ADVERTISEMENT

Is Painter wasting his time

He's an IU troll.
He's not even good at it.
Hopefully we get two of three of Langford, Phinsee, Hunter.
now this is why people get worked up. Now these are the only three guys left on the planet worth signing. I know. They are the three regurgitated the most on here but that doesn't mean there are not others just as good. Probably some no one here knows about but because we didn't here about them on this board they become plan D quality. ''Tis a silly place."

This 1
So if a poster has a differing opinion, they must be a troll or an IU fan? And if you have 30,000 posts, it's the guy with 1,000 who is the one who talks too much. Ok, I gotcha.
73 guy has all of 10 posts, and all have been about how much e should fear IU and their boy Archie. Every year about this time we get 2-3 new "Purdue fans" that are actually some poor IU guys trying to get their props before the season starts. It is their only window to feel good about themselves. We tolerate, and send them on their way. From his 10 posts, I'd say 1973 is highly suspect.

I too am jacked for the Carmel scrimmage. Do we know date and time yet?
August 11 and then west Lafayette on August 12. I think think Purdue may be playing a Canadian team on the 11th, but I'm still in Germany and not on this sites as much lately

Didn't know you were mixing in a trip to Transylvania, TJ. Safe travels on your return to the good ol U.S.A.
Should be in be in BWI around 5pm and home the next day and then off to silver lake, Michigan for a little Purdue get together. Two chem Es ,two MEs and another who dropped out and then got a chemistry degree. Enjoyed many places and LOTS OF BEER but disappointed in Frankfurt. I hope I didn't put on too much weight.

Should be in be in BWI around 5pm and home the next day and then off to silver lake, Michigan for a little Purdue get together. Two chem Es ,two MEs and another who dropped out and then got a chemistry degree. Enjoyed many places and LOTS OF BEER but disappointed in Frankfurt. I hope I didn't put on too much weight.
Silver Lake is a lovely area. Both of them. There is one north of Muskegon, Near Lake Michigan, and another just north of Ann Arbor. Which are you going for?

Silver Lake is a lovely area. Both of them. There is one north of Muskegon, Near Lake Michigan, and another just north of Ann Arbor. Which are you going for?
Muskegon if that is a little north of silver lake and has an airport? I'm driving, but at least two will be flying in and I think the airport is north of his house

I'm familiar with the area. It is beautiful and the weather should be good for swimming in the warmer parts of the day, and imbibing adult liquids in the evening, watching the sunset over the lake. Have fun!

Reactions: tjreese
I'm familiar with the area. It is beautiful and the weather should be good for swimming in the warmer parts of the day, and imbibing adult liquids in the evening, watching the sunset over the lake. Have fun!
I could do some swimming, but my money says drinks and old stories and although they all knew my X, they have never met Kim and so I wonder what stories I forgot that they would remember. One of the guys that is a vet in New Hampshire I don't think is coming and I spent a lot of time with him as well. It should be interesting

I like the 17 class it's a good one just nothing special there's a reason why that class is ranked towards the back of the Big Ten. It will win games maybe a Big Ten regular-season Championship but no national championship. That's all I'm saying I'm just a Purdue fan that has realize National Championship is never going to happen. As long as we keep winning Big Ten championships
One reason is we don't cheat I know for a fact players that came here refused money and contact from coaches outside contact days. Our alumni don't pay players and shouldn't only bluebloods do and get away with it ! AKA, N Carolina

That's unfortunate to hear about Frankfurt. When I was stationed in Germany for a bit, it was a great place. Sit next to a drunk German and that usually meant free beer all night.

Man I miss that.

Haarms sounds like a 3 year project for 1 year of production..... I wouldn't count on him. CMP needs to land some studs in 18 or we will be in trouble.

Painter has said several times that he really likes Haarms and has been impressed. He has gained weight and been with the team for half a year. He might not get much time this year, but he should be seeing significant minutes if not starting once Ewing and Taylor leave. He is good mobility for his size and he is an absolute monster. He can also stretch out defenses with his ability to shoot. Pulling the opposing 5 out of the paint and giving Carsen clear lanes is very very appealing.

That's unfortunate to hear about Frankfurt. When I was stationed in Germany for a bit, it was a great place. Sit next to a drunk German and that usually meant free beer all night.

Man I miss that.

Frankfort, Mich., is a small town on Lake Michigan at the base of the Leelanau Peninsula, less than a day trip from Sleeping Bear Dune National Park, Traverse City, ferries to South and North Manitou islands, etc. I have been there often and love it, but if you expected something different than what it turned out to be, of course you were disappointed.

Frankfurt, Germany, (pop. 731,095) is part of a huge metro region. My only experience there was s stop over in its airport.

Frankfort, Ind.? We played their high school team, the Hot Dogs, many years ago. Much different places.

As a now-Michigan guy, I am sorry, TJ, if you were disappointed in "our" state's version. I have many happy memories of the times I've spent there.

Reactions: mathboy

Man I miss that.
I was looking for more history than I could find there. Spent a night in ramstein and climbed in a c130

Reactions: BBG
Frankfort, Mich., is a small town on Lake Michigan at the base of the Leelanau Peninsula, less than a day trip from Sleeping Bear Dune National Park, Traverse City, ferries to South and North Manitou islands, etc. I have been there often and love it, but if you expected something different than what it turned out to be, of course you were disappointed.

Frankfurt, Germany, (pop. 731,095) is part of a huge metro region. My only experience there was s stop over in its airport.

Frankfort, Ind.? We played their high school team, the Hot Dogs, many years ago. Much different places.

As a now-Michigan guy, I am sorry, TJ, if you were disappointed in "our" state's version. I have many happy memories of the times I've spent there.
Frankfurt Germany

I was looking for more history than I could find there. Spent a night in ramstein and climbed in a c130
Now that part doesn't surprise me about the lack of history. Much of it when I was there was found in the country . The castles and what not are a sight to see.

I spent many a time climbing out of c130s ;)

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Now that part doesn't surprise me about the lack of history. Much of it when I was there was found in the country . The castles and what not are a sight to see.

Kim has a lt col that arranged our visit.

Going there I ended up in the mountains for about 12 miles winding around with nobody around

Going there I ended up in the mountains for about 12 miles winding around with nobody around
That brings back some memories. Some gorgeous landscapes there and it's not uncommon to find yourself all alone in the middle of nowhere. Just watch out for the Boar Hogs.. those things can be nasty.

It seems that we spend a lot of time recruiting players that have no interest in Purdue.
They pay their compliments, make us feel good and move on......
Other coaches sweep right in and in 1 swoop and get their commitment, are we aiming too high?

Why don't we target the student athlete more instead of the athlete. It seems by the time we get to the good fit for our program at times they are gone....IN had a 6'10 Kid that signed with Iowa...did we try.

Someone enlighten me on why we cannot get more than 1 good class in a row

Old and frustrated

"Why don't we target the student athlete more instead of the athlete"
Right or wrong, the name of the game in big time college athletics is to win games. Sure, people pay lip service to 'student athletes' and graduation rates, but that's not what puts a$ses in the seats and funding in the coffers. It's winning. Period.
Sure, there's some really good basketball players who also happen to be good students but they're not the majority. You need really good athletes to compete at the highest level.

I'm not tired of conference championships. Hope we win it again this year.

I like conference championships as well but the goal should be Final Fours, not just B10 trophies.
I would be interesting to see what Izzo and Painter write on the blackboard on the first day of practice as far as season goals.

That brings back some memories. Some gorgeous landscapes there and it's not uncommon to find yourself all alone in the middle of nowhere. Just watch out for the Boar Hogs.. those things can be nasty.
Always thought I would like to hunt those...maybe with my 4570?

Painter has said several times that he really likes Haarms and has been impressed. He has gained weight and been with the team for half a year. He might not get much time this year, but he should be seeing significant minutes if not starting once Ewing and Taylor leave. He is good mobility for his size and he is an absolute monster. He can also stretch out defenses with his ability to shoot. Pulling the opposing 5 out of the paint and giving Carsen clear lanes is very very appealing.
From what I've heard, he's way behind the other freshman.

From what I've heard, he's way behind the other freshman.
I hope what you are hearing is not an informed opinion...I would really like for him to be good. Course if he is really good and the others are better..
That works as well.

I hope what you are hearing is not an informed opinion...I would really like for him to be good. Course if he is really good and the others are better..
That works as well.

Or it could be as simple as Eastern and Wheeler are way ahead of what is expected from a freshman.

Painter has said in a couple of interviews Haarms was further along than expected. He also added a bunch of weight and muscle and has been all in. He already has very good shooters touch and good mobility for his size. He also likely has the entire season to learn the system. I think Haarms will be fine, even if he doesn't see the court. Between Haas, Ewing, and Taylor they may eat up all the minutes. That gives him a little more time, but I expect atleast 2 years of productivity and 3 of he doesn't graduate transfer. Only one way to find out.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Or it could be as simple as Eastern and Wheeler are way ahead of what is expected from a freshman.

Painter has said in a couple of interviews Haarms was further along than expected. He also added a bunch of weight and muscle and has been all in. He already has very good shooters touch and good mobility for his size. He also likely has the entire season to learn the system. I think Haarms will be fine, even if he doesn't see the court. Between Haas, Ewing, and Taylor they may eat up all the minutes. That gives him a little more time, but I expect atleast 2 years of productivity and 3 of he doesn't graduate transfer. Only one way to find out.
as I said..."IF" Haarms is fine and some others are ahead of him...they must be better than fine. which is fine with me

Reactions: Inspector100
as I said..."IF" Haarms is fine and some others are ahead of him...they must be better than fine. which is fine with me

I guess we are agreeing to agree here. I can dig it. I just wanted to point out that it could be because the incoming freshman are way ahead of schedule. It doesn't necessarily mean he isn't coming along, because Painter has said many things contrary to that. I hope that means the freshman get meaningful minutes and we improve off of last year! Cheers.

Yes I would take hunter reason is probably get 3-4 yrs vs 1 yr.with Langford.
I would take a 5* top 5 player over a 4* every time.... even if it's 1 year. Look at the impact Biggie alone had, and wasn't projected anywhere near Langfords talent.

Reactions: ahhculdee
I would take a 5* top 5 player over a 4* every time.... even if it's 1 year. Look at the impact Biggie alone had, and wasn't projected anywhere near Langfords talent.

I wouldn't classify Biggie as not having anywhere near Langford's talent. One was the #9 recruit of his class, the other the #5.

Also, I would probably would take 4 years of Etwaun/Hummel/Carsen/Vince over freshman Langford

I wouldn't classify Biggie as not having anywhere near Langford's talent. One was the #9 recruit of his class, the other the #5.

Also, I would probably would take 4 years of Etwaun/Hummel/Carsen/Vince over freshman Langford
Romeo Langford is projected as a top 5 NBA draft pick when he comes out. Biggie wasn't even projected as a 1st rounder until his sophmore year.

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019-nba-mock-draft.html''

As for Etwaun/Hummel etc... none of them has got us past a S16. I have higher expectations.

Projected is exactly correct nothing is guaranteed! Romeo was 1 or 2 before the beginning of AAU and he has dropped 2-3 spots. He is very talented but don't get caught up in projections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT