaufman when Rabjohns and company ended up looking like they had no idea what was going on. Nobody bats .1000. Diaco wasn't fired because of what happened on the field. If you choose not to believe that so be it.

Our premium board also was spot on re Trey Kaufman when Rabjohns and company ended up looking like they had no idea what was going on. Nobody bats .1000. Diaco wasn't fired because of what happened on the field. If you choose not to believe that so be it.

I’ve already agreed with you that he wasn’t fired for on-field performance. There’s no way you can accurately gauge a coach during a pandemic-shortened season with little to no time to implement a brand new scheme without the proper personnel. He wasn’t fired for that. But somebody had to take to the fall for Purdue’s pitiful season....Can only use referees and injuries for an excuse for losing so many times right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT