ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans getting restless

Cannot help their fans to see how we are using Jones
That is why relatives are so pissed about losing Charlie Jones. Couldn’t get him the ball! Wait till Tyrone Tracy has a great game this season. Won’t hesitate to send them that notice.
For the record, I told them about the 3 TD’s before halftime. They lost their shit and actively compare Charlie Jones offensive production to Iowa’s. Very close one to the other.

That is why relatives are so pissed about losing Charlie Jones. Couldn’t get him the ball! Wait till Tyrone Tracy has a great game this season. Won’t hesitate to send them that notice.
For the record, I told them about the 3 TD’s before halftime. They lost their shit and actively compare Charlie Jones offensive production to Iowa’s. Very close one to the other.
I think they showed yesterday during the game that Jones's first 2 game receiving production is within 80 yards of the entire Iowa WR production for their first 2 games.

That's just funny right there. Gotta love college football fans. It seems they got both Stoops and Fran.
The only question is whether this was friendly fire or from a rival.
Agree it is creative & funny to an extent. Certainly a gray area in terms of hiring celebs who end up getting punked while clowning on a coach. I also believe it is getting maliciously weird and certainly not healthy for Brian Ferentz nor Kirk Ferentz either. How much longer does the AD let this go on?

Can't scorn on nepotism too much with the relatives though as we have our own family affair here at Purdue.
Does anyone think that JaMarcus Shephard's departure may have been due to growth opportunities (AHC)?
Shep's home base is Ft. Wayne, IN. To go to Washington for only AHC title is interesting.

Agree it is creative & funny to an extent. Certainly a gray area in terms of hiring celebs who end up getting punked while clowning on a coach. I also believe it is getting maliciously weird and certainly not healthy for Brian Ferentz nor Kirk Ferentz either. How much longer does the AD let this go on?

Can't scorn on nepotism too much with the relatives though as we have our own family affair here at Purdue.
Does anyone think that JaMarcus Shephard's departure may have been due to growth opportunities (AHC)?
Shep's home base is Ft. Wayne, IN. To go to Washington for only AHC title is interesting.

Personally, I think it's not only in bad taste, but just not too smart to hire family when you work for an entity you don't own. And even when you do own it. I don't like that Jeff has Brian and Greg on staff. It just puts everyone in a bad position.

Eventually, it always comes back to bite that person, as someone is left with hard feelings when something goes wrong or the family member is treated differently than the other staff members. I've seen it time and time again in both family businesses and in the corporate world.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Personally, I think it's not only in bad taste, but just not too smart to hire family when you work for an entity you don't own. And even when you do own it. I don't like that Jeff has Brian and Greg on staff. It just puts everyone in a bad position.

Eventually, it always comes back to bite that person, as someone is left with hard feelings when something goes wrong or the family member is treated differently than the other staff members. I've seen it time and time again in both family businesses and in the corporate world.
I think it helps that Jeff and Brian are on the same side of the football and Jeff is ultimately running the show. If Brian was DC things could have gotten really ugly. With the current arrangement either both Jeff and Brian go down together or Brian gets tired of living in the shadow and will venture out for his own gig pretty soon (my prediction). Neither of those outcomes puts people in a bad position.
Greg has an administrative position and is not ultimately going to be any sort of position to turn things sideways.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I think it helps that Jeff and Brian are on the same side of the football and Jeff is ultimately running the show. If Brian was DC things could have gotten really ugly. With the current arrangement either both Jeff and Brian go down together or Brian gets tired of living in the shadow and will venture out for his own gig pretty soon (my prediction). Neither of those outcomes puts people in a bad position.
Greg has an administrative position and is not ultimately going to be any sort of position to turn things sideways.

I can agree with that. Makes sense...

Hawks lose the Cy Hawk trophy @ Kinnick & suddenly they want to can Ferentz(LOL).
Check out their (free) football board (right after the game)(another LOL).
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Hawks lose the Cy Hawk trophy @ Kinnick & suddenly they want to can Ferentz(LOL).
Check out their (free) football board (right after the game)(another LOL).
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png
I always thought they would move on from Capt. Kirk when alum Bret Buliema was available. His style would have fit there too.

This is an absolute riot. Wish Cameo was around during the Haze era.
Who would you have hired as your celebrity hit-man? Drew? Gene? And would you target Hazell or Shoop?

Hey John. It's Coach Keady. I hear you've had a rough time finding success in your profession. And it hasn't been easy bouncing from the midwest to the east coast and back again. But your family still loves you.. probably. I'm sure you will eventually your rightful place. Go Boilers!

• Haha
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Who would you have hired as your celebrity hit-man? Drew? Gene? And would you target Hazell or Shoop?

Hey John. It's Coach Keady. I hear you've had a rough time finding success in your profession. And it hasn't been easy bouncing from the midwest to the east coast and back again. But your family still loves you.. probably. I'm sure you will eventually your rightful place. Go Boilers!
Hi Darrell- Drew Brees here. I understand things aren’t going well at work, and that you lost your special binder. I’m told you work with bricks so you must be in construction.

Also heard that you hired a guy with a ratty beard who’s not working out. Hope you can work thru that and find your binder. Best of luck.

Hi Darrell- Drew Brees here. I understand things aren’t going well at work, and that you lost your special binder. I’m told you work with bricks so you must be in construction.

Also heard that you hired a guy with a ratty beard who’s not working out. Hope you can work thru that and find your binder. Best of luck.
Hilarious. Afraid you might have tipped your hand though.

I worked for a family construction business, The old man was the real brains . 2 sons killing time and one that stayed and caused lots of troubles between people on who should be running what . it just never works

Reactions: purduepat1969
I worked for a family construction business, The old man was the real brains . 2 sons killing time and one that stayed and caused lots of troubles between people on who should be running what . it just never works
Supposedly Dick Portillo sold Portillo’s because he didn’t think any of his kids could run the company.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT